Must sees in Jakarta, Indonesia

Must sees in Jakarta, Indonesia

A Story by Beatrice Sharp
"

The central tourist attractions are located in the center of the city. Westhill Consulting Travel & Tours Singapore provides you with useful information of must sees in Jakarta, Indonesia

"

The central tourist attractions are located in the center of the city. Westhill Consulting Travel & Tours Singapore provides you with useful information of must sees in Jakarta, Indonesia



Kota district is the centre of old Batavia. It is the tourist hub of Jakarta.  The focal action is centered in the historic Taman Fatahillah, a paved square that looks like it came from another era.  If you visit the old port area, Sunda Kelapa, you can see the schooners returning from the high seas to trade their exotic spices.  It is a picture immortalized in Joseph Conrad evocative descriptions.  Jakarta’s most unforeseen attractions is the vibrantly painted sailing ships are.



The Maritime Museum, is situated in Sunda Kelapa.  A warehouse for the Dutch is now home to the maritime museum but not until the 19th century.  The various adventures at sea was brought to life by the model boats and faded sepia photos, it  includes the voyage to Jakarta from Europe via Aden.  You can take in the spectacular views of the surroundings from the old watchtower.



From Indonesia and Southeast Asia, the Puppet Museum is a treasure house of puppets. You can witness an attention-grabbing collection of traditional Indonesian puppets like wayang kulit and wayang golek.  You can enjoy puppet shows, which are a regular feature of the museum.



Jakarta’s most famous landmark, towering over Merdeka Square, is the National Monument (Monas). This imposing monument is a symbol of Indonesia’s independence and strength. The monument is 132 meters tall and topped with 35 kilograms of gold. The Freedom Hall represents Indonesia’s fight for independence through a succession of dioramas.  Take an elevator to the observation platform and to have a bird’s-eye view of the cityscape.  At the base of the National Monument is the National Museum.



National Museum is Jakarta’s most impressive museum, the National Museum presents fascinating flashbacks into the history of the city and Indonesia.  There are early Chinese ceramics, pieces culled from Java’s myriad temples and a bronze elephant that was gifted to the museum by the King of Thailand as exhibits.



For More Information Visit us at:



Experience the Indonesia’s rich cultural heritage at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, a sprawling 100-hectare park in Jakarta is an exciting diversion.  Each of Indonesia’s provinces has pavilions with displays of regional handicrafts and clothing.  There is a huge ‘lagoon’ where you can roam around the islands of this archipelago.  You can also take in a bird’s eye view from the cable cars.  What's more, there are museums, theatres, restaurants and a bird park with a walk-in aviary.



Ragunan Zoo is located 16 km south of the city centre in the Pasar Minggu area.  The zoo is home to approximately 4000 animals, like the well-known Komodo dragons. The formidable Java tigers are a further highlight of this park. You can spend hours just wandering around the extensive parklands, rainforests, and a landscaped lake.



This stunning Old Dutch quarter, Taman Fatahillah, is home to some old and ancient monuments.  This is a grand place to view some remarkable colonial architecture.  The focal attractions here are the oldest church in Jakarta, the Gereja Sion and Si Jagur, the cannon which symbolized fertility.

 

 

© 2014 Beatrice Sharp


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 14, 2014
Tags: Must sees in Jakarta, Indonesia, Westhill Consulting Travel Artic