Chapter Seven: Who We Are

Chapter Seven: Who We Are

A Chapter by ShaneBerry
"

final rough draft chapter

"

 FINAL CHAPTER, SEVEN…

WHO WE ARE…
 
 
(I have tried time and time again… I cannot help but feel guilty… to all my friends and family, to Nieta. This is goodbye…….-David, miles, smith)
         “I want to say something, but I don’t know how…” I said looking at Nieta strait in the face. “Just say it…you know what I say about keeping thongs bottled up...”She said, obviously not knowing what I really wanted to say. After three hours of Don, Kari, and Nieta, arguing over who was a better punk band, they all left (I was talking to her before they got there.) “Don... I need to talk to you.” I said before he left. After everyone else left, we sat down to talk. “What’s up?” he asked. I shrunk down as I said, “I, I’m in love with Nieta…” he turned red in the face trying not to laugh “what do you mean? Are you really in love with Nieta?” he said laughing under his breath.  “I mean, there are not very many things that another person would say to that, that’s kind, I mean, technically she’s not a human, she’s a neo-sapien.” He said a gasped.  “Yes, I know that, but it’s not like I, want to...”he stopped me he knew what I was going to say.  “Why, or what made you fall in love with her?” he asked. “I really don’t know, I just….have these feelings for her. And I don’t know how to express them…” I said standing up. “So that’s what Kari meant, she said Nieta and her where talking and you where acting strange around Nieta. Hey man I’m not a counserler, but I have seen a few. Thing like this, if it’s not just a crush are probrebly an inner calling. You really love her right?”He asked squinting at me, “yes!” I shouted wanting him to get to the point. “Then you should tell her. Tell her that you love her.” He said, I looked at him and said, “Alright, tomorrow... I will”
        Today was the day. I would tell her. But as always. There was a problem. As don and I left the house we heard a large banging sound and a large gust or debrea flying through the air. We ran inside and turned on the TV.  “there are many reports around the world terrorist attacks of the highest order, world wide panic while every major city is being bombed , the weapons are……”the TV went out. “NIETA!” I shouted running out of the house. As soon as I got out Ben was standing next to the bright yellow vespa and a black and red vespa, “it’s the guy from the hospital.” Said Don walking out of the house. “So need a ride guys?” he asked sarcastically. We both got on the bikes and road of toward the explosions.  “Don, find Kari and then return to David’s’ house, we’ll meet up there.” Shouted Ben as he ushered Don away.  “David you find Nieta, don’t let her get hurt. Got it” he said seriously. I nodded and took off.  The town was a maze of fallen buildings and police cars. I first went to the park to see if she was there, I searched there and many other places until I saw Kari, I road up to her and asked, “are you o.k.?”She nodded yes, and looked very confused. “Get on, I’ll take you to Don.” she then got on the bike. As we exited the mall, (the building Kari was in.) there was a large tank in front of the mall, the only one I had seen so far. We took off around it and bolted toward town, (the mall was on the outskirts of town) as we entered we could hear screams and shouting demands. Washington, D.C. was a war zone… 
        We got to the house I left Kari in the care of my mother and father; there were neo-human relations agents surrounding my house so it seemed like the safest place. Before I was able to leave Nieta’s father came out of there part of the duplex. “David, you are a very brave man, please bring my daughter back, and you’re self as well.” He said putting his hands on my shoulders. I nodded and took off toward the direction Don was going.  On the way there, many HAAactivist where marching up and down the street, I tried to stay far away from them but sometimes I had to ride through the crowds. I soon met up with Don at the mall. He was frantically looking for Kari. “Don don’t worry, I found her she’s at my house. You go take care of them; I’ll look for Nieta and Ben.” he nodded and took off.
        I researched the mall and moved as much debris as possible. As I left a deep voiced man came out of the gun shop. (The mall was basically a pile of rubble,) “Nieta, that sounds like a female neo-sapiens name, why search for her? Look for Ben, he sounds like a normal human…” he said, he was tall and muscular, and he wore a plastic bird mask with real feathers on the sides. I grew very angry. “HAA, scum!” I shouted running toward him. He then grabbed me in a chokehold and pointed a large gun at my head. “I’m not supposed to even talk to someone who might be helping an animal, so why don’t you just cooperate with us and the organization?” he asked. “Sounds like you’re hatred goes’ for any race…”I muttered. “Because this animal, that you and you’re cult are against… I’m in love with one. And I’m not going to die until I tell her.” I said gasping for air. “Well, then I’m sorry to say, I must kill you.” he whispered into my ear.  Then as the gun cocked. I heard it go off… but it wasn’t the one that was pointed at my head. I turned and saw the man but his mask was blown off and there was a large whole in his head...  “Sorry if you got any blood on you’re shirt.” said Ben laughing.  He then dropped a card on the body; there was a picture of the man on it and a description. “Dray, Ducarluse, been tracking him for years. Never caught him in the act.” Said Ben checking a list. “You alright kid?” he asked concerned. “Ya… but I still can’t find Nieta. “Well I know someone who can!” he said slapping me on the back. “Really?!” I said excitedly. “Yes but don’t look at his mane, he’s really shy about it, he can never get the back.” I was confused.
        We went back to my house it was still surrounded by the agents. But now there was a van parked out in front of the house. As we parked a large (as in tall and muscular, not fat.) lion neo-sapien stepped out of the van, but he had dark blue fur and a whitish-blue mane. It wasn’t anything to be embarrassed about.  He had a deep voice. “So you are David, it’s very nice to meet you.” I was dazzled. I expected an army like guy. But he was just like Nieta’s father, kind and soft. After e introduced each other I asked. “So you can help me find Nieta?”I asked happily. “Yes, but I will need to come with you. And agent Benjamin.” Ben nodded. We then left the house. I decided not to go inside; I didn’t want to have to explain the situation again.
        We left the city and where out in what I wall the outer D.C. it’s where many trailer parks are and where the HAA began… “Why would she be here?” I asked. “Because, she knows that all of the HAA members are out in the city. This is the last place they’d look for neo-sapien.”Said Ben. He looked uncomfortable driving a car. We parked near a black and blue spray painted trailer. There was HAA spray painted on every trailer. Mostly in red. Then the lion roared very loudly. Three men came running out of the bushes. They hauled a*s. (I would to) “Come now, we have a lot of time to search for her, it’ll take them hours to get to there boss.” He said walking toward one of the trailers. We split up. I thought it was a bad idea, but they disagreed. I searched, but found nothing, no sign of Nieta ever being there. 
         “Stop!” a man shouted from right behind me. He grabbed me by the neck and put a gun to my head. “It’s nothing personal...oh wait yes it is. Then he cocked the gun. I thought it was the end I would die and never see Nieta again… “Let go of him you HAA piece of s**t!”Shouted Nieta as she slit his throught. “Nieta!” I shouted as I turned the body fell to the floor and she stood there unharmed. I was so happy. But before I could say anything the lion man came over and said. “Save you’re sweet talk for her later, we’ve got to go.” I nodded and we all three ran toward the car, as soon as we got about a yard away it exploded. The shockwave knocked us down Ben came running up be hind us shooting at someone. He then passed a gun tome. I got up and said. “I’ve never shot someone before.” “It’s really simple just c**k it and shoot.” He shouted with a thumb up. 
There was only one man walking up the hill, he had dynamite strapped to his chest. “Stop shooting!” I shouted, but Ben could not hear me. I then cocked the gun and ran at the man. “David what are you doing!” shouted Ben as he rose, I could tell he saw the bomb strapped to his chest now. I pointed the gun at the man. “Ohoho, you goanna do a self sacrifice? I really don’t even want to do this, but I must. It is my destiny.” he said in a satanic laugh. Before I could shoot or the man could ignite the bombs Ben shot the man in the head. He collapsed to the ground and dropped the switch. 
We got to the house, (by hijacking one of the cars in the trailer park.) and it was a pile of boards and agent bodies, it had been bombed,  don had dragged our parents bodies out to the yard, they were all alive,  Spiegel was on the top of the pile laying down obviously tired. Kari ran up to Nieta and hugged her; she looked much more worried than Don. “Aw, what no hug?” I said sarcastically. Then I asked Don. “Are they o.k.?” he nodded and said. “Why did you bring her back? By doing that you put all of us in danger…” he really sounded angry, I understood it, but he was still out of line.  “Why, I don’t know, but the HAA where looking for her specifically.” He continued. Then Ben walked up. “There looking for her because she is a project in this city. That’s why she is the only neo-sapien you’re ages. She is the only neo-sapien in the world that goes to school and learns with other humans. Didn’t you ever notice there are no neo-sapien schools in this city?” he asked. Then I put in. “right but you said that HAA was only in D.C. why did you lie?” I asked. “I thought they where, the entire organization is using old technology, we were not able to trace.” There was a chuckle, then a loud laugh, a skinny man walked out from behind a building. In his hand he held a large gun. “Can I join the party? I don’t get along with animals, though. You might have to put you’re pets on leashes.” I couldn’t believe it, it was the vice (the vice principal from our old school.) 
        He stepped forward then the lion man began to growl. “Shut you’re mouth you over grown cat. You and you’re whole pathetic species are about to be killed off, by this.” He said holding up the gun. It was a vaccination gun. He slurred his words, he was drunk. “The animal a neo copies has certain attributes that the neo will duplicate, the look is the easiest, but no matter what you copy, it transforms the brain, then you can use that attribute to do whatever. But here’s the only thing that can finish it all. This virus gun will inject an antibody that when it enters the body seeks out the brain and destroys the uncommon genes. Unfortunately when it enters the body it kills the subject.” He said it like h had rehearsed it.  He then pulled out a normal gun. So I’ll save the virus for tormenting people. For mow I’ll kill the fox girl.” he then shot at Nieta, I tried to run to get close to it but I was too late. Instead Kari jumped in the way, and got shot strait in the chest. It was at this moment Don ran at the man he tackled the vice down and began ferociously bearing him. Ben ran over to him and pulled him off of the vice.  The vice was dead. Blood poured out of his mouth and he bled to death.  Don freaked out he started running about shouting and saying random things. Then he ran off. Before I could I heard Kari say. “D, David, Don tolled me… about Nieta, and Nieta has tolled me before that she. Loves you.” she whispered that in my ear, after that she died.  Ben left to find Don but returned saying that he could not find him… (The mini-war lasted three weeks, and as soon as it ended, Nieta and I where able to join the neo-humans relations program. It was small then. But I think it’ll grow….)
 
 
 
 
                       The end
 
 
hello i am the author of "Fox Trot" let me make this entirely clear...
THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT!THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT! THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT!
the actual story will be longer and more indepth on the characters description, grammar, and punctuation. i want you to leave comments telling me what you think of this story line and how it sounds at this point, changes can and will be made to improve the story i will gurentee your voice(typing) will be herd so pleas, leave me some critisim!
 
-S.B.-
 


© 2009 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
rough draft!hello i am the author of "Fox Trot" let me make this entirely clear...
THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT!THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT! THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT!
the actual story will be longer and more indepth on the characters description, grammar, and punctuation. i want you to leave comments telling me what you think of this story line and how it sounds at this point, changes can and will be made to improve the story i will gurentee your voice(typing) will be herd so pleas, leave me some critisim!

-S.B.-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
Added on August 4, 2009


Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry