Chapter-1

Chapter-1

A Chapter by catwoman

Kate looked out through the window of her new room. The entire area was covered with snow and the sky was over cast. The tranquility in her surroundings were in contrast to the turmoil in her mind. She and her mother had just moved from the place that had been home to her for the past fifteen years, She had tried her level best to persuade her mother to decline the job she had been offered but it had all been in vain and they had soon moved to this place where she knew no one. The sound of her mother interrupted her trail of thoughts.


"Kate.Come here."


Kate moved reluctantly towards the source, She and her mother had not engaged in any substantial conversation, since her mother had accepted the job. As she entered the dining room where her mother was standing, she saw that  they had a visitor. He was a tall man who appeared to be in his late sixties. He had an amiable yet stern countenance.He was smiling at her. 


"Kate, this is the principal of your new school, Mr.Sinclair. He is a close friend of mine."


Kate gave a half-hearted smile.


"So you'll be coming to my school tomorrow?"asked Mr Sinclair.


"I think my mother would be more informed about my future activities than I" she said with false sweetness.


Her mother looked at her angrily.


"Well, I sure hope to see you tomorrow and I am sure you shall find this school more agreeable than what you believe. I will get going now." he said and he picked up his coat and moved towards the front of the house. Her mother followed and Kate slowly made her way back to her room.


She decided to sleep. It was close to 9 p.m. and the long flight had exhausted her,besides it would help her avoid the fight with her mother which was looming precariously in the atmosphere. 


She lay down in her new bed and closed her eyes, shutting out the unfamiliar surroundings in which she was to spend a year. 





© 2015 catwoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A good start, you need at least spaces after your periods and question marks before starting a new sentence. After the sentence ending in 'false sweetness' you need a period rather than a comma. Good job on keeping the chapter short, this tends to make readers more likely to read your work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

catwoman

8 Years Ago

I am so bad with punctuation. i get confused with the commas and full stops. thank you so much for t.. read more



Reviews

A good start, you need at least spaces after your periods and question marks before starting a new sentence. After the sentence ending in 'false sweetness' you need a period rather than a comma. Good job on keeping the chapter short, this tends to make readers more likely to read your work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

catwoman

8 Years Ago

I am so bad with punctuation. i get confused with the commas and full stops. thank you so much for t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 31, 2015
Last Updated on April 2, 2015


Author

catwoman
catwoman

Writing
Chapter-1 Chapter-1

A Chapter by catwoman


Unforgotten Unforgotten

A Book by catwoman