Light and Dark : Awakening

Light and Dark : Awakening

A Story by Sid

“No, I think I should leave!” she replied visibly scared.


“Stay!” he said in a commanding voice that reverberated through the church.


Frightened beyond all hope she fell to her knees and pleaded, “Please mister, I don’t know what you want from me but just let me go and I swear I will be a good girl.”


“You know Angeal, it is time for you to wake up! You have been asleep long enough, my friend!” he said concerned as he ignored her plea.


“You mean this is a dream too?” she said even as tears streamed down her face.


“No it’s not a dream, it’s a cage and I am the key. I have finally found you after all these years and we need you now.”


She seemed even more flustered as she couldn't make out the meaning of anything he said but she stayed rooted to the spot as something inside her wouldn't let her leave.


“I’m sorry if I scared you child but it was not my intention; I just needed to confirm if you were indeed the right person and now that I have confirmed it that let me explain what it is that I’m doing here and how it is that you are involved,” he reached out with his hand and pulled her gently on her feet.


He then wiped off the tears from her eyes, looked straight in her eyes and said, “You are a vessel child, a cage designed to keep him locked in for his sin was that he saved a demon like me and gave me emotions. He gave me these features so humans could better understand me but the he couldn't take the cold out of my eyes for I was a demon for a long time before my rebirth. The fight you saw was not from a physical distance but a mental one as part of his power was released through you to counter the evil that appeared and that fight was just a prelude to a future deluge. Blood will rain - angel blood, if he isn't freed and that is why I have returned; to return the favor I owe him and to awaken him from his slumber. But don’t you worry you will always be there with him as his bond to humanity.”


He reached out and touched the back of her neck and a symbol lit up; the symbol of the Ouroboros (a serpent eating its own tail) burned at the nape of her neck. The symbol stood for the cyclical nature of life and death and it signified rebirth. The child began to glow with a bright red light and floated into the air and her expression softened as the warmth from the light engulfed her and she heard his voice.


“Don’t worry my child for you are important to me now even though your earlier purpose was that of a cage. I care for you and I will never let any harm come to you; rest assured that I will be your savior and I will be your salvation,” and with that he rose even as the painted man looked on. The light that engulfed him turned into bright feathered wings and the little girl’s hair tuned blood red as he floated in the sky in all the majestic light.

© 2013 Sid


Author's Note

Sid
Written for the Continue the story 5 contest and as an exercise because I haven't written anything in a long time. By the way GDMonster, hope this is what you were looking for!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, I would make it more easy to understand, if you did then.your chance of winning. Would be higher besides that its good.

-GDM

Posted 10 Years Ago


very nice write and concept...the section at the end is a bit confusing ,did you introduce the painted man and the other in the cage? his voice is a bit confusing as to who is speaking?...IMHO..?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sid

10 Years Ago

Oh, it's actually a continuation of the story with 5 chapters already there. They were written by 5 .. read more
Larry Dyson

10 Years Ago

Yes, you and I are the only ones so far to write a sixth chapter...mine is posted now...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

389 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013

Author

Sid
Sid

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sid