The Consequence of a Kiss

The Consequence of a Kiss

A Chapter by ShaneBerry
"

Cellophane returns to the land of the living to deal out major truths and kick a*s, what did he say to make Throttle cry? and why is there more blood on his hands?

"

Chapter Nine: The Consequence of a Kiss.

Part 1 Awaken Human

 

He could not see himself, the living room, or anything. In fact he was in a solid black void of sorts. He could feel his hands as he curled a fist. He could feel his hair as if it was on top of his head, he could feel his body; but he knew it was not there.

                ‘Where am I?’ he thought to himself. He attempted to walk in this black hole of nothing but soon found that of all the things he could not feel his legs.

                ‘You are here.’ a voice in the distance replied. It was a familiar voice, one he had heard before but could not lay a finger on whom or what it was. Cellophane’s heart began to beat violently with fear.

                ‘Do not be alarmed. No one is here but you and I. I do not plan on causing any discomfort to you Cellophane Cola.’ The voice continued, giving Cellophane that same feeling of comfort and familiarity as if he had heard this voice his entire life.

                “Who are you?! Where is Throttle!? Take me back now!” Cellophane shouted still unable to identify the voice or see anything.

                “You can call me SubQ. And at the moment Throttle is still at your house, and so is Tony.” The voice now seemed less omnipotent and more human. Cellophane now spoke with more alarm in his voice,

                “He is going to hurt her! You need to take me back! Please!”

There was a pause in the darkness, Cellophane could still not feel his legs, still could not see SubQ and now had a pit in his stomach as thoughts of what may or may not happen to Throttle filled his mind.

                “You will return to her, shortly. You asked me where you were yes.” SubQ asked

Cellophane answered quickly,

                “Yes, Please I need to leave here!”

SubQ quickly replied,

                “You are dead Cellophane. Tony killed you.”              

As SubQ answered, Cellophane was taken aback in his mind. If he was dead, is this hell? Is it heaven? Purgatory? He began to panic, his heart racing he asked,

                “I am in hell?”

 SubQ laughed in response to the question,

                “No, at this very moment you are in your own mind. This is a good thing Cellophane. It gives you a chance to save your own life.”

Cellophane, confused asked,

                “If I am in my mind then who are you? And I do not want to save my life I want to save Throttle!!” 

SubQ did not answer; instead as Cellophane asked the question his mind began to grow fuzzy and unclear. He could now make out subtle outlines and he could even see the silhouette of SubQ who stood but only a few feet away from him. His mind was so scattered and unclear he could not speak or form a question, he dropped to his knees and looked up at SubQ.

                “There are some things that cannot be told, they can only be shown.” He said this as his body became clearer, to the point where he could be seen entirely. Cellophane stumbled back as he looked upon the man. His hair, eyes, ears, nose, body arms legs, and they were the same as Cellophane’s.  It was like looking into a mirror.

                “What are you!!?” he shouted as the fuzziness in his mind slowly dissipated.   SubQ stepped forward offering his hand to help Cellophane up. The black void was now solid white and Cellophane could distinguish between wall to wall and ceiling to floor.

                “I am your Subconscious. The Cellophane Cola that exists in your own mind. And I am here to help you change the world.”

Cellophane stood on his own pushing away SubQ’s hand and glaring at him in a mixture of confusion and fear.  SubQ stepped back attempting to give him space to relax. Cellophane stared at him trying to figure out what to think, what to feel; but only confusion filled his mind. SubQ then asked,

                “Now I do not want you to feel rushed or alarmed but, if you are going to live I am going to need complete control of your body.”

Cellophane then had a look of ridicule on his face, he laughed as he replied,

                “Oh ok well why don’t I just do that. I’ll just give you control of my body because you know, that is something everyone knows how to do.” 

His condescending tone did not escape SubQ’s notice, he stepped toward Cellophane and with a larger amount of urgency he demanded,

                “Cell, I don’t expect you to know what is going on right now and being an atheist like yourself I definitely know that open minded thoughts are rare at the best of times but I need you to work with me here. If you don’t everyone you love is going to die, followed by many others.”

Cellophane gulped, he could tell SubQ was being sincere and fearful, but there was just so much happening at once and he could not grasp any of it.

                “What do I need to do?” he asked,

SubQ smiled saying,

                “Just, relax. And do not struggle.”

Before Cellophane could ask any more questions SubQ walked toward him hastily and just before he would have crashed into Cellophane he vanished. As Cellophane attempted to speak, his lips did not move, instead he could only think. He soon realized he was looking out through his eyes rather than seeing as himself.

Part 2 Serpent Everlasting

 

He was back in the living room on the floor, it felt like hours had passed, but he had been lying on the ground for mere seconds, Tony was halfway up the stairs. Somehow Cellophane found the strength to stand. He pulled the knife out of his body and tossed it to the floor. Though he could see everything he was doing, it was not him in control. He now understood what was happening; SubQ had taken control of his body.

                ‘How is this possible?’ he thought to himself,

Curiously a second thought answered him,

                ‘Duality.’  It was SubQ. Cellophane felt like he was dreaming for a moment, well it would be better described as a nightmare.

               

Tony heard the knife hit the floor and turned around in horror as Cellophane slowly approached him. He quickly drew his gun and fired two shots into Cellophane’s legs. As Cellophane stumbled Tony ran into Throttles room grabbing her in a choke hold,

                “Get the f**k off of me! Let me go!” she shouted struggling, as he put the gun to her head she  froze in fear, the hot barrel of the gun stung her temple as they both stood still staring at the half closed door. As the door slowly crept open Cellophane stood in the doorway staring into Tony’s eyes.  

                “Demonio! ¿¡Qué eres!?”   Tony shouted, his voice quivering.

Cellophane did not respond, instead he pulled the two knives out of his pockets and charismatically smiled in the direction of Tony. Throttle was paralyzed with fear, of both Tony and Cellophane.

                ‘Don’t hurt Throttle!!’  Cellophane Demanded,

A smug laugh echoed in his head as SubQ responded,

                ‘Wouldn’t Dream of Cell. She is too important to us.’

Before anyone could say a word Cellophane ran toward Tony, who began to shoot at him aimlessly. Throttle was tossed to the ground and as Cellophane tackled Tony they both fell through the bedroom window.

As she came to, Throttle ran to the kitchen and attempted to call the police, the line was down. She grabbed her cellphone only to find the battery had been snapped off. She quickly ran out the front door to the driveway where Tony’s dead body laid. Cellophane was nowhere in sight.  As she walked to the body a pit grew in her stomach, she thought about calling the police again, but now knew Cellophane would be arrested. Just as soon as she decided to walk away Tony gargled a bit of blood, and then said,

                “He is not normal… You have to get away from him child…”

He then grew silent and unmoving.  Throttle stepped back in fear and tripped over herself, before she could hit the ground Cellophane appeared behind her grabbing her arm and keeping her from falling.

                “Cell! You’re ok, but how!?”  She exclaimed, but there was no reply. Cellophane’s eyes where glazed over and she could tell that this was something, someone different.

Before she could try to talk anymore Cellophane covered her mouth with his hand, and placed both of the knives in her hands. He then put his index finger to his lips, took her cellphone out of her hand and walked away.

 

 

Part 3 Take a Walk

 

Cellophane was still trapped in his own mind, he watched as SubQ controlled his body. Walking down the sidewalk he reattached Throttle’s phone and battery, and then placed it in his pocket. He walked into a nearby barbershop and quickly grabbed a coat and hat off of the rack near the front door.

                ‘What the hell! That is stealing!’  He said in his mind,

The jacket fit him well with the coat being thin and going just passed his hips. He continued walking down the street,

                ’Trust me he will never miss it. Besides, we need to cover up the giant bloody hole in your shirt and distract people from the view of your knee caps.’  SubQ answered as they continued walking.

After a few miles of walking through the town Cellophane began to grow irritated with SubQ’s lack of explanation as to what was happening. The main thought that populated his mind was why he was still alive.
                ‘You must have many questions, all you have to do is ask.’  SubQ said as they entered a gas station. Cellophane wasted no time in responding,

                ‘Ok, here’s one, what the hell is happening to me!?’  SubQ laughed in response, so much so that Cellophanes’ body laughed making people stare,

                ‘I guess that is the only question that truly matters. And while I do not have all of the answers, I can certainly clear some things up’ SubQ replied while looking at the drinks.

SubQ then said,

                ‘Like I said before, I am your subconscious. The part of you that lets you know what you should or should not do. Everyone has one; You, Throttle, Sepia, Diamond , Juicy etcetera, etcetera; but, you have a unique ability Cell, a power some would call it. You already know what you should or should not do, making my job far easier than most others. However this ability only manifests during moments of increased stress or adrenaline. We will call that your basic fight or flight reasoning.’

As Cellophane listened, it made a kind of horrible sense. He could not help but think back to the night of Daniel’s death. How every motion came to him like breathing, and then the night of the bar shoot up, once again he had moved and fought without thinking about anything.

                ‘Yes Cell, that’s right. When your life is in danger this ability takes effect and gives you the knowledge to do incredible things. I am what makes that possible, the only reason it does not put your brain on a type of sensory overload is because I am there as a second psychological barrier to keep you from losing complete control of the ability itself.’

While SubQ explained, Cell could not help but try to be skeptical,

                ‘How do I know I am not just losing my mind? What if you are just a split personality or hallucination from all of the painkillers?’  

They had now left the gas station store, and continued down the road,

                ‘ Fair enough, how about this one; how many crazy people do you know of who have tackled a full grown man out a two story window, landed on his feet without a broken ankle and lived to speak of it? Or better yet, how many hallucinations have you had that took control of your body to save the life of someone you love? Because if either of these things has happened before then yeah, you may just be crazy and I may be nothing more than a hallucination.’ 

Cellophane felt small as the condescending tone became stronger and stronger.  They soon arrived at the town square, sitting on a bench Cellophane asked,

                ‘So what happens now?’

SubQ thought for a moment, then answered saying,

                ‘We get the girls to safety, which is the only way you will be able to focus your efforts on the North Texas Beasts. They put a hit out on you and based on what happened earlier the girls too. I say we make a visit to Intense, she can help us. Then we use the money at the Red house to fly the girls to Croatia, there they will be safe with Diamond s parents.’  

The red house, there was a blast from the past. He had not spoken of it or his cousin Intense in a very long time. He did not feel like asking for help after abandoning her at the Red house to be with the girls. It had been three years since he last spoke to her.

                ‘Intense will be able to answer your questions about this far better than I can.’  SubQ added, sensing Cellophane’s less than enthusiastic attitude.   

Cellophane did not know what to do, should he go along with SubQ’s plans? How would he get the girls to agree to flee Denton? How would he explain this to them without having them believe he had lost his mind? All of these questions that polluted his mind where heard by SubQ as if they were asked to him on purpose. 

                ‘My plan is the only one we’ve got. You just have to tell the girls the truth, and hope they will cooperate… have them come with us to the red house, let them meet Intense, she will explain this far better than either of us could ever hope to.’

Cellophane began to wonder why SubQ seemed so dead set on finding Intense. Before he could even ask, once again SubQ answered his mental question.

                ‘Trust me on this. Intense is the only person in the world who could ever hope to understand what you are going through.’

Cellophane finally gave in. if it meant the girls safety; he was willing to do just about anything.

 

 

Part Four: The Truth

 

Cellophane regained control of his body, for now it seemed as though SubQ had vanished. His wounds where gone and he now stood in a park near the house. His body was tired as he began the trek back towards home. The air was crisp and cool, what time it was escaped Cellophanes notice completely. As he began walking down the street the house was on a terrible feeling filled his gut, Throttle was left alone, confused and possibly terrified after the attack. He remembered that mere moments before Tony tried to kill them both he had almost confessed his love to her. He walked through the threshold of the door, in front of him lay puddles of semidry blood that had rolled down the stairs many moments ago when his knees where practically shot off. To his right was a larger puddle of blood where Tony had stabbed him and left him for dead. He then heard the sniffling of a crying woman upstairs, his attention no longer focused on blood stains and a surge of energy went through his body, propelling him up the staircase as quickly as he could. He entered Throttle’s room saying,

                “Thrott-“

But before he could finish speaking her name, Throttle bolted out from behind the door corner and swung one of the open knives at Cellophane’s head. Cellophane easily dodged it and grabbed her wrist pulling her close into a hug tightly.

                “Oh my god, Cell! Where did you go! I though, I thought you were more of Tony’s goons I was so scared! What the f**k is happening?!” Throttle shouted, crying so hard that her entire body shook with fear. Cellophane wished he had answers, he wished he could tell her anything that would ease her fear. No words came to mind though, before he could say anything however SubQ took control of the body once more,

                “It’s going to be ok Throttle. Allot of things are going to change, you need to be brave and we need to find Diamond  and Sepia, ok?” as he spoke his voice was smoother and not his own, it was SubQ’s.

SubQ then wrapped his arm around Throttles waist and placed his hand on her cheek connecting their lips in a kiss. Cellophane’s heart stopped,

What are you doing!?’ he asked.

Getting the ball rolling’ SubQ responded playfully.

As the kiss ended Throttle backed up a few steps and put her hands to her lips. Her shaking had stopped and she seemed almost relaxed. Cellophane now regained control of his body, the warmth of Throttles lips could still be felt and a strange feeling overtook his mind, even amongst all the chaos happening around him.

first kiss, and I will never even know what it felt like’ to this, SubQ laughed and said nothing.

Throttle then sat down on her bed reaching into her pockets for her phone, as a puzzled look appeared on her face Cellophane remembered that he had taken the phone after he had killed Tony.  As he took it out of his pocket he walked up to her and put the phone into her hand, looking into her eyes he said,

                “I won’t let anything happen to you three. I promise Throttle. I love you.”

Before she had a chance to respond Cellophane left the room and walked to his room, sitting on her bed Throttle looked to her broken window covered in blood, then to her floor stained red from soaking up the blood like a rag, then to her phone in her hand with blood on the edges from being in Cellophane’s hand.                    

                “But what’s going to happen to you…” she asked to the empty room.

 

                ‘Do you still have the revolver your father gave you?’ SubQ asked,

Cellophane opened his closet and pulled out several wooden boxes before he found the right one containing the gun he was looking for.

                ‘Yes, but I am a lousy shot.’ He replied,

                ‘Yes, but Diamond  is not.’ SubQ then took control of the body again, breaking the gun and filling the six shot capacity with the only six bullets in the box. He then closed and placed the safety on putting the gun on the bed.

                ‘I am not too bad either if I do say so myself’ he said before returning control of the body to Cellophane. For several moments he and SubQ discussed what weapons he could take that would actually be of use, it was then that Cellophane realized Throttle still had the knives. He quickly walked to her room, to find that she was not there.

                “Throttle?” he spoke her name awaiting a response, but none was given. He walked around the house until he saw her silhouette on the back porch. 

 

                Slowly Cellophane walked to her, the knives where on the table in front of her, still open, still covered in blood. While she was no longer shaking, the fear in her eyes was still all too obvious to Cellophane. She then said, as he sat down in the space on the back porch loveseat next to her,

                “I watched you get shot, twice in the legs… then you tackled Tony out of a two story window and now here you are without a scratch on your body… what happened Cell?”  

As he reached for the knives she grabbed his wrist and pulled his hand back, the way she looked at him compelled him to speak, though he was not sure if she was ready to hear the words.

                “I don’t know… that is why we need to get out of here. All I do know for sure is that the North Texas beasts want me gone… and now that I have killed one of their members they will hunt me down… you Dime and sepia as well… I cannot let that happen.” Tears welled up in his eyes as he began to have visions of the girls being killed, what would have happened had SubQ not saved his life.

                “Cellophane Cola, I had to watch you die! Let’s just go! If we just start driving then they can’t find us! We have the emergency card we can use it for gas! Please Cell!” Throttle pleaded, Cellophane now realized that she thought he was going to leave them alone.

                “We are going to leave Throttle, but together. I have got to speak with my cousin, she is in Fort Worth. Call Dime and Sepia, do not tell them anything, just tell them to get here now.” He assured her, he wrapped he arm around her and put her forehead on his own.

                “You won’t see me die again. But I need you to trust me, ok? I won’t let anything happen to you Throttle Bottle.” He said with a big smile remembering when they were young teenagers, Sepia had made the nick name up, a happier simpler time he wished so desperately to return to.  She smiled too, making Cellophane’s heartbeat faster and louder. Throttle could hear it, as Cellophane stood. He picked up the knives and walked Throttle back into the house, as they entered Diamond  was standing in the entry hall staring at the blood on the stairs and floor. She then, shaking, looked up at Cellophane and Throttle, Cellophane was covered in blood.

                “What happened here!?” she asked panicked and confused. Sepia walked in right behind her, the same expression on her face, the same question in her throat.

                “Cellophane, why are you covered in blood?!” Sepia asked walking closer to them.

 

                The four of them now sat in Diamond s room, the only room in the house other than Sepia’s that was not destroyed or covered in blood. Cellophane explained as much as he could without mentioning SubQ, Throttle filled in the blanks without mentioning him dying or getting shot. They both knew that the unbelievable events truly had to be witnessed to be believed.  As the looks of concern on Diamond  and Sepia’s faces grew more and more severe, Cellophanes heart grew heavy; Throttle could see that explaining the events was getting them nowhere. Sepia could feel an awkward tension in the air, and Diamond  was looking at cellophanes pant knees and shirt, the wholes surrounded by blood confused her greatly.

                “We need to get away,” Cellophane said, breaking the silence. Sepia scoffed at the idea, and Diamond  was completely dumbfounded by the suggestion.

                “Why? We should just call the police and have this finished with!” Diamond  said standing and walking toward the phone, Cellophane quickly trailed after her and grabbed her cellphone out of her hand.

                “That will do us no good Dime, you have no idea how connected these people are, or how complicated things have become.” He said giving her phone to Throttle,

                “What? You are seriously with him on this one Throttle?” Sepia asked as she walked up to them. Throttle nodded saying,

                “You were not here earlier, you didn’t see what happened, until you do you will not understand why I agree with him.” As she spoke she looked at Cellophane who was now concentrated on their conversation.  Sepia looked at Cellophane, then Throttle, then Cellophane again and in an angry huff said,

                “oh fantastic. So where do you suppose we should go then? Hmm? Who else should we drag into this?” Sepia’s irritation was palpable.

                “We are going to Fort Worth, to my cousin’s place. I feel like she could help. Pack some clothes, leave the phones… we are leaving at dawn…”



© 2013 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
"the Immortal Journal" is takeing a wide turn into becomming a supernatural thriller, throttle learns that Cellophane is in love with her, but the events surrounding them are soo chaotic that no one has time to stop and figure it all out. depending on reception from the audience i may completely re do this chapter. i like it but others may not haha!!

wanna show "The Immortal Journal" some love? like it on Facebook and spread the word!! :D
https://www.facebook.com/TheImmortalJournal?fref=ts

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is rare that something really captures my attention nowadays in terms of literary stories but this one definitely had me wanting to know more. From the characters, the names, the sudden twist to an almost supranatural kind of story plot had me enjoying this novel. I especially love the style in which you chose to portray it; in the classical style with acts and scenes. I really do hope you continue with this as I look forward to how the story unfolds. I would also love and be willing to do the editing for you (grammar, spelling, etc...) to help in your journey with these characters to which I have begun to love.

Best wishes
Yours
LoneWolf

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2013
Last Updated on May 13, 2013
Tags: The Immortal Journal, Cellophane, Throttle, Doctor, Sepia, Shane, Holly, Victoria, Nikki, Texas, Supernatural


Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry