BENEATH THE MOUNTAIN: CHAPTER 4 I have a hero. do you?

BENEATH THE MOUNTAIN: CHAPTER 4 I have a hero. do you?

A Story by Vidushi Sharma
"

In continuation to...BENEATH THE MOUNTAIN :CHAPTER 3 robotWAY!

"

“Advey gupta, dad met him first.he works in my mausaji’s  office.Both dad and mausaji liked him.”

“what qualification he has?” enquired Kavya. It is always not easy to approve of a guy for your best friend.

“IT B.tech from IIIT Hyderabad. Did additional MBA. Earns eighty thousand around. ” told divya.Kavya considered it for a minute.

“so mom approved?”

“yes, I like him too. He is handsome and has a very nice family background and a big flat already in NCR all by himself.”

Kavya took a sip of cold coffee . “looks! Yes, but what about nature? Did you talk to him?”

“hmm, I did.he sounded decent, nice and understanding.”

Somehow, Kavya was not very happy about the news. She had no idea why.But divya was well used to her non overwhelming reactions. She had lost the spark that she use to have long back.

Divya continued:

“we talked for a while, trying to figure each other out. He asked me what sort of husband I would like to have. Whether I had any serious past relationship? And his mother was like, what all you know in kitchen? As if I’ll really go and cook chapatis in their kitchen?”

Kavya gave her a ‘what are you talking about’ look.

“maid. I’ll keep maid. I’am not a fool that I’ll work 8 to 9 hours a day in office like her son and then get back home and cook for him while he rests.

So the rest of the things she asked me whether I know or not, stiching, painting, weaving etc etc, I told her I don’t know.” Divya grinned at last part.

“you’ll be such a wicked daughter-in-law. I bet! Poor old lady!” mocked Kavya.

Divya laughed. “hello! What her son needs most, I have it.isn’t that enough? 2 weeks from now, I’ll be engaged. And marriage in November.”

“holy! So late? Eight months?”

“yeah, he has some france trip in june.we can’t marry then. After it, monsoon starts. So it all comes down to November. So young lady, these eight months are only left for you to have fun with your best friend!”  divya  announced.

“ok, did you ask about his past relationships?” asked Kavya.

“no, why do I need to know about his past relationships? they ofcourse didn’t work out that’s why he is marrying me.”

They both sipped coffee in silence. Kavya looked over divya’s shoulder, thinking something.She was reading and rereading the names of the showrooms and wondering…

‘Pure pleasure…’ ‘Landscape…’ ‘Pizza Hut…’ ‘Moonlight…’ ‘sagar Ratna…’

It meant gem in ocean.ocean is deep, calm ,serene,pure, full of wonders (Ratna), blue and blue was her favourite colour. She wished she could live like a mermaid in ocean, in ocean.

Divya interrupted her trail of thoughts.“so what are you doing these days?”

“I’am treating cancer of Ridhaan Vashisht’s mother.” She said flatly expecting a bump.

Divya jumped in her seat.She stared at Kavya wide eyed.

“are you joking? Ridhaan Vashisht? Same one?”

“yes, the very same.”

“you met him? Don’t tell me! I mean….” Divya was going over herself.

“chill! its no big deal.i met him and his father, we only talked about his mother’s treatment. That’s it.” And Kavya knew that not a part of it was true because she is not chilled out by it, it is a very big deal to her and they both did talk a bit about things other than his mother’s treatment.

Divya eyed her.“so you treating his mother? She has cancer.” She said to herself.

“is he still same? In looks?”

“smarter.”

Divya looked at her as if trying to read her mind. “you know what , I know you from very long time. You can’t lie to me. You still like him.”

“and what makes you say that?” Kavya looked at her friend questioningly.

“you have liked him all along.your eyes say that.”

Kavya looked away.divya continued.

“you don’t say a thing now because you are scared of me.I know. But then if that’s not the case, just tell me , why you never said yes to any guy even after the time you spoke to him last?”

“I don’t care. I didn’t want to. Its all a waste of time.”

“shut up! A person like you, so very mast maula, started working and studying like a mad woman.You withdrew yourself from even your friends.Just tell me when was it that you spoke to lakshya last time?”

“last year when he got married.”

“now listen, you don’t have to ruin yourself because of him.He never cared about you that’s why in all these years he never even contacted you.You mattered next to nothing to him.and I beg your pardon, you are better than him in every way.”

“its ok. It doesn’t even matter. I’ll treat his mother.it is just the matter of few months and then I will never be seeing him again.and he won’t be even hanging around much when I treat his mother.His father will be there. ” Kavya shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

© 2013 Vidushi Sharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013
Tags: Friendship, lost love, marriage

Author

Vidushi Sharma
Vidushi Sharma

Jaipur, India



About
I wanted to be a writer but was held back by some forces. Here i am, giving all wings to my dreams, fantasies and thoughts. more..

Writing