Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
18: Spring Break Part 2

18: Spring Break Part 2

A Chapter by Mikey S.
"

The Crew continue their game of volleyball against the college students to stay on the beach while Tom and Michael try to help Drake confess his feelings for Andrew.

"
Dockweiler Beach:
Sarah knocks the ball into the air and Kyle spikes it scoring the team their second point.

Tom: Here is your chance Drake. Tell Andy.
Drake(nervous): I can’t. In my dream I told him how I felt and everything went silent.
Tom: Heh, Maybe that’s a sign that you shouldn’t tell him then.
Drake(nervous/panicked): What!?
Tom(smile): I’m just messing with ya. (shoving Drake) Go on.

Drake slowly approaches Andrew and is cut off by Kim and Tim.

Kim: Hey Drake, do ya…
Tim: Think we will win?
Drake: Yeah.

Drake looks back at Tom. Tom shrugs.
A college student spikes the ball down to the sand. Michael attempts to intersect but misses and the ball lands. Elliott serves the ball sending it to the other side of the net. The college students return the ball. Michael intersects hitting the ball over to Sarah. Sarah hit’s the ball up for Kyle but a college student intersects before Kyle can knock the ball into the sand.

Kyle: They already caught up.
Richard: This may be tougher than we thought.

Over on the sidelines: A crowd of people start to form.

Courtney: It’s like they’re predicting out every move.
Mark: More like they let us score to see how we play.
Dakota: Why would they do that?
Mark: Seeing how we play would let them know who would try to support who and evaluate strengths. Right now Stella, Richard and Elliott are on the right side of the field so they would support each other. It’s the same for Mike, Kyle and Sarah but in vice versa.
Savannah: So they know what we are gonna do before we can act.

The college students score an additional two times while the Crew only scores one time leaving the score 3 to 4. The Crew becomes tired.

Michael W.(panting): They keep getting us.
Stella(panting): One more point and they win.
Kyle(panting): Keep together. We can win this.
College Student 1: Ready to give up yet?
Sarah(panting): As if.
College Student 2: Alright we gave you a chance. You’ll just have to face defeat.

A college student hits the ball over the net and for Elliott. Elliott knocks the ball forward to Richard and he hits it over to Sarah. Sarah hits the ball up and Kyle spikes the ball into an open area.

College Student 2: They mixed it up.
College Student 1: It doesn’t matter. They won’t be able to do it again.

Over on the sidelines. The crowd around the game becomes packed with people watching in excitement.

Dakota: This is really close.
Courtney: The suspense is killing me.
Kim & Tim: You’re in the Drama Club! How can you feel suspense!?
Tom(looking around): When did this crowd get here?
Marie(shout): You guys can win!

A college student serves the ball sending it over the net. The Crew and college students return the ball back and forth becoming further exhausted. The ball is blown to the back of the Crew’s side of the field. Michael intersects knocking the ball over to Elliott. Elliott hit’s the ball over to Sarah and she hits it over to Richard. Richard hit’s the ball up and Stella spikes it. The ball flies to the back of the college students side of the field where one of the students intersects hitting the ball up onto the net. The ball toddles back and forth between the Crew and the college students. The ball eventually falls onto the college student’s side of the field.
Everyone in the crowd cheers.

The Crew(excited/shout): They won!

The college students approach the Crew.

College Student 1: Congratulates on that final play. Well as promised we will leave. (hold out hand)

Stella shakes the hand of the student. The crowd dis burst and night falls. The Crew rent out four rooms at a hotel and spends the night. Tom, Andrew, Michael, Drake and Dakota share a room.

Dockweiler Beach: Hotel Hallway
Michael W.: So what’s your next plan Tom?
Tom(confused): Eh?
Drake: Kim and Tim got to me before I could get to Andy. You must have a second plan Tommy.
Tom: I’m surprised you still want to continue Drake. (think) I hope he doesn’t hate me for this. Oh well (talk) Drake, you and I will go down to the lobby. While we go down, Mike get Andy to come to the lobby. I doubt he is asleep at this time.
Michael W.: Roger.
Tom: When Andy arrives, I will leave you two alone and that’s when you confess your love for him. It’s a simple plan and I can finally get some rest after this. (joking) Then you two can start you love story, eat, drink and get married.
Drake(smile/punch Tom): Shut up jerk.

A door opens and Marie’s head pops out.

Marie: Can you guys keep it down?
Tom, Michael W. & Drake: Sorry

Dockweiler Beach: Hotel Room
Michael enters the room to find Andrew asleep and Dakota setting up the whip cream prank on him.

Michael W.: Seriously, he’s asleep? Where’d you get the whip cream from?
Dakota: I brought it along just in case.
Michael W.(quietly laugh): You planned this?
Dakota: Are you gonna help?

Dockweiler Beach: Hotel Lobby
Drake(panicked): How should I go about saying this? What if he hates me? I can’t do this.
Tom(sitting in chair/laugh): You’re panicking over nothing. He won’t hate you over nothing.
Drake(hyped up): Nothing? This entire situation is pretty much taboo. That’s a whole lot of something rather than nothing.

Tom laughs. Footsteps come from down the hall.

Drake(panicked): He’s coming!

Michael enters the lobby laughing.

Tom & Drake(surprised): Mike?
Michael W.(dying from laughter): You guys missed it. Andy was sleeping and Dakota and I…
Drake(interrupting Michael): He’s asleep?
Tom: Whoa! Bad luck I guess. We might as well go back to the room them.

Drake groans.

Dockweiler Beach: Boardwalk- Next Day
The Crew spends the final day venturing around the boardwalk. Drake yawn and is approached by Marie, Stella and Sarah.

Stella: What time did you fall asleep last night?
Drake(tired): Around two or three.
Sarah: Depressed your boyfriend didn’t show up last night?
Drake: What?
Marie: We were all minding out own business and heard you, Tom and Mike in the hall last night.
Stella: You know you shouldn’t have a meeting in a hall for everyone to hear.
Drake(mad): Liars! You all were eavesdropping weren’t you?
Sarah: No idea what you’re talking about.

Marie, Stella and Sarah speed away from Drake. The rest of the day blows by and Daisy returns everyone home to Lakeside. Andrew and Dakota are the last to be dropped off.

Andrew’s House: Exterior Front
Tom: Well the past two days were fun. 

Tom pushes Drake forward and he pretends to fall.

Andrew: You ok?
Drake(stands tall/glare at Tom): Never better. (look forward to Andrew/nervous) Andy… (hand Andrew a wrapped object) I got this for you while we were on the boardwalk.

Andrew takes the object and unwraps it revealing a small dolphin statue.

Andrew: You didn’t have to get me anything.
Drake: I wanted to because… I really like you.

A moment of silence falls upon the boys.

Andrew: Thanks, I think you’re interesting too. See you later.
Drake: Ok, bye.

Drake leaves.

Tom: Andy, you know what he meant right?
Andrew: Yeah, he was just kidding about that.
Tom(confused): ??? Ok Seya later.

Tom leaves and the front door opens with Dakota there.

Dakota: You’re an idiot.

Tom’s House: Tom’s Room
Stella: It’s about time you told him how you felt. So how did he take it?
Drake(extremely happy): Awesomely. We could have a possible future together.
Tom: Yeah… I don’t think so.
Drake & Stella: Eh?
Tom: He told me he thought you were messing with him.
Stella(laugh): HAHAHA, I knew it was too good to be true.

Drake becomes curled up into a ball and turned to stone on Tom’s bed.

Drake(depressed): Why?
Tom: I did say he wasn’t the same way.
Drake(depressed): Life sucks.
Stella: I’m going to bed now. Good luck with sad sack here.

Stella exits.

Tom(cry): No! Don’t leave me here with depressed Drake!

Tom’s House: Living Room- Next Day
Drake(still depressed): Even when I was six and my cat died. My mom said everything would be ok. You remember that don’t you Tommy?
Tom(drowsy): Yes Drake, I remember.
Drake(depressed): Everyone just lies, telling you what you want to hear.
Tom(drowsy): Yeah Drake, no one can be trusted.

Stella wakes up.

Stella: Morning guys.
Tom(drowsy)/Drake(depressed): Morning Stella.
Stella: You guys look as if you have been up all night.
Tom(drowsy): We have. Whenever Drake is depressed he talks about his problems. Past and new.
Stella: He’s still going on about that?
Drake(depressed): I’ve just decided to give up on Andy. He just hurts me in the end.

The doorbell rings. Stella answers letting Andrew, Michael and Dakota in.

Michael W.: Morning everyone.
Tom(drowsy): Hi guys.
Dakota(hugging Stella): It’s nice to see you again Stella.
Stella: It’s nice seeing you too Dakota.
Dakota(still hugging Stella/happy): You remembered my name.
Andrew: So that’s why you came.
Dakota: Ignore him.
Michael W.: Hey Tom, Drake, why do you guys look so tired?
Drake(depressed): It was a long night.
Michael W.: That’s a real shame. We were suppose to go to town today.
Drake(depressed): That’s a real shame.
Andrew: It won’t be as much fun without you guys there.
Drake(calm): Really?
Andrew: Yeah.
Drake(love struck/fun of energy): Who said we were out of it today? Come on Tommy, let’s prove them wrong.

Tom doesn’t answer and attention is shifted toward him.

Drake: What the heck?
Dakota: He’s asleep.
Stella: Time finally caught up to him.

Michael attempts to wake Tom up but fails.

Michael W.: It’s no use. He’s knocked out.
Andrew: I wonder what kept him up all night.
Stella(taunting Drake): Yes, What could have?
Drake(guilty): It’s a mystery. Let’s let him sleep.

Tom laughs in his sleep and Stella takes a picture.

Stella: Now we can.
Drake: That’s brutal.

Everyone laughs.


© 2010 Mikey S.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on August 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 28, 2010


Author

Mikey S.
Mikey S.

MD



About
What's up all? I've been writing since I was 12 starting with short stories and thus far they have been my best forms of work. I do a bit of poetry from time to time but it's sometimes rare for me.. more..

Writing
1: First Day 1: First Day

A Chapter by Mikey S.