and the night was over

and the night was over

A Story by Quinn...
"

short story

"

                                                     

  I spent the first few hours of my day sitting on my bed crying, not because I had lost someone so dear to me but because I was now alone. There’s a huge difference between the two situations.

 it was only a matter of hours, minutes, seconds and poof! like the wind. GONE!

The door swung open slowly and I turned around to see who had finally found me.

Turned out to be just the wind... the loneliness set in.

A small part of me was expecting to see her. But there I was, faced with the empty entrance, empty house, empty heart.

So many things moved me to just give up, to just let go, it wouldn’t be so bad to meet her again, would it? But I decided to hold on. Not for something, but for someone. Josef Adoga.

The doorbell rang. Maybe someone had finally come for me. I stood facing the door and before I could reach out for it, the doorbell rang again. Eager to see who it was I pulled the door open.

The flame consumed me. The flame consumed my entire house.  The expensive wooden floors and furniture, up in flames. Everything I had worked for just  went up in flames... including me.

I too was gone. Gone to meet my mother, that was practically the only consolation to my death. I had left Josef. Without even as much as a goodbye or one last glance.

I hadn’t accomplished much in my short life. No kids, no husband, no family. All I had was an average paying job as a T.V presenter and long term boyfriend, Josef.

not much to show the world. not much to prove my worth.

I was faced with the white light, after death literally knocked on the door. i stood without knowing what to do. if I'm to walk towards the light, or wait for some guardian angel or helping hand, but nothing came so I started walking towards the white light.

was heaven as i always imagined it? the ''all white'' party that goes on forever?  or some formal ''white themed'' dinner? white glittering gates? clouds? angels?

A simple door, that's all I could see.

finding courage, I placed my left hand on the door, and I began to hear my name faintly being called like a whisper.

''Dawn... Dawn..''

it sounded as though it was coming from behind the door. So i turned the knob.

Then i opened my eyes.

   I glanced around my room, from the air conditioner to the flat screen T.V and finally... Josef's sleepy gaze.

the night was over.

                       -sialadi

© 2018 Quinn...


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on March 1, 2018
Last Updated on March 1, 2018

Author

Quinn...
Quinn...

abuja, Nigeria



About
fun, interesting and crazy more..