Flashback

Flashback

A Chapter by sheets
"

Getting Prepared for three babies.

"

Flashback

 

     Let me take you back to November 2008. The sun was shining on another cold day in Cleveland. The wind was brisk, and I just sold a huge account. My wife was working full time and we could have steak whenever and wherever we wanted. I was a sales rep and my wife a nurse. We had a fifteen month old daughter, who was walking a talking. Things couldn't have been going better for us.

 

     My phone rang and it was my wife letting me know, "the ultrasound appointment was going to be at two o'clock." "No problem my love, I'll see you there. Tell emerson," that my oldest,"tell her I said hi."

 

     We pulled into the doctors parking lot at the same time waving at each other. I ran up and took emerson from the back seat, tickling her neck to get a laugh out of her, and it worked.

 

     We strolled upstairs where we waited to see the little baby growing inside mommy's tummy. My daughter ran around a coffee table that had three year old Parenting and Ladies Home Journal magazines on it. I walked my wife through the journey of my sales presentation. She really wasn't interested, but looked like she was trying to be.

 

     As the nurse opened the door she notified us,"that it was our turn to see the doctor." My wife works for the hospital that we were at. So, she knew our doctor very well. Our doctor was an upbeat, happy, and very friendly person. The kind of person that you didn't mind laying on bed, raising your legs for? Well, not me, but the average women.

 

     I was dressed that day in very expensive black suit, freshly shined shoes, and a Cashmere overcoat. I had to look good, not only to see my wife, but also my future client. I held my daughters hand as we got into the room and started feeding her cheetos for a snack. Just to keep her occupied, while my wife was, well you know.

 

     The doctor entered the room with a warm smile on her face and greeted us with firm handshakes. She even gave emerson one too. She had my wife lay on her back and assume the position. She took out this wand and placed a condom and some lube onto it. If your a female or if you're a male and have been with your significant other at these appointments, then you know The Wand.

 

     The doctor begins the insertion of The Wand and the second it entered into my wife's womb, or uterus, or wherever it went? There it was. Not one. Not two. But, Three little eggs. My wife's jaw dropped. My blood pressure spiked. My daughters soggy half eaten cheetoh, landed on my freshly shined shoe.

 

     Our doctor started to laugh outloud and had to excuse herself from the room. "I'll give you guys a minute." She said as she slammed the door. I could hear her chuckling in the hallway. My wife and I just sat there staring at each other. Not knowing what to say, except for,"Three?" Emerson was nice enough to break the silence with a cry out for candy.

    

 

    

    

    

    

    



© 2010 sheets


Author's Note

sheets
I hope that you all enjoy my journey.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2010


Author

sheets
sheets

cleveland, OH



About
I am a casual writer. I write simply because it relaxes me. more..

Writing
NICU Nights NICU Nights

A Book by sheets


NICU Nights NICU Nights

A Chapter by sheets


Life Changes Life Changes

A Chapter by sheets