The Artists of Life

The Artists of Life

A Story by siddhartha288
"

You cannot fashion the world without first cracking a few eggs, skulls, bones and limits. I've pondered this plenty.

"
You cannot fashion the world without first cracking a few eggs, skulls, bones and limits. I've pondered this plenty. Destruction can be brutal but it does make way for creation. Some might say creation can be brutal but they would be misinformed and uninspired.

When one admires a painting or any other work of art there are a myriad of conclusions one can come to. Do the colors represent madness? Do the brushstrokes mimic life's disappointments? Perhaps the artist drove himself crazy while creating it. Perhaps the artist drove others crazy while creating it. Perhaps all possibilities are valid.

I tend to agree with my own perspective; whatever it may be. I have no reason to fall for juxtaposed anecdotes. Most days I sit around the house with a pen in one hand and a dictionary in the other. Most definitions do not speak to me. I speak to them.

Before feast must come famine. I heard that in a movie once. I forget which movie but it involved a struggling artist and an egotistical womanizer. I must admit for a minute there I was rooting for the womanizer. Not because of all the sex he had but because of how honest he was with himself.

There seems to be a shortage of truly honest people. I used to think honesty was overrated but now I believe we could use more of it. It is time to bring it back!

The next time you feel frustrated or irked please remind yourself that you are most likely in the midst of a personal destruction. And destruction only clears the way for more creation. We are forever growing and evolving.

Transformation is our birthright. A burdensome birthright but an important one nonetheless. One could even say... we are all insane artists. The artists of life.

© 2012 siddhartha288


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on July 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2012
Tags: artists, life, creation

Author

siddhartha288
siddhartha288

El Paso, TX



About
I read and write and write and read. I intend to do so for the foreseeable future. more..

Writing