Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by AngelBeat

I walked through the snowy terrain, cold wind numbing my face, a beanie that kept my ears warm, clothing that covered almost all of my skin and boots that flattened snow beneath them. Everything was covered in a pure white blanket. Time seemed to stand still. No animals running around, no birds chirping, nothing, only my boots against snow. I keep walking, keeping my pace even until I see him, my closest friend, I start to jog over but then stop. He's sitting against a tree with his eyes closed. He's wearing the same sort of things as me, snow boots, a beanie, thick clothing. I try to tip toe over to him as quietly as I can. When I come within metres of him, he opens his eyes and looks at me, with those unnatural green eyes of his. I can't help but smile. "Come here," he yawns, patting the snow beside him. I walk over and sit down. As soon as I do, coldness numbs my butt. "How can you sleep here?" I ask, taking off my glove and resting my hand on the snow between us. "I wasn't sleeping," he answers immediately, he takes off his glove too, placing his palm on mine. "Are you okay?" I ask and move my fingers in between the spaces of his. He doesn't say anything, he squeezes his fingers around my hand, and I do the same. A moment of silence passes and he stands up, leaving my hand behind. "I want to show you something," he says, not looking at me. "Okay," I reply and stand up. My butt still feels numb. "Emelia?" "Yes Ash?" "Don't be scared, okay?" I try to hold in a little laugh. "Why would I be scared?" He turns to me and grabs my shoulders. He looks, sad? Worried? I can't tell.

I grab his arms and smile.

He smiles back, but his eyes don't.

I stop smiling as his face starts changing. Black scales replace every inch of visible skin. He steps back. He drops his beanie to the ground, slips off his jacket, boots, socks, everything, right to the skin? Scales? He's naked, that much I'm sure of. "Are you scared?" He asks.

I don't reply.

"Do you want me to stop?"

I shake my head.

"Okay." He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in. His hair turns into long black spikes running down his spine, his feet look the same, just with scales and long black nails, same goes for his hands. His ears morph into pointy ones, like you might see on an elf. He opens his eyes, "are you scared?" he asks again. As he speaks, you can see his shark like teeth. I don't reply. I can't.

He takes a step forward, I take one back. "You're scared aren't you?" I sad smile crosses his scaly face. He reaches out and I take another step back, hitting the tree. He turns his back to me. "I'm leaving." What? I take a step towards him.

"I'll never see you again."What??"Before I leave, I want you to know that you are the best thing that ever happened to me in this world. I regret not meeting you earlier. Spending more time with you." He turns around, smiling. "Is that cheesy?" He lets out a little laugh.

Something in me breaks. I close the space between us and put my arms around his neck. Tears start to form and make their way down my face. "Please don't leave." I whisper. He lightly places his arms around me. "I have to.""Why?" I hug him even tighter.

"If I had the choice to stay, I would. But I don't, so I can't." I loosen my arms around him and look him in the face. He looks so different, but his eyes are still the same, so is his voice. This makes me cry more tears. He pulls me in this time, a whole lot tougher than before, when he was barely touching me. "Don't cry," he whispers, "please?" I keep crying. I feel something warms against my skin. "A-are you crying?"

He hugs me tighter. "N-no."

"When are you leaving?" I ask.

"I-in a couple of minutes."

I pull away from him and walk over to the tree. I sit down and hold my hand out to him. He takes it and sits down next to me. He wipes my face with his free hand, its surprisingly warm. I lean my head on his bare shoulder and look at his hand in mine. He puts his head against mine. We stay like this for what seems like forever, until his hand starts to fade in mine. I quickly look up to him, he looks back at me. I look at his whole body, it's starting to fade. I don't know what to say. He still holds my hand. "I'll miss you, he whispers, "we might meet again someday." We both knew that wouldn't happen. Tears start to run down my face again. I hug him for the last time ever, I can barely feel him. Just before he completely disappears, he whispers "I love you, Emelia."

He's gone. He's really gone. I sit against the tree for who knows how long, crying, remembering his words "I love you." If only I could have told him the same.

© 2013 AngelBeat


Author's Note

AngelBeat
Done ages ago. Can't be bothered editing it here. Wrong stuff, point it out, THEN I'll edit/fix it. Oh, I don't know wtf I was talking bout in this. :) Bye

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

drugs gimme drugs gimme drugs i dont need em but i'll sell what you got in a bag

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 17, 2013
Tags: goodbye separation love etc

Author

AngelBeat
AngelBeat

New Zealand



About
(Lets change this again~ -_-) I don't come on here as much, rarely ever do now. I am more on dA. I like to do art stuff. Thats it ._. *** I'm sorry if you don't like my stuff :) I don't like it eith.. more..

Writing
The Beach The Beach

A Story by AngelBeat


TM - Ch1 TM - Ch1

A Chapter by AngelBeat


TM - Ch2 TM - Ch2

A Chapter by AngelBeat