Days Don't Return

Days Don't Return

A Poem by Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)





































As I sat there looking at the waves,
Thinking of olden days, my heart craves,
How I miss riding on a mare,
Looking at the waves, I just sat there.

Floating like a swan I once played,
With growing age energies fade,
Running behind waves as far as I can,
I once played floating like a swan.

I played digging the sand,
Dirtying my little hand,
Remembering the past, on sand I laid,
Digging the sand I played.

Playing with other kids, was so much fun,
Thinking of it bring joys a ton,
Of how we caught fish with squids,
It was so much fun playing with other kids.

Days don’t return but memories do,
Our eyesight fades and energies too,
So play while young for old you will turn,
For memories do but days don’t return.


© 2010 Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)


Author's Note

Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
Poetry of the form SWAP QUATRAIN:

Within the Swap Quatrain each stanza in the poem must be a quatrain (four lines), and where the first line is reversed in the fourth line. In addition, line 2 must rhyme with line 1, and line 3 must rhyme with line 4 and so on.

Rhyming pattern: AABB, CCDD, and so on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is true such brilliant memories can not be forgotten. I have memories from playing on the beach I even have photographs so I can't forget that. I have a aunt that lives near the seaside I visit her every week. I go to the beach and this poem describes to me of what happiness is suppose to be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very well written. I like the fact that you faded the text as the poem progressed. Excellent symbolism.

~True

Posted 13 Years Ago


A great piece for a quatrain.. a hard format but you did very well here! You have the emotions pinned and the rhyming .. well that is what would make this one tough! Time does pass.. days do not return as much as we would like them to.. this has some great wisdom and highlight to those fun filled younger days! Very well done..

Posted 13 Years Ago


you bring forth beautiful memories of youth. I like the mare
and the swan, and the little hand in the sand. You always
stay open and visual in your images. very fine.

Posted 13 Years Ago


******************************************************* crucibles of light & after lunch *******

As the picture load, it was my first impression. Quite often, I go to see what other reviewers have to tell first, as well. I for two, really respect and just love Emma's poems and her straight forward style. That reflect her locale. That she love where she live. I always arrive at these feelings for your work, as well... Impressions, mean a lot. The fact that you inform the reader of the use of a classical framing for your structure the Swap Quatrain. Is rewarded in this effort that takes ah breath of time, from a very nice older... Grandfather figure, in retire.

Feeling the warm wet of the sand against the background of his time... memories. Tis the next feeling come from this old man, and his meander on
a beautiful local beach of his life time. Maybe, he live there. Maybe, he vacation there with his wife. Now long passed away. What is he feeling and thinking at this moment of frame... Let's go find out shall I?

***************************************************************** time in frames element******

The swan song, the plays of memory, yes I was close, the little boy hands was a delightful presence. Squishy squids [ Thinking of it bring joys a ton, ] little man frames of reference. Not a sadness of loss, or missing his wife, nor any real wasting away of his childhood. The rhyme of his boyhood & the rhythm of time, of times flow. Like the tide he marvel an allow the window of the soul, to gather. Flood his eloquent thought of boyhood. Like yesterday in passing. The sights and sounds all still there. A passing of weather. That has stained the face, he is not seeing. Right in that frame. But the wisdom of the cycle. You brought to the grace of concluding your [ . ] Old man in thoughts, as he enjoy the warm wet of his child hood. After a perfect lunch... in frame.

************************************************************ thank you for this, a wonder *******

I was my Grandfathers special boy. I never got to see him after I turn eight.
As he die in a Motor Boat accident and they never recover his body. i wasn't allowed to go to his funeral. I love this old man and wish I could walk up to a perfect stranger and hold his hand awhile. This picture feel that he would let me, and we could walk and me listen. To his wonderful memories.....
a beautiful poem.

**************************************************************All sand crabs for you PW *********
Romon in Review. 05/27/10 2:28am
Quesnel BC CANADA Heart & Soul Peace

Posted 13 Years Ago


My, my this must have taken some thinking! You've made a great job of creating a quatrain, most of it finely done and the picture you've produced is just lovely .. the shore's just magical, isn't it

Posted 13 Years Ago


let me keep you near to easy away your fears....if only for one night.. love it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds like fond memories, for sure.
Nicely crafted.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have done a fantastic job with this and I feel that you haven't lost any of the impact with the rhyming.
There is something about sitting on a beach that always brings on nostalgia.

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

680 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on May 28, 2010

Author

Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

Irving, TX



About
To walk along the shore, leaving behind the footprints for the sea waves to tickle, the cool water washing your legs as you walk by, gentle breeze whiffing your cheek and mildly wavering .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT