Four

Four

A Chapter by W0lf-tale

Four
I feel like I am falling again, but I am still lying in bed. Sitting up, a white sheet falls off my face and slides down my body. I frown and peel it off. I twist myself round and touch my bare feet onto the cold, tiled floor. I look around; the room is white like the one from the first time I woke up. In the room there are more beds, I frown again. Each one has a person on them, a white sheet covering their body. I walk over to the nearest one and take it off. Underneath is Matt, the boy from this morning. I stare at his white pale face, what was going on? I place it back over him and move on to the bed next to him.
I pull the sheet off, under is Lis, the girl from breakfast, with her black raven hair, high cheekbones and, like Matt, pale white skin. I start to panic, but I move on to the third bed along.
I look underneath, it’s Millie, and like the rest of them, she has pale white skin. I don’t bother putting it back over her and I move to the next bed; Astrid, pale skin. The next one; mother, pale skin.
The next one; father, pale skin.
Then the last one; Dr. Samuel, pale skin.
Something wasn’t right, I knew it.
Without a second thought I run out of the room, still barefooted. I run and I run, until my feet bleed. I’m suddenly out of the hospital and in a forest, rose thorns scattered over the floor, each digging into my already bleeding feet.
I fall to the floor and cry. The thorns going into my skin, causing it to bleed more. The tears start to become silent and someone taps on my shoulder.
I turn; it’s all the people from the beds. My mother in front, looking down at me.
She takes my hand and pulls me up, smiling; she brushes a fallen strand of hair behind my ear.
     “Lana, you know what’s happened don’t you?”
I frown and shake my head; the smile fades from her face.
     “What is going on?” I look at each and every single one of them, their smiles also fading.
     “I can’t tell you, nor can they” she shifts her eyes slightly, indicating the people behind her. “You need to figure out for yourself. I can’t tell you anything, but you need to know, something has happened. You need to figure it out, otherwise you’ll lose yourself” she smiles and cups my face.
     “Isn’t it funny how easy it is to lose yourself, but so hard to find yourself again. Remember that, Lana. You will find yourself once you accept it”
I frown and she lets go of me.
     “Accept what?”
She laughs and shakes her head.
     “I can’t tell you. I wish I could, but I can’t. But, Lana, you need to hurry, otherwise losing yourself will be so normal to you”
     “How can I accept something that I don’t know exists” I cry.
She laces her fingers with mine.
     “You know it exists, you know what it is. You just can’t accept it. It’s here” She touches my forehead, her hand is cold. “Deep down, you know why you can’t remember anything, but you can’t admit it to yourself.”
I frown.
     “Why can’t I?”
She lets go of my hand.
     “Because when you do, everything will change. Weather it will change for the greater good, or because it has too, you’ll have to live with it” everyone’s smiles appear on their face. “Only you can decide. Only you can save yourself from the devil”
     “And who is the devil in this case?”
Mother lifts her finger and points behind me.
     “There they are”
I turn, behind me is a mirror, only my reflection shows. I look back round.
     “I don’t understand”
Mother smiles.
     “Sometimes, we think we want to lose our self, but we just want to be found.” I look back round at the mirror, and watch myself. I still didn’t understand, how could I be my own Satan, it was impossible
I turn back round and now, I stand alone in a forest that is slowly fading away.



© 2012 W0lf-tale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012


Author

W0lf-tale
W0lf-tale

Essex, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my name is Jess. I love to write! J.K Rowling is my idol, along with Evanna Lynch, Demi Lovato and Emma Watson. I'm in love with them, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Matt Lewis, Ian.. more..

Writing
A Wallflower A Wallflower

A Story by W0lf-tale


1- Quentin 1- Quentin

A Chapter by W0lf-tale