Caring Animals

Caring Animals

A Story by silentwriter180

My cats always know when I'm not okay. 
Just the other day, I was sitting on the couch with my pen and pad, trying to write about something that really hurt. The memories were horrific, and I was having a very difficult time with it. I was stuck back in that world again, oblivious to what was happening around me at the moment, when suddenly one of my cats climbed onto my lap, crawled up my chest, and kissed my cheek with his cold wet nose. 

I came out of my current state, and looked at him. He had a very solemn look on his face and was purring. He very quietly meowed. Sounded as though there was a question mark at the end of that comment. I wiped away my tears, and told him I was okay. He stepped down off my chest and curled up in my lap. There was no way he was going to leave me alone. 
He knew I needed him.

© 2018 silentwriter180


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Top cat that....

I do believe animals, & pets in particular have an idea if we are okay, or not... not so sure about my brothers Tarantula tho..... Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


Neville

5 Years Ago

I was kidding about the spider.. I believe the rest tho..
silentwriter180

5 Years Ago

Made me smile, though. ;-)
Neville

5 Years Ago

win win then.. :)
I believe animals know when we need comfort. My cat does the same. When I am stressed-out. Give me a pawn massage and she rest on my chest. Thank you for sharing the wonderful poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


silentwriter180

5 Years Ago

It's amazing, isn't it. They are so bright and caring. They know.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

They are. I have my favorite fan near. My cat Sasha.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2018
Last Updated on September 17, 2018

Author

silentwriter180
silentwriter180

CA



About
If I had known grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first! Writer, quilter, wetsuit maker. Most of my writing is biological, and for my own healing. I also write poetry & fiction... more..

Writing