BENEATH THE MOUNTAIN: CHAPTER 3: robotWAY!!

BENEATH THE MOUNTAIN: CHAPTER 3: robotWAY!!

A Story by Vidushi Sharma
"

In continuation of BENEATH THE MOUNTAIN: CHAPTER 2 OH MY DARLING(13 YEARS BACK)

"

“what has come over this girl? I WILL BURN THIS LAPTOP OF HERS!”yelled Kavya’s mother.

“WHAT?” Kavya said irritated by constant disturbance caused by her mother in this early morning.

“ARE YOU LISTENING?” her mother Varkha called her father. “nobody in this house listens to me.like I’am some fool.”

“I have meeting and after that I’am leaving for agra.keep my bag ready.” announced her father after he had settled himself at breakfast table.

“are you paying attention to what I’am saying? This girl hasn’t slept whole night.she has been on that laptop constantly without a nap since yesterday evening. She doesn’t help, doesn’t eat, what ghost has got into her?” she complained.

“oh please! Its important.I’am due to a patient tomorrow and I have to be ready with preparations before it. Once its over, I’ll be sleeping whole night tonight.now cut it out.” Explained Kavya from her room.

Varkha brought pokoda’s from kitchen and milk to place it in front of her husband, Deepankar Bhardwaj.

“did you meet that boy that Bhai saab told?” she asked him.

“yes, I didn’t like him.” Said deepankar. “he was small in height and I didn’t like his job.bank manager? What is that?”

“arre but, you can’t marry your daughter to an I.A.S. they ask for crores of money.what is wrong with a bank manager?  ”

“whether something is wrong or not, I don’t like that boy.i will arrange crore from where ever I can, but I’am not marrying her to any riff-raff.” Announced deepankar with an ultimatum.

“This will go on till she crosses 30 and….”

“MOM” called Kavya, “Please you have your other daughter as well. Think of her and be kind to me, leave me in peace.”

She then stood up and closed the door of her room, muttering to herself ‘shaadi shaadi shaadi’.

Deepankar read headlines while eating breakfast and varkha  chopped vegetables with an angry expression.she eyed her husband who seemed perfectly at ease.he was very used to her temper tantrums.  

“no body in this house listens to me. I’am treated like a maid.” She muttred. “and these both daughter of yours, are like you only. I live in this house like a ghost all by myself.you go to your office and are on trips for days and days and Kavya, she stays whole day either in college or hospital.even  Swasti don’t pay any heed to my words. She is whole day on her cell.”

“this is life. Kids are growing up. They are successful, they have to work hard.”, deepankar tried to soothe her. He then got up ,took last gulp of milk and left for office. Driver had already taken his briefcase.

 

Kavya was studying the 3-D models of the nanorobots that were send by company from Germany.It was a mechanical robot based on bacterial model. Its head consisted of a miniature television camera that sended its signals to a receiver that was already installed to a screen in her office.it is from there that she will be controlling movement and action of nanorobot in blood vessels. Beside it, there were tiny pores, nano pores .These pores are large enough to allow small molecules such as oxygen, glucose, and insulin to pass, but are small enough to impede the passage of much larger immune system molecules such as immunoglobulins and graft-borne virus particles.It is from these pores that medication will be poured out once the cancerous cells are destroyed. This robot contained two tiny arms which contained tools to destroy cancer cells. 

Her cell buzzed.

 

 

Divya:

‘hey chick!

Wer r u? ’

Divya and she were friends since ninth class and were best friends since twelfth.Divya and she were poles apart, south pole and north pole and that is what brought them together. It is a common knowledge that unlike poles attract.

She replied :

‘at hme! Wer mit

Else I be?’

She waited for few seconds reading and rereading a single line of her report on working of nanorobot.She hasn’t yet told divya about new sudden events that are happening in her not so happening life.

Divya:

‘hospital or college perhaps.

Nw cum on.meet me @ galaxy.be quick!’

Now what was upto her? Kavya wondered. She is always wild.

‘its Friday, u not in

Office?’

For next few seconds she played with a parker pen , moving it round about.

Divya:

‘I m on half day leave.

I dnt hav much tym.

Just meet me now in 1hr.

I have a news!’

 Kavya thought for a while and then replied:

‘so u finally getting married?

Are u??                       

Lucky Aunty! She will get

Soon rid f u! :P’

Divya:

‘yaa! U guessed it?

Wanna tell u loads!

I met the guy.

Meet me now!’

 Kavya replied:

‘k. in 1hr.’

She then closed her laptop after saving the documents and went straight to bath.

 

 

© 2013 Vidushi Sharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013
Tags: Nanorobots, indian mothers

Author

Vidushi Sharma
Vidushi Sharma

Jaipur, India



About
I wanted to be a writer but was held back by some forces. Here i am, giving all wings to my dreams, fantasies and thoughts. more..

Writing