Truly, Madly, Deeply...

Truly, Madly, Deeply...

A Story by Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
"

Jonathan was a software engineer in a reputed organization, this is the story of his love life...

"

 

Truly, Madly, Deeply:  A LOVE STORY

 

Jonathan Christopher was a software engineer in a reputed organization; this is the story of his love life…

 

 

Jonathan stood in front of the altar and kept gazing at the Christ as silent tears escaped from his eyes as he was thinking of those lovely days…

 

It was a Monday morning, better to say a mundane Monday; he walked into his office neatly dressed in formal wear, with stiff ironed shirt well tugged into his formal trousers, and polished black shoes, he heard his friend calling his name from behind saying “Hey Jonathan, neatly dressed for her to see??? Hmmmm”, Jonathan just smiled and walked away for it was the usual thing he hears almost everyday for past two months as his team mates made fun saying Andrea James, a girl from different team was seeing him when ever he crossed that way, oh well God alone knows why Andrea saw, maybe these guys knew too ;)

 

As again one day when Andrea crossed and his friends were teasing Jonathan actually saw her, hmm maybe with some littttttleee interest. “Andrea” he said to himself and smiled…

 

A Month Later:

 

Jonathan started to fall in love with Andrea, but never did he expose it, he finally decided to change his company, for he got a better offer and it was a week before his last day at work when he called his two best friends who were working from other firms to tell them he liked a girl, or he loved a girl, whatever…. His friends were surprised; shocked to know Jonathan was in love, a silent, good guy compared to them. Then one of the two scolded him for not letting them know earlier and for not talking to that girl earlier. Then he pleaded them to give some idea so that he could at least talk to her before his last day in the company.

 

Finally they gave him an idea and as told he gave chocolates to all his friends, his other friends from Andrea’s team and to ANDREA saying he his leaving the company, he was floating in cloud nine when she smiled and congratulated him for his future endeavors….

 

Jonathan’s final day at that workplace came and went, no longer he had chance to meet Andrea, he decided to meet her elsewhere and finally did some love homework to find out which church she attended the Sunday mass and now you must’ve guessed, Yeah, Jonathan attended the same mass on one Sunday morning, he was praying that she should see him, as wished she saw him, but Jonathan did not even mind her (too much huh? yeah he didn’t). He went there the next and next Sunday too, on third Sunday he saw her making it look more casual and said “Hi, you come to this church? My friend asked me to join him so I started coming here, …”, she smiled and said “ I stay nearby and have been coming to this church from my childhood”…. He came here on every Sunday and somehow spoke to her after the mass got over and finally became friends… they spoke through phone once in two weeks and while chatting he came to know that she was way toooo religious than him, actually speaking he is not religious, he liked everything about her, all that he came to know was impressing, he started falling deeper in love. Finally he gathered all strength to propose to her and yeah, he asked his friends to help so that he wont mess up things and met her in the office as though he was meeting his old friends there and asked her casually if they can have a cup of coffee, and then he told her how he liked her and wish to spend his life with her and she would make his best companion, and said he wanted to make it straight to the point. She stood there still not uttering a word…

 

A month passed and she knew that she loved him too and said casually while speaking (they still continued talking even after the proposal) that she wondered how good it would be to share her life with him, and Jonathan didn’t know how to react and then she smiled and said I think I love you too…

 

After six months somehow her parents came to know and were against this saying they wouldn’t agree to it…

 

A Year Later:

 

Jonathan stood in front of the altar and kept gazing at the Christ as silent tears escaped from his eyes as he was thinking of those lovely days…  how much he loved her and she loved him too, now that he is standing here after sliding the wedding ring to this woman, he hath taken oath to love her till the end of his life as his wedded wife and how is he going to see to that she never regrets this wedding, he had to give her all, all his love and life, and take care of her… he heard a voice, “now you may kiss the bride”, he turned towards her and lifted the white soft woven laced veil and saw the most beautiful smile ever, a smile so pure filled with love and promise, he forced out a smile out of his nervousness, at this woman standing in front of him “MRS. ANDREA JONATHAN”  heaving a heavy breath and promising to himself saying never in his life will he make his woman cry nor regret her decision, for all troubles taken was worth for this one countless dollar smile, yeah she smiled a shy smile at him, he kissed her gently so ever, a gentle peck on the lips. He heard claps and laughter from both their family and friends, his two best friends showed thumbs up to him and he smiled so happily as Andrea wiped away his tears of joy, he clutched her hand so tight and the couple walked down the aisle, Andrea threw back her bouquet of flowers to the maids of honor and got into the car which was so beautifully decorated with a card saying “Newly Married”…

 

True love never fails, no matter what, all troubles in between will only make the relationship stronger for true love is the bonding and inter twining of two hearts…

 

 

**************************************

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw! That was so warm and romantic, specially the ending of it. Loved it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's wonderful to read a 'happy ever after' story - and so delightfully told .. thank you. There's still hope in the world when love wins through and what's more, you've opened my morning with a smile.

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead, as ever.

Posted 12 Years Ago


No easy road for anyone. Sometime the harder road teaches us to be wiser and know what we need. I like how you told the story in the tale. A nice ending to a excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very beautiful and romantic tale. If its worth having, its worth fighting for and he decided that she was worth it. A happy ending with the promise of happiness to come. I enjoyed your story a lot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great read. Excellent construction.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful love story. I loved it from the beginning and the message at the ending means all. Jonathan and Andrea are with one another and want to share their love in the most passionate way even with the obstacles still in place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very romantic and lovely. true love wins out!

Posted 12 Years Ago


very lovely, Young love when given a chance is the lasting tie that binds

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

578 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2011
Last Updated on November 3, 2011

Author

Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

Irving, TX



About
To walk along the shore, leaving behind the footprints for the sea waves to tickle, the cool water washing your legs as you walk by, gentle breeze whiffing your cheek and mildly wavering .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..