Lessons from a Six Year Old

Lessons from a Six Year Old

A Story by silentwriter180

Growing up in Hawaii, we were surrounded by flowers. My favorite was always the plumeria. We had these growing all over our farm and used them to make leis. Now that I'm here in California, the choices and the scents are different, but just as strong and delightful.


One of my younger sisters is a nanny for a family with two children. Both parents work, and don't have the time during the day to spend with their kids, so she was hired to do so. She told me about a walk that she was taking with the children, and the little girl was stopping to smell every flower that she came across, including ones that don't have any kind of scent at all. My sister said, "Kiki, those flowers don't smell." And the little girl responded, "Have you smelled every flower?" My sister said "No." And the girl said "Well the ones that you don't stop to smell are probably the ones that smell the best, so smell all the flowers!!"

© 2018 silentwriter180


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the way children think. They put a completely different and often innocent perspective on situations. Many a smile they can raise too. Nicely related.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


silentwriter180

5 Years Ago

They sure do have creative minds, that's for sure. So much innocence!
That kid is a genius... this is a great little story & I do so hope it is true, right down to the letter..coz I wanna smell em all too..................... Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
silentwriter180

5 Years Ago

Yes, it is a true story. My sister called me the next day to tell me about it and I thought it was a.. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

How wonderful is that... and yes, let's start sniffing, but quietly, otherwise everyone will think w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2018
Last Updated on September 22, 2018

Author

silentwriter180
silentwriter180

CA



About
If I had known grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first! Writer, quilter, wetsuit maker. Most of my writing is biological, and for my own healing. I also write poetry & fiction... more..

Writing