Glue Me

Glue Me

A Poem by ShameemAkhtar

I am a bird
Fiery red are my wings
Majestic as they tear through air


Clip them

Clip them
Before they challenge
The height
Of haughtiness


Clip them and drain


Drain away the fiery red
And put my wings to dry
In the dying embers of the sun
As it takes a lunge at the sea


I am a bird
Or a bird I was


Wingless


Now I scrape the earth


Shiver


Shiver along with me
As I gasp my last breaths


Give me back my wings
Let me wash them in blood


I am a bird
Give me back my freedom


But if you are to clip my wings
Then do so with love…

© 2011 ShameemAkhtar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Even in love. Never clip the wings. The energy and drive of the desire would be lost. If you stole the freedom to fly and think freely. They would be dead. I like the poem. Using the bird made the point strong and understandable. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

love hurst thats practically for i got to it like the bird is a great metaphor how someone wants freedom but hat person you love hurts you and you ask them to hurt you but to actually care i like it ! very nice poem 1:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't get the title. Though the poem does have a certain, Icarus, feel to it of course. I guess that could be the reason for the title, but did He glue his wings together? None the less I really like this piece as well. Though no one should ever have there wings clipped. That would be liie a writer without a quill.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Great imagery. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was wonderfully well written, I loved this! So many emotions were present, acceptance, humility, pride.

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice write

Posted 12 Years Ago


Free as a bird.. how many people wish to be just exactly like that?
You've painted quite a nice picture here with a wingless bird, trapped and unable to regain its freedom. Yet, even though love might be the one thing to keep a spirit tied to a particular place, its wings should nevertheless never be clipped. Not even for love, for a love that does not let you be free, is not true love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


now this is one of this poems which completely was a hit and i expected so much from it and i got it spot on . it is a brilliant poem because it has a good flow of story and some people do think that poems don't need them but of course they need a story or what is there to go by . like i said in my other review , you do hit the nail on the head with these different styles and variations , it has an heart of emotion which does alot for it and it is original and very captivating . i think your poems should be different , well , like they are but try to follow this formula as it has a nice balance between the paragraphs , the wording and the emotional water that follows in between .

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dreams get shattered.. but we should not stop dreaming.. The wings will grow back I guess... Nice poem.. and I agree with Coyote.. winds should not be clipped..you never remain the same after your parts are amputated ..Nothing like free thinking and individual freedom

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hauntingly deep, and emotional. Well done, Shameem.

~Anna Rose

Posted 12 Years Ago


Reality creeps into the experience of freedom in will and thought. No doubt the responsibilities of our everyday world would do that, but it has a purpose. It seeks to dream a nobler dream.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

600 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011

Author

ShameemAkhtar
ShameemAkhtar

Port Louis, Mauritius



About
Project Manager, Catalyst Business Solutions slave of the modern world and demands of an overwhelming job... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..