Living a lie.

Living a lie.

A Chapter by Every1s_psychotic_vampyre_friend
"

Andrea tries her best to live with her father, even with the knowledge of him murdering her mother..

"

I woke up with a startling scream. Tears already filled my eyes before I could wipe away my cold sweat. "It was just a dream.. Its over now.." Is what I told myself over and over.

Glancing to the small clock on my bedside table I realized I slept through my alarm. Great, late again. I sighed and climbed out of bed, wiping away my tears and getting dressed as fast as I could. Noticing a small clatter of pans from the kitchen, I quickly zipped up my boots and went to find out who was here. Dad shouldn't be awake.. I thought. He's usually too drunk.

I pushed my door open slowly and stepped out of my room, looking around at all the boxes. "What the.." I made my way to the kitchen and saw my father slouched over the counter a beer in his hand. "Typical," I muttered and went to grab a pop tart.

He watched me with hateful eyes and waited till I sat down before he stated, "Andrea, we're moving." Only slurring his words a little.

"What!?" I manage to choke out, swallowing the bits of pop tart that got caught in my throat.

"You heard me. Now go pack. We're leaving tomorrow." He grinned, making me shiver at the reminder of my dream. Or should I say nightmare?

"You can't do this to me!" I shouted, getting to my feet. "You can't just decide this for me. This isn't fair! I won't go!"

"You will and you'll like it!" He shouted back, his anger easily shown. "You still live under my roof and what I say goes! Now go to your room and pack before I get out my belt!" He threatened, clearly serious.

"Ugh! I hate you!" I screamed, stomping to my room like a child. I'm almost eighteen. He can't do this. Sitting on bed, staring at nothing in particular, I started to think.

What did I have to lose? Friends? No. I haven't made any real friends while I've been here. Sure there were a few kids at school I hung out with, but I couldn't truly call them friends. Family? No. He's the only family I have left. I never met my mother grandparents, or any of her relatives for that matter, and my father parents died years ago. Or so he claims.

My dream was still fresh in my mind. The scary thing is, it was real. My mother did die by my fathers hands. But he played it off as someone else who killed her, leaving me with his dirty secret and no one to turn to. Sure I could have turned him in, but I was six at the time. What would I have said? Excuse me mister police man, I saw my daddy cut my mommy and now she won't wake up? No, they wouldn't have believed me. Not with him hovering at my side, making sure I didn't say anything against him. I'll admit it, he scarred the living s**t out of me. But besides that, where would it have left me? His next victim?

A shiver brought me back to reality. What was I to do? What could I do? I could stay and let my father control and ruin my life. Or.. I could run away. Get away from him, my horrible nightmares and my miserable life.

I jumped up, almost tripping over my own feet. I began to pack clothes into a small book bag, hurrying so I didn't have a chance to change my mind. My window opened with a small creak and I waited to see if I was heard, before easily climbing out.

The wind blew around me peacefully lifting the pretty colored leaves around my feet as I walked. I tried not to think too much as I walked down the long winding roads, knowing I'd surely change my mind and admit I'd made a huge mistake. I forced myself to walk on until I couldn't recognize the street names or buildings.

My legs went numb and I finally started to slow down. Though it was no use, I was lost now and the day had shifted to night. My eyes scanned the streets and buildings, noticing they were all broken and abandoned, leaving an ere silence. My eyes stopped on a building that oddly reminded my of myself. Still standing, looking horrible and out of place, and broken.

Was I broken? My dreams would say so but.. But I didn't feel broken. Sure my life was broken.. The only person who ever showed love to me was taken away from me.. Leaving me with that very person who murdered her. I had no friends.. No family.. The only thing that reminds me I'm still alive are the very nightmares that continue to tear me apart. It's true.. I am broken.

Blind rage filled me as I stared at that building, so badly wanting it to crumble into a million pieces. My rage controlled me, moving me towards the abandoned building, my hands suddenly very hot. As I stood staring up at the building I realized just how hot my hands were. Taking a quick moment to glance at my hands, I gasped in shock at what I saw.

A silver glow had surrounded them, moving with obvious excitement. It looked like..Fire. My hands were on fire? "That's not possible.." I mumbled in disbelief. I examined my hands further and knew they were in fact on fire. But silver fire?

A smirk pulled at the corners of my lips as a reckless thought came to my mind. I walked up to the building, planting my hand on the door, watching as the silver glow sparked and spread. "Burn.." I whispered the single word and then before I knew what I had said, spirals of silver flames shot out of my hand, wrapping themselves around the building. I stepped back, my eyes wide with amusement and fear.

What have I done? I watched the silver flames spreading, burning everything as I commanded. It looked beautiful and yet so very dangerous. I continued to back away, confused and afraid. Should I run?

Bright headlights beamed in my direction as a large black truck turned the corner. I screamed loudly and closed my eyes as the truck skidded to a stop. I winced expecting to be crushed. I breathed and opened my eyes glaring at the driver even though I couldn't see them.

"What the f**k!" I screamed, slamming my still flaming hands onto the hood of the truck. "You almost killed me a*s hole!"

Fear settled in me as the drivers door creaked open. I froze, watching the driver step out and look at me with piercing emerald eyes. My heart sputtered a bit as he gave me a small crooked smile. His eyes looked amused as he shut the door with a small thud.

He walked around his truck as I looked him over. Short dark brown hair that fell into his gorgeous eyes, tall but not too tall, and boy was he something. Tight shirt, showing off his perfect body and somewhat baggy pants that weren't unattractively showing his a*s. He didn't look a day over twenty. He seemed to notice my inspection and made a little of his own.

His eyes roamed down my body causing an involuntary shiver. I wore a pair of black jean shorts and a strapless red shirt that clung to my chest, though that was hidden by the over sized black hoodie that I also wore. My eyes normally blue were now pure silver, my skin rather pale and my hair long and black as night. I knew I didn't compare to him in the least, but the way he looked at me said differently. I probably looked cold if it weren't for the heat radiating off my body and hands.

I hadn't noticed when he stepped in front of me, my back now against the truck with him stepping dangerously close. My eyes locked with his and his smirked seemed to grow as he placed both his hands on mine, still on the hood of his truck. I realized I was cornered but the strange tingling coolness of his touch distracted me.

"Mm.. Now what did you call me?" His voice was soft, beautiful and almost mesmerizing.

I felt my anger return to me and I straightened up before answering, "You heard me."

His smirk faded a bit but his eyes flared with amusement. "No, I don't think I did."

"Well then maybe you need to invest in a hearing aid." I snapped rudely.

The coolness of his hands intensified as he gripped my hands tighter. His eyes buried into mine for a long moment before he calmly asked, "What's your name?"

I paused, wondering if I should tell him or not. Then I thought, What the hell. I'm already running away.. "Andrea." I answered, my voice becoming velvety smooth. "Yours?"

His curiosity peeked again as my voice changed. He smirked "Blake. Axl Blake."

"Well, Axl." I started with a glare. "Would you mind stepping back before I seriously hurt you." I turned my head a bit, nodding to his hands. I waited, though his attention was focused on my hair as it swayed out of place, covering my face and neck.

One of his hands left mine to brush my hair back behind me ear, his eyes locked with mine at that instant and he drew his fingertips down the curve of my neck. Another involuntary shiver made him chuckle. "Of course." He smiled stepping away. My hands warmed as soon as his left mine.

Before I could react I heard sirens in the distant. My eyes went wide as I turned my attention back to the forgotten burning building. "S**t!" I exclaimed, his eyes following mine.

"Wow." Was all he said as lights flashed and a police car sped down the street. "Well I should go now. Don't want to get involved." He smirked again and moved back over to me quickly. His cold hand lifted my chin as his lips brushed against mine. I gasped at the coolness of his lips then he was gone. I nearly jumped at the sound of his engine roaring to life, before it disappeared behind me.

A*s hole..

I stood there confused, staring at the burning house as three police cars stopped in a short distance of me. "Hold it right there!" One yelled, his door open and a gun pointed at my head.

"S**t.." I repeated, holding my hands up slowly.

~*~

The ride home in the back of the police car was not fun in the least. Each officer took turns lecturing me about how I could have hurt someone, how I could have hurt myself, and what if someone had been in that house? Blah blah blah..

It was when we pulled up to my small ugly yellow house that I was afraid the most. My father wasn't the nicest guy in the world, obviously, but he always played the worried dad bit a little to well. That wasn't the worst part though. I was when he made the radical change from caring loving father to cold hearted murderer that scared me.

Even with my new found power I didn't feel ready for this. Officer Carter opened my door, giving me the were-giving-you-a-break-this-time kind of look. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him as I stepped out, debating whether or not to run. But before I'd even finished that thought the Officer had a firm grip on my shoulder, nudging me towards the house.

I sighed and walked up to my front porch in time for my father to open the door, a fake surprised expression on his face. "Oh my god, Andrea!" He exclaimed quickly and pulled me into a hug, which had me instantly cringing. I could smell the whiskey on him as he struggled not to slur his words. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened?" He mumbled on before Officer Carter raised his hand to quiet him.

"She's fine Mr.Flint. No need to worry."

"Please, call me Rex." He said smiling kindly at the officer.

"Well, Rex," He started calmly, falling for my fathers act. "Your daughter has set fire to one of the old abandoned houses in downtown." Seeing the anger start to seep back into my fathers eyes the Officer went on. "Now before you ask, no one was hurt. The building was scheduled for demolition already, so we're giving her a break."

My father just sighed a bit, looking pleased as he nodded at the Officer. "Thank you so much Officer. We're moving tomorrow so I'll be keeping an eye on her until then."

I watched my father and Officer carter talk, not really listening to anything they were saying. Seeing my father laugh and smile was something as rare as an eclipse. For a moment I believed it was the real him. I believed that he could be caring a loving like a father should be but his act didn't fool me as I remembered my most recent dream. I tensed, knowing that someone who could murderer his own wife could not be caring or loving.

Sensing me tense, my father gripped my shoulder, almost breaking the skin with his nails. I clenched my teeth as they said their goodbyes. Officer carter nodded to me, told me to stay out of trouble, and left.

We listened to the car drive away and suddenly I was afraid again. I looked up at my fathers face, peaceful and calm until he looked down at me. his was twisted in anger, his brows formed a hard line and a grin fought to replace his clenched teeth. He let go of my shoulder then slapped me across the face.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" He shouted as I whirled around and caught the counter, my face hot. He stepped forward, not giving me time to answer before he grabbed a hold of my hair. As he yanked back I let out a small scream, falling to the floor. Two emotions surged in me, fear and rage. Right now fear was winning.

"I didn't-"

"Shut up!" Another slap had me tasting my own blood. I felt the slight burn of the cut on the inside of my lip and decided to keep quiet. He pulled me back to my feet, ripping out some of my hair in the process. He shoved me into the counter and I let out a small gasp as the edge jammed into my gut. His hand reached past me and he grabbed a knife. My eyes went wide but I dare not move.

"Please.." I pleaded.

"What did I just say?" He asked pushing my head down onto the counter. He began to pull at my hoodie, cutting through the thin fabric, making small cuts into my back. I winced but still didn't move, wishing that I could somehow regain control of those odd silver flames and defend myself. But I had no such luck.

It was when my back was completely bare that I began to panic. I heard him chuckle darkly and unbuckle his belt, folding it up. "Ready for this you little b***h?" He asked cruelly, again not giving me time to answer before his belt made contact with my back. I screamed out in pain as I felt my back burning and no doubt swelling. My screams only giving him pleasure and making him continue.

After several more whips of his belt I could feel the blood dripping down my back. He seemed to slow and tire, tossing his belt to the side and grabbing another handful of my hair. I was forced to my knees and watched him handle the knife, probably debating whether to cut me or not.

My fear began to fade as flashes of my dying mother filled my head. Rage took over and suddenly blurted out, "Going to kill me like you did mom?"

That stunned him, but not nearly long enough. He slapped me hard across the face, blood now dripping from the fresh cut on my lip. "Don't you ever bring that up again!" he screamed outraged.

"Why?!" I screamed back. "I know you loved killing her! I saw your face. What makes me any different from her!?" I don't know why tears had started to form in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away before they had the chance to leak over.

"Go to your room." He said letting go of my hair and pushing me forward.

I looked up at him, still angry. "Why didn't you kill me that night?" I asked watching him glare and grip the knife tighter as a grin made its way onto his face.

I got up slowly and he chuckled. "One murder I could get away with, but two? I didn't want to test my luck. It was easy for me to make the police believe someone had kill that demon you call a mother, but a five year old little girl? That would have been difficult."

"I was six.." I said through clenched teeth.

"Like it matters. Your alive aren't you? You should be worshiping me, then maybe I won't kill you one day." He grinned viciously.

"As if.." I glared, my knuckles turning white as I walked away from him. I locked the door to my room and finally let my tears flow, sinking down to the floor in front of my door.



© 2009 Every1s_psychotic_vampyre_friend


Author's Note

Every1s_psychotic_vampyre_friend
Done. I think =P Comments appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have my attention

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is one of my favorites buddi! and considering that of written just about everything youve ever wrote that is a compliment. il l definitly keep reading it so you have to keep writing! ;]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very intense, i loved it. Very creative. Nice descprition.

Posted 14 Years Ago


omg this is freaking intense. poor andrea; her dad is such an a*s! that's got to be so scary. once again, well worded. i'm so excited for more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have the privilege to be somewhat involved in the creation process of a small bit of this chapter, so, I am so happy that it worked out so well! I feel Andrea is just discovering her powers, so I'm pleased to see them already working so well! This bodes for the future chapters of this story. How powerful will she get? and how controlled? Also, the guy who shows up, Axl, is awesomely written in. I want to know how he's going to be involved with Andrea! Her father, i'm sorry to say, must die for the deeds he has done. If he's not careful, Andrea could accidentally, or "accidentally" set him on fire.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dun Dun duhhh! :D I love this, and you were upset while writing it weren't you? (I can tell) Hmmm. I'm curious to see how this is going to end, what little twist will my sister put into it. I have no idea, vampires maybe? or maybe something completely different that will throw me off? or maybe neither...hmmm I'll be back for more :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Every1s_psychotic_vampyre_friend
Every1s_psychotic_vampyre_friend

J-town, NY



About
Hey my names Amber. I live in a small boring town in New York. Not New York city.. Just New York.. Anyways. Im a rocker girl. =] So I go see a lot of concerts and I happen to write in my free time. T.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..