Avatar

Avatar

A Poem by shallimarRose
"

observing

"


Avatar


he saw her picture there

glistening like a diamond

her beauty was undeniable

but words were unreliable

a counterfeit image

of synthetic dreams

and simulated promises

that pretended to be love

and he believed every word as truth

till the day he awoke to find her gone

the graying hairs on the pillow beside him

told a different story

and so he moved on


2012 bj smith

aka shallimarRose

© 2012 shallimarRose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this...the world is changing. People are having complete relationships in the infinite abyss of cyberspace, never really knowing the touch of skin or the reality behind the "mask", as it were. I had a friend who had a relationship like this, and much like your piece, one day, her love just up and vanished--profile deleted, all existence erased. It is a sad truth, and one that seems to be happening much more often. Still, some of these relationships actually do work...who am I to judge. Well done write, my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ba_mcfarlane

10 Years Ago

It is the net, cruise at your own risk cause the crazies can be whoever whatever out here in the ree.. read more
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

So true Brian.. so true... But so many are blinded by loneliness. I think they want to believe..
ba_mcfarlane

10 Years Ago

And some are voyeurs, and worse. They want to get in and mosey around in your life without ever offe.. read more



Reviews

Documentation
4/5/18
4:13 PM U.S. CST
"My Review of Avatar by shalimarRose, a Fellow Writer's Cafe Author"
by PB Jacobs (www.writerscafe.org)

Hey!

Well, from what you are writing, dude didn't look at the big picture of who his lover really was. Dude must have been thinking with his you know what, and when he got sick of you know whatting her, she split, in favor of a new life experience chapter. Yeah, your poem kinda goes one way, and kind of another. It depends on what you are thinking, and what's on your mind, I guess. Me, I'd cover my a*s to the hilt and know what's what, before anything. Flesh can be deceiving, and so can the cooties that hide in it. I guess these guy's were lucky. But then again, you're not saying.

Why put yourself in a pretend situation to begin with? People have to learn to cover their asses, right off the bat, when it comes to having a lover. I don't buy half the b.s. that women lead on, as it's not them. It's just life's nuisances, and people who try to screw people over.

Yay!

PB Jacvobs (Yeah, I'll give you a decent rating)

Posted 6 Years Ago


The coming and going. How we perceive the world around us and how we perceive it can change. I enjoy reading this. J'adore! -Ian

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you again Ian.. ... Anyone can be anyone and anything they want here.. It is so difficult to k.. read more
Ian Faraway

10 Years Ago

I know we're going into a world of philosophy by me saying this but everything we know is not real. .. read more
This is a really profound write Shallimar...and apparently meant different things..for different people.
Maybe it's my age, but I never thought cyberspace, though after reading it over a few times I can certainly see that..I thought of a long term relationship between two people that gradually disintegrated..both have aged and grayed....but I'm not quite sure who's hair is "beside him"...his or his partner. Many years under the bridge but someone wants to spread his or her wings, simply because it (the relationship) has run its course....and as you so succinctly pointed out, life goes on (obla di obla da), no matter what stage of your life.
This is a very honest, sincere and topical write, Shallimar. I took this to heart and believe in its message of change. Change is good, there's nothing wrong with change as long as it is not made for change alone. You beautifully and visually made this point in a succinct, unemotional way...almost matter-of factly. Also though not used often, your rhyming was perfectly placed and enabled me to keep the intended pace.
Excellent write Shallimar
allen

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Allen and I can certainly see where you are coming from.. I thought the cyberspace thing w.. read more
In touch with reality... the face behind the mask... is there really a person in there... A counterfeit image of synthetic dreams... caught my attention with this one...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

You read it as I had hoped it would be read.. Thank you Glen.. shallimarRose
I totally agree with Sarah on this one. Cyberspace has added a very complicated wrinkle into the equation of relationships. How much affection should we give? What kind of trust can we really earn with others without visual/verbal ques? Does a virtual friendship have the same gravity as one made outside of the internet?

Lines 9-11 in this one stood out for me, and described what happens all too often these days. Also, those last two lines hit me as well, because I am sort of horrified by how fast some individuals can move on after that happens to them.

I like your social commentary in this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

Thanks for taking time to read and review CW.. I just don't understand why so many actually go loo.. read more
What a sad story!
I have learned to be wary of internet romance. I suppose I'm too gullible for my own good...but I tend to believe that people are what they say they are. I mean...what would be the point in lying about who you are, fevvinsake?
But, I have learned, to my sorrow, that some people just can't seem to help themselves. Ahh, well...as my dear departed Grandpa would say...you live and you learn, or you don't live too long...
Lovely write!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Angel (that is my daughters name).. Me too want to believe what I am told.. Bu.. read more
I like this...the world is changing. People are having complete relationships in the infinite abyss of cyberspace, never really knowing the touch of skin or the reality behind the "mask", as it were. I had a friend who had a relationship like this, and much like your piece, one day, her love just up and vanished--profile deleted, all existence erased. It is a sad truth, and one that seems to be happening much more often. Still, some of these relationships actually do work...who am I to judge. Well done write, my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ba_mcfarlane

10 Years Ago

It is the net, cruise at your own risk cause the crazies can be whoever whatever out here in the ree.. read more
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

So true Brian.. so true... But so many are blinded by loneliness. I think they want to believe..
ba_mcfarlane

10 Years Ago

And some are voyeurs, and worse. They want to get in and mosey around in your life without ever offe.. read more
I've never understood cyber relationships, if you can call it that - a relationship. It is such a huge world of half-truths or full blown lies. People can take on any persona they so desire and some are so talented at deceit. Unfortunately, many people fall for such tall tales.
A clever write that touches on a very real, scary topic that hurts many these days.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

yes its true but on the other side of the spectrum I know several couples who met online and now are.. read more
Emerald Seas

10 Years Ago

You're welcome. I know of a few success stories, too. Being honest and open is key, of course. Show.. read more
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

yes I introduced my best friend to a man online that had first hit on me thinking i was single lol.... read more
Catfished! Lol a lovely lament on society on the Internet today...frankly, I've been writing on the net for years, back then everyone had fake avatars including myself...I miss those days when I got to write poetry in anonymity...I had one avatar just showing my bare chest and a dress shirt for years symbolizing that I'm baring my heart for all...but I've met many friends who were older that simply were young at heart...I would later see them reveal themselves over to me over time...nevertheless, regardless of age, they should be truthful of who they are because it does hurt the person who vulnerable to prey.

Lovely write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

lol... good to know..
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

But you are a looker...I might rip you apart. jk ;)
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

oooo kkkkk.... lmao
Often; way too often. Very well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

Why thank you Friday... I am happy you came to read.. I hope perhaps you will thumb through more of .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

639 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012
Tags: avatar, love, deceiving, ageing, trust, hope, conerfeit, dreams, promises, lies, shallimarRose

Author

shallimarRose
shallimarRose

F W, WA



About
I am a singer, writer, poet, dreamer, believer..... I am an unconventional poet who has been writing rhyme since the age of five. I enjoy all styles of poetry. I write by ear not syllable count .. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by shallimarRose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Candles of Shame Candles of Shame

A Poem by Pax