Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by ~Shadow Kissed~

     We were directed to room 102 by the nurse with instructions not to wake her.  I couldn't controld the tears that flowed down my cheeks.  Her parents stood beside me, her dad holding her mom while she wept.  I struggled to stop crying, my silent tears weren't doing me any good.

     I looked down at her on the bed, she had been beaten brutally.  Her face was so swollen she was unrecognizable, her arm was broken in two different places, her shin had been shattered, five broken ribs, a punctured lung, a bruised kidney, some internal bleeding, a broken femur, and bruises covering her whole body.

     What the doctors didn't find were the bite marks, those healed first.  Then the worst, life threatening wounds would heal, then minor cuts and bruises would eventually disappear.  I sat down in one of the chairs by the bed and put my head in my hands, this was all my fault.  I had allowed this to happen, i should have known.  The tears started again and I was helpless aganist them.

     Eventually the nurse cam in and told us visiting hours were over.  Her parents hugged me goodbye, and I stood in the lobby waiting for Katie.  She cam around the corner looking hassled.

     "If i get caugh i will loose my job,"  she told me looking down at the floor.

     "You won't get caught and if you do i will take care of it," I told her.  She nodded and led me back to the room.

     "I fixed the spare bed for you, and here is the key so you can get out before the morning shift comes in," she said and handed me the key.  I took it and thanked her.  The bed was small and smelled like anitseptic, but i wasn't complaining.  I pulled the sheets down and climbed in.  I curled up and fell asleep thinking about all the things that could have gone different.

 

    



© 2011 ~Shadow Kissed~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
Added on May 26, 2011
Last Updated on May 26, 2011


Author

~Shadow Kissed~
~Shadow Kissed~

Waverly, TN



About
My name is Amber. I'm now 16 and ready to take on the world. I'm an avid reader and a bad speller so forgive me. I spend my time with a book in my hand dictonary beside me, and pen and paper within re.. more..

Writing