All About

All About

A Poem by Shondell
"

What does your life mean? Is your self worth in material things?

"

It's not about the diamonds on your necklace.

When times get hard will you act reckless?

It's not about your name brand shoes.

So many choices, which one will you choose?

All you care about is your new dress.

Spiritual enclinement is when you're at your best.

Get your mind off those eighty dollar jeans.

Be protected by God's love by all means.

Don't just be happy when you've got money.

Life's shocking without the milk and honey.

You're depressed because you don't have enough for the retail.

God's love is free, he has nothing on sale.

© 2008 Shondell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

WONDERFUL SENTIMENT! I FOUND THIS PIECE SPIRITUALLY ENTICING!
GREAT WRITE!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I agree with Anima Inspired. yes this is a beautiful poem and to me well written. and you have captured or told the truth about how people do get caught up in the luxuries of life. we need to focus on more of GOD,and not our selves. GO GIRL you got it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great sentiment...there are too many people who are simply caught up in the "luxuries" of the world that we live in today, where everything is so "easy" to get...but these "easy" things aren't the things that matter, rather it is our innerselves and our spirituality that is what will truly carry us through our lives. You've done a great job at "showing" us what you want us to see; great imagery.

Structurally, this was pretty good...the rhyme scheme is nice, as you've used a lot of rhyme's that are quite original. A couple of the lines did seem a little forced, particularly lines 6 and 11, but overall, this was quite nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so beautiful!
I'm a man that treasures his relationship with God, and reading these captivating words you've written put a smile on my face and they felt like a cool breeze upon my spirit!

Bravo!

-Marvin Lewis




Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so beautiful!
I'm a man that treasures his relationship with God and reading these captivating words you've written put a smile on my face and felt like a cool breeze upon my spirit!

Bravo!

-Marvin Lewis




Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2008

Author

Shondell
Shondell

Williamsburg, VA



About
Well I'm a nice down to earth person. I love to read, write poetry, and surf the internet. I'm an author now! My book is available online. Its still in work in progress as far as being marketed. My bo.. more..

Writing
God's There God's There

A Poem by Shondell


 Weak Fate Weak Fate

A Poem by Shondell


The New Guy The New Guy

A Poem by Shondell



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..