Life Changes

Life Changes

A Chapter by sheets
"

This chapter covers what ended up happening to me, other than finding out about the triplets.

"

Job Situation

 

     Two months had sinced past since we found out about the triplets that would be arriving in April. The freezing cold weather was still upon us. I was driving from Cleveland to Erie,PA atleast once a week. The ride took me just about two hours each way. So, I had alot of time on my hands to do some power thinking. Also, some in-car karaoke. Which I must say myself,"I'm pretty good."

 

     I think that I was singing some Kenny Chesney song when my phone rang. I looked at the caller id screen and seen that it was my manager. "Hey, Chris. What's up?" I said cheery as I could muster up. After all he did interupt the main chorus of the song. "Where are you?" He asked. "Well, I'm halfway to Erie. What do you need?" I replied. "I need you to come back into the office." That was all he said. I flipped the phone closed and placed it back onto the passengers seat.

 

     I knew something wasn't good when I showed up back at the office. Two new guys he had just hired were back also. Neither one of them looked like they had a clue as to what was about to happen. But, deep down, I could feel it.

 

     He asked us to join him in office. The HR Director was sitting in the corner, looking like she was just a fly on the wall. She had folders on her lap. I knew what those folders had in them. My manager was sitting in the plush leather seat behind a huge oak desk. An oak desk that I just helped him and two other people carry into the office. I was sitting on a metal folding chair. Evidentally, he had forgotton to order the guests seats.

 

     He started, "Let me begin by letting you guys know that Corporate has decided to make some changes Nationwide to save on costs." My heart skipped a beat. I just blinked very slowly and sat motionless. He continued, "We as a Company have decided, that we, would be letting everyone, who has been with us less than a year in the sales department, go."

 

     I didn't say anything. One of the other guys blew a rod. He started yelling and flaling around. It was quit a scene. I still said nothing until I was alone in my former office. I looked at the wall as I waited for them to bring paperwork to me that I had to sign off on. "What am I suppose to do now?" I said this outloud to the cubical.

 

     There was no good way to look at the situation. I packed my bag and was escorted off the property by the police. That was the longest ride home that I have ever taken. Or, so atleast I thought.

 

     I called my wife, cleared the lumps from my throat and broke the news to her. She was very understanding and supportive. She understood that there was nothing that I could've done differently. After all these were the times that we were living in.

 

     If you've ever been in this situation yourself? Remember that feeling of being so alone in the world. Even with all the cars passing you on the road, the people walking on the sidewalks, and the radio playing over the speakers. Even with all of that, you feel like there is nobody else but you. If you've been in sales you also understand that it's very difficult to be successful. The key is longevity. The longer you stay with a Company, eventually things start being thrown your way. And, for me. This was not going to be the case.

 

     A couple of weeks later I had started another sales job, at another company and the outcome would be much the same. Except of course it wasn't the police who walked me off the property. It was a Deputy Sheriff.



© 2010 sheets


Author's Note

sheets
Thank you for taking the time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very real situation that most of us who are in sales go through at some stage. Learn from it. Grow stronger.

You write in a very authentic manner. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2010


Author

sheets
sheets

cleveland, OH



About
I am a casual writer. I write simply because it relaxes me. more..

Writing
NICU Nights NICU Nights

A Book by sheets


NICU Nights NICU Nights

A Chapter by sheets


Flashback Flashback

A Chapter by sheets