Novocaine

Novocaine

A Poem by Sharkapillar
"

Haven't written in a long, long time.

"
This my cry for help
That will never be heard
It's only letters on paper
Unspoken, silent words

This is my cry for love
That will go unseen
For who could ever love
An awful waste like me?

This is my cry for friends
To help me off the ground
Friends are overrated--
They've always pushed me down

This is my cry for joy
I don't want to pretend
I'm sick of giving excuses
I want the s**t to end

This is my cry for help
I'm looking at the fall below me
I'm standing on the edge
I just can't do this anymore..

This is my cry for you
To help me beat this pain
To catch me before I fall
Into this sleep, this novocaine 

© 2011 Sharkapillar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

:)
Well, Rabbit,
sometimes it seems like everything is covered in poisonous thorns....like everything is corrupt and vile. hell, sometimes, everything is. lol!

I like the poem. it flows like a nursery rhyme, and hits like an atomic bomb!

But, don't let the b******s drag you down!
shrug em off and walk on!

and keep the good poetry coming!

Cheers!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed this alot. The darkness of your poems are just freaking awesome!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~LOVE!~

The title and ending is superb!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this. :) It flows well and it's totally relatable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


the word novocaine captured my attention because my close friends have all agreed that i get to the root of matters without the use of anaesthesia; you have also dug into the core or root of pain that seems to want to distance the discomfort from fears of being cast out or infecting another but still wishing to inflict another from falling into a numb state - needing connection.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A poem about a poem that seems almost self-confessional and then it goes into a more destructive like force bearing down on the writer calling out with a plea... It's very Shakespearean without all the fancy words (dramatic, stage presence, plus monologue = good old school).
Personally I'm not a big one of self-confessional narrations, but did find this one rather appealing in the structure, mainly in the first line in each stanza which starts as a repeating opening phrase with a differing subject to translate each of the next few lines... I find that to be a marvel within this poem along with the steady flow/beat.
Of course, along with any praise must come criticism, only in an effort to help and constructive to your means of writing... anywho, possibly the only word that was "exotic" within this poem was "novocaine" which sticks out like a sore thumb to speak figuratively... what the problem here is word-displacement (inappropriate placing), by using "everyday words" throughout the entire poem, you've created a distraction or unbalanced reaction to the ending by using an "exotic" term such as "novocaine"... One could reference as this being a good thing, but although keeping a flow is a primary objective within poetry, inappropriate word usage can also throw a poem off entirely. A possible ailment to remedy this is to pick up on more fancy words, like "adequate" or "reservoir" etc. and placing them about within your poems so that words that are appealing to your liking like "novocaine" become easily placed and flow along within the poem... Word Placement is a hard thing to get good at, it's more of a talent you'll grab with word variety and working hard at. I can't really recommend much more other than that...
Overall, I really enjoyed this ^_^ I'll definitely have to give this one a 98/100. Wonderful job and keep up the good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:)
Well, Rabbit,
sometimes it seems like everything is covered in poisonous thorns....like everything is corrupt and vile. hell, sometimes, everything is. lol!

I like the poem. it flows like a nursery rhyme, and hits like an atomic bomb!

But, don't let the b******s drag you down!
shrug em off and walk on!

and keep the good poetry coming!

Cheers!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stop writing about my life geeze. Be original and write about your own for once lol. This was awesome. A few errors through out the piece but thats alright. Some spots went a little off flow but over all the message of this poem really hit me because it is exactly what I am going through right now. I'm talking to this one girl on skype right now, I think you may know her very well. Shes who Im wishing for. Who Im hoping can answer my cries. Because to be honest. That girl is you. I'm here for you elli. I always will be.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 13, 2011

Author

Sharkapillar
Sharkapillar

Red-Light District



About
my name is Aoelaigh, I'm 18, and I haven't really used this website since I was younger and I don't really write anymore. All of the writing you'll find on here was from when I was young and desperate.. more..

Writing
For Him For Him

A Story by Sharkapillar


Acid Acid

A Poem by Sharkapillar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..