#indiepopcultcoolsubculture

#indiepopcultcoolsubculture

A Story by by Lauren

This is our pop culture “cult”-cool world.

Where genuine is in, and no one is allowed to have the answers.

Where self-proclaimed feminists boast in their confusion.

Where the line is drawn between the oppressed and the dominant group. And how do we know who is “dominating” in our culture? They claim to have the truth.

We are proud of our uniqueness. We thrive on individuality.

We believe in helping other people, but we’ll do it our own way, on our own time. And we’ll teach the world our newfound, self-indulgent philosophy as we go.

What anchors our hearts and drives our mission? Uh…[insert emotional rant]

Why is it fair that God, creating the world (and you) should not have the power to determine how His world works and what He will do with you. How did you become so powerful that you could figure out the answers that work for you; despite God, despite the order of the universe, and despite everyone else.

Just a thought.

© 2012 by Lauren


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012
Tags: tumblr, indie, subculture, cult, cool, popular, pop culture, critique

Author

by Lauren
by Lauren

Apple Valley, CA



About
I'm a Communication graduate with some experience in journalism and writing copy for advertising. I don't have an agent and am somewhat "undiscovered" but would like to increase my readership. I w.. more..

Writing