The Infantry- Cain

The Infantry- Cain

A Story by MSY
"

This is the taking of Cain and the killing of his family. It's your basic government secret tail, except it explains some odd phenomena I've noticed over the years.

"

Atticus made a small motion. “Michael.” The man nearest to Genesis pulled a gun from beneath his tee shirt, flicking off the safety with a swift motion and pushing it to Genesis’ temple. Michael looked toward Atticus, waiting for the signal.  Atticus turned his head, nodding, before looking back at the Blau family. Michael pulled the trigger, a muffled pop sounding.  Genesis stumbled back, falling against the wall. The hole in the left side of his head had a small stream of smoke trailing from it.

Emalia cried out in anguish, clutching Lilith to her chest. Atticus looked down at the grimly, “Now, Cain. Come with us, and no one else will get hurt.” Cain frowned, looking down at the floor, then to his mother, and finally at Atticus. Cain stood, looking back at his mother. He turned on his heel and moved into the back of the house.  Atticus grimaced, his eyes searching Emalia’s face. “Where is he going?”

“Why does it matter?” she snapped, cradling Lilith’s face into her chest. Atticus sighed, opening his mouth to speak.

Cain emerged from the back of the house, gun aimed for Atticus. He fired a shot, the bullet burying itself in the floor by Atticus’ foot. The second shot burrowed its way through Payton, the male to the right of Atticus, chest. “Bad choice, Cain.” Atticus ran at the child, dodging the bullets. He rammed him into the doorframe. Gabriel  moved to aid his brother, but fell short after another muffled pop. Hope reached for Lilith and her mother.

Cain grunted beneath Atticus, trying to get the gun pointed at Atticus. Atticus laughed, pinning the child easily with one hand and reaching behind him for something. He revealed a small black case. “Get off,” Cain spat. Atticus threw his hand against Cain’s face, and then grabbed at the gun. He gripped it and tossed it into the back of the house. “Stop it, let me go.” Cain protested.

Atticus laughed grimly, opening the case and revealing a small syringe. He plucked it from its place, pushing Cain down with his knee while his free hand gripped the boy under his chin. Atticus moved skillfully, piercing Cain’s flesh with the needle and injected a clear liquid.

Cain struggles against him ceased slowly. Atticus stood, pulling Cain up by his arm and draping him over his shoulder. His eyes held a cold gleam in them. “On your knees.” he instructed.

Emalia did not moved, she kept her face in Lilith’s hair, a prayer escaping her lips. Hope whimpered, tapping her mother. “Michael.” he instructed.

Michael moved stiffly across the small space, grabbing Hope roughly by the hair and forcing her to her knees. He turned to Emalia, ripping the young girl from her and pulling her to the floor. “On the floor, ma’am.”

Emalia laughed, looking red-faced up at him. “Manners all of the sudden, Michael?” Michael sighed, turning away from her and pulling the trigger on Hope, then on Emalia.

“The girl, sir?”

“Bring her.” he glanced around at the scene, his nose wrinkling in disgust.

 

Cain’s eyes fluttered open, the pulsing florescent light bulbs over head moving in and out of focus.

© 2010 MSY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on June 22, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010

Author

MSY
MSY

Danger!, FL



About
fifteen. florida mco, but msy at heart. undiscovered not undeserving. notebooks. playlist. snap snap. scibble. techno. screamo. rap. classical. crunk. lounge. anti-twilight. friendly. airplanes... more..