Shadow-Lovers Promise

Shadow-Lovers Promise

A Poem by Aviendha

 

Awakening in timeless grey
Too many years too soon
“This is not your place,” he smiles,
He weeps, “you must go home.”
 
A sudden, beautiful embrace
In soft Shadow-Lovers arms
Weeping, pouring out regret
 From cruelly parted Angel’s flesh
 
Beauty-sweet tears mingle
In Death’s departing kiss
The mourning Lovers’ only gift
To a tired and weary soul
 
Restless souls wander back to such
A cold and mortal world
Bearing on warm lips the taste of
Shadow-Lovers promise

© 2008 Aviendha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:-) A lover from the other side... spooky and nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such powerful expression of love and loss in so few words. Thank you, Sarah.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh, this poem is so Vanyel-esque! I absolutely loved it, the flow is broken just as the spirit is in death, and the descriptions mimic the sorrowful but oddly sweet feel of Death's embrace. This is just the kind of creativity I was looking for in my emotion contest; where everyone else wrote about love and pain, you wrote about both, and how they meet together in our final homecoming. Wonderful, loveling, keep up the excellent work and thanks for entering my contest!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Death... very powerful to write about, and it can be overwhelming to get your feelings down on paper or computer, etc. Intersting imagery and a pretty good piece. I'll have to read some more of your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i liked this. i have dealt a lot with death so i completely understand the words "cold and mortal world." beautifully written. my interpretation is interesting...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Though it can be taken literally as well, the poem is geared more toward the spiritual, and death as the Shadow-lover.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The language and format of this poem is brilliant, showing the emptyness of the morning after some casual loving. We must go home, for the lover is more a stranger in the mornign than the night before.

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

Aviendha
Aviendha

TX



About
Potter PoetryJul 24, 2007 - Sep 15, 2007Win 1000 Galleons and a free trip to Hogsmead I read a lot of fantasy books, and I want to write one of my own someday. I have a pretty good start on it, ch.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Life My Life

A Poem by Tate Morgan