Four

Four

A Chapter by W0lf-tale

Four.

I drive for an hour before I pull into a hotel. The pain was now apart of whom I was, it was going numb and I needed to sort it out.
I go to the front desk.

‘Hi, can I have a room please?’ I say.

The man behind the desk nods, he wears a suit and has dark hair. His eyes are also dark, they’re nearly a navy colour. He probably isn’t a man, just a boy, his face is too young. 
He looks about eighteen, maybe older.

‘Name?’

‘Gwen’ I say, my next move better be smarter.

‘Last name?’

‘Farret’ he writes this down and hands me over a card.

‘You’re on floor four, room twenty-nine’ I take it and I thank the man, I hand over some money.

I turn but before I can go, the man speaks.

‘Your shoulder! It’s bleeding’ he exclaims.

‘Oh, damn. Forgot about that. It’s fine, just some lunatic thought I was stealing his car, but I wasn’t’ I reply.

‘At least let me get a doctor to check it out’ he says.

I shake my head.

‘I’m qualified to get a bullet out my own body, thank you’ I didn’t mean it to sound so harsh.

‘Sorry, that came out rude. I just want to get to my room and stop the pain’ I sigh.

The man nods.

‘It’s fine, I hope you get better’ he speaks.

I thank him once again and run to the lift that’s just about to close. I slip in and apologise to the people in it.
Floor four has already been pressed.
So I wait.
We stop at two, and one person gets out.
We stop at three, and no one gets out.
We stop at four, five people and I get out.
I run to room twenty-nine, bumping into people now and again. I throw them a sorry and carry on running.
I stop at my door
 
Slip the card into the handle and push it open.
The room looks like the one in motel, a small room with a bed, a bathroom and a set of drawers, above a mirror.
I sling my bag onto the drawers and sit on the bed.
I pull off my shirt and look at my shoulder in the mirror.
There is a hole in my skin where the bullet went through, it’s swollen and blood is spilling out the wound quickly.
I look at myself.
My dirty, ash blonde hair and blue eyes are the same, yet now I am not the girl I was seven years ago.
When did my life become so troubled?
I wish I could cry, but I can’t.
 
I used all my tears on my mother.
I pull my fringe out my eyes with my good arm.
My face looks paler, I look closer. My eyes have turned dark and cold.
What’s happening to me?
The phone goes and I shoot round, I ignore it and sort out my shoulder.
I go to the bathroom and find a pair of tweezers. I wash them thoroughly.
I know this will hurt but I need to do it.
I got back to the mirror, and stand side ways. My bad arm facing the mirror.
I put the tweezers into my bullet wound and bite my lip to stop from screaming.
I pull it out and put it onto the drawers. I open them and pull out a first aid pack.
I clean myself up and place some healing cream onto it and then a plaster over the top.
I walk back to the bed and pull my shirt back over my head, I pull it down and the phone rings.
I sigh and answer it.

‘Gwen, someone is here for you?’ the voice says at the end, it’s the man at the counter.

‘Who are they?’ I ask.

I hear muttering at the end of the phone.

‘He says his name is Harrison’

I frown.

‘What colour hair has he got?’ I ask.

‘Blond’ he replies.

‘Don’t send him up. His name isn’t Harrison,’ I hung up and grab my bag.

I put the bullet into my pocket. I run out the room and down the hallway.
I go up the stairs until I reach the sixth floor; I see a room with a green sign over the top.
It’s empty.
I get a clip out from my hair and kneel down.
I start picking at the lock.
It opens and I jump up, I get into the room and shut the door behind me, I put the clip back into my hair.
I lean against the door and sigh. I’ll leave in the morning, but I need rest.  My eyelids are dropping. I walk to the bed and lay down.
 I pull out my gun and put the safety lock back on, I keep it in my hand as I drift off.


© 2012 W0lf-tale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012


Author

W0lf-tale
W0lf-tale

Essex, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my name is Jess. I love to write! J.K Rowling is my idol, along with Evanna Lynch, Demi Lovato and Emma Watson. I'm in love with them, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Matt Lewis, Ian.. more..

Writing
A Wallflower A Wallflower

A Story by W0lf-tale


1- Quentin 1- Quentin

A Chapter by W0lf-tale