Dreams Reveal

Dreams Reveal

A Chapter by ~Shadow Kissed~
"

Allison has a bad dream that helps her recover some of her memory.

"
With my questions came no answers, and the more I asked myself the more frustrated I became. Who am I? No scratch that. Who was I? After all that has recently happened to me I knew I would never be the same person again. Still it would be nice to know my past.

Oh, another question I couldn't answer. What was going on with me? Sometimes it seemed like I wasn't even completely human. The most present question in my mind was what in the world caused me to loose me memory? I mean waking up in the woods! My clothes are shredded, and in the middle of no where no less! Jeez, something happened to me and I want to know what it was. Mentally shaking myself I decided to check into a motel.

The front desk lady was a short pretty brunette, with a welcoming smile. She gave me my room key after I had done the necessary things to acquire one and pointed me to the elevator. Once I was in my room I locked the door and decided to plan. I f I was going all the way to Colorado I was going to need a plan but first I needed some stuff. My possessions at current consisted of some ill fitting old lady clothes and about five hundred and fifty dollars. I didn't even have a toothbrush! List, I needed a list. Okay, so lets see, a toothbrush, hairbrush, clothes, and shoes. Then once I had those I would need to find a way to Colorado. The closer I got to my destination the more my instincts told me I was going the right way.

In the morning I went to the gas station across the street. Browsing the shelves for a toothbrush I smelled something. It's a gas station, so obviously I smelled a lot of things, but this was different. As soon as my nose picked up the sent it got stronger. Even if I didn't have my memory I knew this sent was foreign. It was a woodsy smell. Pine, cold clean air, and male musk. The bad thing is having never smelt it before, it was intimatley familiar. Almost like it was my sent minus the musk. Acting on impulse I followed my nose, and came to a dead end. The sent led to a parking lot where the man had obviously driven away. This made me really sad for no reason I could discern. Then I came to my senses, what in the world was I doing following some unknown sent. I mean really what normal person does that. I was far from normal, but still. And what was up with the way that sent made me feel, it was just a smell!

Reentering the store I finished my shopping then headed back to my hotel. In the end after going over, and over the event I decided I was crazy. I mean I wake up not remember what happened to me, Then I rush into traffic like a sucidal person, and rescue this little boy. To top it all off I have a strange reaction to a smell at a gas station! I was crazy, and that was that.
With nothing else to do I went to sleep.

I dreamed I was running. He was going to find me no matter where I went but I couldn't stop running. The woods were thick and the roots were tripping me. Every fall scratched me skin. I had to get back up, and keep going. It was dark and hard to see. Then the storm started wind blowing my hair into my face. Obscuring my vision. The rain came down in sheets stinging my cold, numb, skin. Finally I came to a clearing and......

I woke up cold, clammy and screaming. I was frightened beyond belief. I knew that wasn't just a dream, it was a memory. Calming myself down I looked at the memory logically. Who is He? Why was I running from him? At least I now knew why I was in the woods, I was running. The knowledge didn't make me feel any better. Who was this mysterious man, and why was he after me. Then I had a truly chilling thought. Is he still after me?


© 2009 ~Shadow Kissed~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Huh...the dream was an interesting bit to the end. I like the randomness of the roads she chose--pick a path and go =D.

However, the chapters are sort of boring--she walks, she sees a house, she walks, she gets to a town, she walks, she gets on a bus, she goes shopping--why not go into just a teeny detail? Plus I don't get the scent part--I hope that gets explained. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ok firstly ive noticed sometimes you have written me instead of my (sorry i cant remember where exactly). secondly it needs more detail. explain the scent (oh and you dont know the driver is a man), explain how the shop looked and maby how much mony you have left adding that detail could make the reader wonder if the charictor will have enough mony to get to there destination. finaly how did the sadness feel (dont say "well sad duh") did it feel like she lost someone she loved or had she got her hopes up and then been let down little clues like that can make the reader beg for more. good job though.

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice job on this I think you done a wonderful job on what you've done so far... keep up the great writes!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great Job!! The story is definitely progressing... Who is after her? And perhaps, more importantly, why??

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Huh...the dream was an interesting bit to the end. I like the randomness of the roads she chose--pick a path and go =D.

However, the chapters are sort of boring--she walks, she sees a house, she walks, she gets to a town, she walks, she gets on a bus, she goes shopping--why not go into just a teeny detail? Plus I don't get the scent part--I hope that gets explained. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2009
Last Updated on August 4, 2009


Author

~Shadow Kissed~
~Shadow Kissed~

Waverly, TN



About
My name is Amber. I'm now 16 and ready to take on the world. I'm an avid reader and a bad speller so forgive me. I spend my time with a book in my hand dictonary beside me, and pen and paper within re.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~Shadow Kissed~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..