Freedom and what's beyond

Freedom and what's beyond

A Chapter by Saddam Abu Ghaida

     I keep asking myself “is there any clear definition of freedom ,what does it mean to be free , what is the difference between being free and being slave, and is it conceptual or artificial reality ”. So many questions kept storming in my head from the very beginning of my childhood until now, still no clues. When I feel that I’m close, I found myself beyond far from the nearest answer. We always say that “we are free”, but have we ever stop for a second to analyze the fact of being free. Is there any accommodative responsibilities toward the fact of being free or any type of obligation toward the word of being free, I think not. At least until we reach a time we start asking about the validity of everything around. That means after our brains start to evolve and take a shape. Here I will discuss my thoughts about freedom. I hope by witting it; I will reach for better understanding.

 

     Freedom means no restrains no chains against everything around. This is the absolute freedom that we can reach. Otherwise it will be calculated as a percentage of the absolute freedom. Maybe it will be facilitated to streams like “freedom of speech, society freedom, religion freedom, political freedom… etc.   ”, but if we believed in the unity of the Ideas, like we all believed in the unity of the human body. Will it change anything? How could we apply the idea of freedom in a society who is overwhelmed and saturated with slaves and slavery concepts? As I write I remember MARQUIS DE SADE, and about his thoughts that we should hear the calling of our desires and deep instincts, and fulfill them to reach the maximum satisfaction.

 

       What I propose in this article is not a solution, nor definition, but a food for the mind. Personality I took my share from contradictory understanding of being free, and how does it radically alter human’s behavior. The word that we are discussing is so effective and dangerous at the same time. I will include a couple of examples from my own experience just to make a point; Taking into consideration that I don’t like to share my problems with others.

 

      When I was small boy or ignorant in a way , I  used to do whatever I want, and when somebody asks me why did you do it, my answer was I’m free; Taking into consideration that I didn’t know what “being free” means at that time. But when I used to steal from my father because he didn’t give me money for reasons I discovered lately, I was doing it while being afraid of the consequences , and I always try to find a valid explanation why did I do this. The funny thing about it the explanation has nothing to do with me being free. So for some reason my arguments were always changing based on the intensity of consequence. Funny isn’t it.

 

       During my teenage the concept of freedom took a radical change to reach unethical and careless point such as hanging out wearing only my underwear, smoking ,drinking, fighting with every one, and just to cut the chase freedom representation was all about anger and violence, I did whatever you could dream about and the things that nobody believed that it could be done; without paying much attention to the consequences which follows, and when somebody of my friends or anybody else asks me why do you do that, the answer always I’m free. Strangely enough that people start to surround me like flies and during that time I had a lot of friends everywhere.  People loved my personality because I was the manifestation of freedom in their eyes, and they always wanted to get closer to me in a way or another. During that time I stopped believing in anything which has something to do with religion, God, and divine power, because I didn’t need to. I stopped believing and the only thing I believed in IS ME. I grow up being more radical as the days passed by. Then my father died. I wasn’t affected by his death at all, but I was affected by the way he died.

 

       I discovered that there is couple of things you can’t be free from them, and I just went back and time and started remembering Foust and Gilgamesh. It sounded pretty funny that I read those novels so many times long time ago and didn’t think about what do they represent. I saw that there is no absolute freedom. This thing doesn’t exist, and the only place where it does exist is in our dreams and imaginations. Everybody will die, and everybody get sick, everybody will face the consequences of his actions at some point of time. I started look around in more details about freedom phenomena, and what does it represent in every individual of the society. What I found is pretty shocking fact, and the fact is everybody is slave, and they altered the enslavement definition to represent the phenomena of freedom in their own illusions. I found that some people are slaves to money, others to power, others to people, others to their own instincts. And when you communicate to them they will say we are free, So I made a small modification to freedom definition by adding the enslavement factor of being free, and you know what is funny that some people is being enslaved to the idea of freedom.

 

       It’s not the end. I used to be married and I had a child one year ago. And my wife runaway for some reasons which I’m not aware of, so when I think about it I believe that she runaway out of her own freewill, and decided the future of her me and our child by her own freewill also, and she decided that I will never be able to find her nor to find our daughter out of her own freewill, and she did this because it is better for us. I know deep down inside that this thing happened for some reasoning that I’m not aware of, and even if I found 1 million reason to explain or to justify why she did this; they will mean nothing unless somebody confirmed it. 

 

I loved my wife and I assume that she loved me out of her free will, and I assume that I tried my best to make her happy, apparently it wasn’t enough. So once again I altered the definition of being free and add another factor which is called maturity.

 

Based on before we could say that being free has two factors enslavement and maturity, and because of this you will not find one standard definition for being free unless you are pretty fantasized by philosophical theories from Plato to Spinoza and Nietzsche.

 

Religions came and stopped this kind of thoughts for whom he believes, by saying we gave you mind and heart , and its upon you to choose to obey by being totally slave to god and his will or choose to rebel against it. Either way it eliminates the absolution in the concept of being free.

 

when you choose to be god’s slave you will be free from any other enslavements, or when you choose to be a rebel you will be slave for something else, it’s up to you to decide my friend so don’t follow my footsteps to discover concepts which should be taken for granted 

 



© 2012 Saddam Abu Ghaida


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: Culture, Free will, Freedom, Philosophy, society


Author

Saddam Abu Ghaida
Saddam Abu Ghaida

Athens, Atikka, Greece



About
the end of agony and suffering the end of nightmares no more nauseating pain no more endless stairs our souls went on slumber where time stopped where flowers started blossoming filth and gore l.. more..

Writing