Recommendations: A Home In A Construction Tube | IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore BK Thailand

Recommendations: A Home In A Construction Tube | IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore BK Thailand

A Story by Selena Miles
"

I am sharing with you, these simple experience of mine, just like the many others who have contributed in the IAM Group Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand.

"

Food for the Soul Stories | Recommendations IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand

At a young age, we should be very appreciative of what our parents provide us. Sometimes to those who are not well off, and with a scarcity of resources, our parents still strive for our best interest. Above all, they go beyond their limits just to provide us with the proper education to be our tool when we go out facing the world.

I had a fair life. We were not that poor, but we were not rich. My parents who were good people provided us with only the essentials in life. A good ‘well being’ and education. My father believed that you should be a good person and possess good traits to have a happy life, while mother never failed in instilling a love of learning.

My parents:

  1. Worked so hard, everyday
  2. Both of them as a team
  3. Wake up early in the morning to plant rice in the rice field.

They also planted vegetables which my mother sells to the neighbors or at the market. After school hours, they help us with our school projects and assignments.

We saw how much our parents strive to provide for our family, there were times, I did not want to go to school, I was getting weary of going to school and told my mother that I would just help them. But my mother said, you can help us by doing good in school, and soon at the right time, you will be able to help us beyond your expectations. My father taught us that whenever we feel lazy going to school, we should think of them, our parents, who doesn’t feel any exhaustion providing for our education.

My father said that there may come a time that we may loose all of our possession, our valuable material things but no one can take away the wealth of education. We may not have that enough money to start a business of our own, but we will have the wisdom, knowledge and skills to find one.

With that inspiration, we did good in school. We never wasted anytime and money, for in our mind we see how our parents are working so hard. As my parents work hard in the field, my siblings and I studied very hard, in God’s grace, every end of the school year my proud parents come up to the stage and pin us our medals for our citations. We compete in schools everywhere.  And to surprise our hardworking parents we always take home with Inter School Competition with Awards. And you could really see and feel the pride my parents have for us, tears of joy flow from my mother’s eyes and how my father tightly embraces us, and proudly introduces us to all the people he meets.  There was a point in time that they felt like going on stage is a yearly routine for them sometimes we felt like since they get used to it, we feel that they fell less excited.  However, with this we never had this feeling less with our parents because we always think that sometimes, attention may not be there at that moment we expect to feel our triumphs, even if they are not around, we know that all the hardwork and less time for us are the results of their hopes to give us better future.

After graduation, we were able to land a good job. It was a good start. Because of our experiences early on in our lives, we learned to value every opportunity that comes in front of us. With this, it was very easy for us to be appreciative of the people we work with. We were entrusted with bigger responsibilities, with the knowledge and skills we learned from school, we were prepared, expectations were met and more opportunities came. Our future was secured but it was not given to us in an easy way.

Soon our parents retired from plowing the rice field. We were able to open a small family business, which they managed and we were able to buy a small lot and was able to build a new home. We were able to provide them with their everyday necessities and more. Truly, parents know best, they just want what is right for you, at first it may seem improper, but as you mature, you will learn to appreciate their guidance and love.

We started as a regular employee, never mind of work sometimes without overtime.  All we know if to make our employers happy and the blessings will come in the future.  Maybe not during our employer’s time but in God’s time.  We all became successful in each other’s career.  We became managers, in in a short period of time, became business owners.  Out of goodness that came from this hardwork, we start our own business without any funds supported from our parents.  Because we believe that their duty to send us to the best schools is already enough.  Our time to plant our own seed with our own strength/pockets already started Day 1 of our first job as employee.

I hope that we all learn from this true story of my life, our family.  We were lucky we have the humblest parents we can have.  Over the years, we became successful Manager’s of our own life and business following the footsteps of our parents.  Live humbly and simply.  Sometimes our life can start with nothing, but through hardwork, the Home one first lived from the Construction Tube to the biggest Mansion in our Subdivision.  Top with loving neighbors who made our own family as an inspiration of their own.

It is very important that we are loved by our good attitude by our own friends, family, and neighbors.  One will never stab one’s back.  One would see if we are really loved is when we feel that they are not after our own money.  Be careful with treating other people with fear, because in fear, people will follow because of how much you help them in terms of finances.  But one day, when one is old and sick, no one give love and  help us if we give them reasons to hate us back.  Pity are those who follow one’s command because of the money one is giving or paying.  Lucky are those who found co-workers, friends, and family work and give respect to one another.  These are far more treasures than Gold, our real family weather we have none or we have more.

© 2014 Selena Miles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on October 30, 2014
Last Updated on October 30, 2014
Tags: iam, group, limited, ltd, iam group limited, iam group ltd, iam group ltd japan, iam group japan, iam group ltd yokohama, iam group yokohama, middle managers

Author

Selena Miles
Selena Miles

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I am a consultant. more..