3- Jem

3- Jem

A Chapter by W0lf-tale

3.
Jem:

I hung up the phone to Q and just paced in my room, the new vodka bottle in my hand. I closed my eyes, I felt like chucking it across the room, I needed a friend, so I called Q, hoping he’d be supportive, but instead all he did was throw it back into my face. I fell to the floor and put my head in my hands, I cried and I cried. Making no attempt to stop myself. I had sunken low, lower then low and all I could do right then was cry. I was tired of crying, of yelling, of being sad, of being alone, of being angry, of needing help, of feeling worthless, of feeling empty inside, of wishing I could start all over, of dreaming of a life I will never have. But most of all I was tired of being tired.
     I needed to talk to someone though, Quentin was out of the question, he’d just tell me to call him in the morning. All I had left was Amy. I sat up, the bottle still in my hand, and left. I didn’t take anything with me apart from the vodka. I staggered down the streets at dawn, taking giant sips of alcohol as I went, until I arrived at her door. It was already opened when I got there, the lights were on and it was silent through the whole house. Almost too silent.
     “Amy? Are you there?” I pushed open the door and entered.
     The hall was long and at the end was her lounge. All I could see was her sofa and the light from her T.V flickering in the darkness of the room. I frowned and walked in further. The bottle still wrapped in my hand. I followed the way down until I arrived there; I walked in and looked left. An old fashioned, black and white film was on, I looked right and that’s when I saw her.
     She was lying on the ground, blood pouring from her chest, a gun to side of her, sitting in a large pool of red liquid. I dropped the vodka bottle and ran over to her. Amy’s eyes were open, they looked almost glass like, and they stared into nothing. I trailed my hand over her wound, the blood was fresh. I knelt down into the pools, not caring her blood was now on me. All I wanted to do was cradle her. I took her under her arms and lifted Amy up. I hung her over my arm and looked into her eyes. They were so dead, so cold and so un-human like. I looked at the gun, it was so familiar, that when it clicked into my drunken mind, I just wanted to run and run, never looking back. The gun that had killed Amy belonged to me. I looked at her, tears falling down my cheeks.
     “I’m so sorry. If I had reported that robbery, you might be alive right now,” I said, rocking her back and forth. “This is my entire fault. I’ve grow up into a total idiot. The drink controlled me and my actions. It shouldn’t have, I’m sorry, Amy. I really am. I’ll prove to you that I’m a good man, I’ll turn my life around like you told me too. I know that won’t bring you back, but I just hope you’ll know; I really am sorry.”
 
     I put her back down and left. I ran home, leaving the door wide open, hoping someone will find her and call the police. I just didn’t have the heart to, I didn’t trust them. They’d probably tell me to shove off or tell me to stop drunk calling them like they did all those years ago.
     So I ran, but I looked back. To this day I do and to this day I realize I should’ve called the emergency services when I saw her body, and maybe if I did, I wouldn’t have been in such a mess
.



© 2013 W0lf-tale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013


Author

W0lf-tale
W0lf-tale

Essex, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my name is Jess. I love to write! J.K Rowling is my idol, along with Evanna Lynch, Demi Lovato and Emma Watson. I'm in love with them, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Matt Lewis, Ian.. more..

Writing
A Wallflower A Wallflower

A Story by W0lf-tale


1- Quentin 1- Quentin

A Chapter by W0lf-tale