The Distorted Truth

The Distorted Truth

A Poem by shewrites

What a beautiful relationship, a great team- you and me. You hate me; living to kill me, living to terrorize me. You rip me open, tear me apart. You cut my insides and slice out my heart. Suffocating, beating and bruising.With all you do, your words leave a lingering sting. A sting of disapproval,a sting of pure hate. You tell me, how to be whole. How to be complete.. The memory is unsettling, when I come to remember what I did for you. You were my best friend. My secret enemy. Yet I protected you. I lied for you. Even sought after you. Through all the lies you made me believe, Why did i believe? I always came running back. Feeling so weak. I slide into old routine, protecting you and me. Playing your game, to undo my mistakes. I was constant to take in your abuse. My mind became a harbor, just for you. Till One day, I realized you weren’t My friend. You weren’t Here to comfort me. You weren’t here to fix me. You didn’t want to make me happy. You fed me lies, forced me to believe. I knew that we could no longer be. I needed to be free, you took that away from me. So I Turned away from the only thing i knew. What for so long; felt like truth. But you held on, like chains upon my feet. Gnawing at me. Begging for me to come back. You make promises, just like old times. I don’t listen. You scream insults, trying to make me bleed. You say you can bandage me, you can fix me. But I now know, your only here to hurt me.

© 2011 shewrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gosh, the ache of finding out a friend who is only using you.. losing trust from a close friend is hard. I know how that feels. And well, sometimes not every person we meet and become friends with are meant to stay in our lives. There's some who are meant to be let go. I can relate to this piece. And it breaks my heart because of how close it is to me. Though I realized, you'll know your true friends in difficult times.. the ones who stay by you through everything is your true friend. =) Very nice poem! Nice job. =D The emotions are very well expressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
1 Review
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011

Author

shewrites
shewrites

Grantsville, UT



About
I have such a love for poetry. Writing poetry has been such a help and escape in my life. My writings are generally about my depression, eating disorder and addiction. more..

Writing