God is a Metaphor ... With All Due Respect

God is a Metaphor ... With All Due Respect

A Poem by Einstein Noodle

Image result for ethereal
God is a Metaphor
erupting with fingering phrases
glissando winds ripple limbs
frisson rises in all those places
dawn's sun breaks and swims 

how can i think what God is?

newly fallen snow, fresh kill 
heat steams wavering over
shaded rooms like  a poet's quill
enlighten corners like no other


how can i say who God is?


tuck and rolled white-red leather
the clouds lay cotton in the valleys and
in a faceless place the eyes are a trema
prickly pare cactus bleeds bended knees


how can i see where God is?


immovable and curdled milk senses
mixed in whiskeyrum tumblers 
ice hiccup clinking glass  ..... a 
frenetic lens
 ....and
stippled integrity ...and 
icy fingers probing the most difficult; 
forcing open brittle parchment
peering
loving parts i will not admit

God is a metaphor
With all due respect

© 2020 Einstein Noodle


Author's Note

Einstein Noodle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful deep dive of introspection, thoughts and words here E. "God is a Metaphor...With All Due Respect"- a knockout of a title! Exquisite language and great form with questions asked and answered-or not really... Maybe we are all metaphors. Loved this provocative poem E. Happy 2020!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

thanks Annette .. Happy and prosperous 2020 to you as well ... i try hard to find God ...most all th.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

4 Years Ago

Awwww- you are too good to me E.! Love reading your work and your many layers of thoughts. Gives my .. read more



Reviews


You just nailed poetry, so ya did sir... With all due respect … this is bloomin brilliant... period.

N :)))

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

Neville .... when you say such a thing i believe it .. with all humility .. thanks so much .. for th.. read more
Neville

4 Years Ago


It is said and it is true.. slainte mhath brother..
I'm a bit of a staunch atheist to be honest, and can agree to God being a metaphor, an abstract thought, an idea conjured up out of thin air by the ever expanding human mind. Even though our religions and gods are temporary(Remember there were all kinds of nature gods once upon a time before the advent of Christianity), this idea persists. We have had many societies without the invention of the wheel, but few without the invention of god. I think the concept of creating an all powerful(that being a paradoxical description btw) deity, (who is like a benevolent sky-daddy who watches our every action) has everything to do with the fear that a sentient life is bound to experience during its evolution. But with the tremendous intellectual progress that we're witnessing today, there has been a sharp shift, with more and more people realising that it isn't science which disproved the existence of god, it is the flawed idea of god that collapsed upon itself.

I understand that you're implying that god is everything and everywhere, but not only is that contradictory, it sounds like another diluted version of the original sky-daddy idea. If god is the energy that recycles through the universe, he/she/it hardly sounds like a deity to be revered, and more like a being that is ignorant of our existence(pretty lovecraftian).

I love the expressions in the poem, and the brilliant flow. I wish I'd have come up with --

"immovable and curdled milk senses
mixed in whiskeyrum tumblers 
ice hiccup clinking glass..... a 
frenetic lens
 ....and
stippled integrity ...and 
icy fingers probing the most difficult; 
forcing open brittle parchment
peering
loving parts i will not admit" ....
....sorry i was gonna go with just the first 2 lines of the last stanza, but the entire thing is so great ugh, I love it whole!! This is such a master piece, I can sense so clearly all the care and thought that went into every word. This is exactly why you're one of my 5 favorite writers on here(won't reveal the other 4 ha) and why I kept checking up on your page even during my sabbatical from the site.




Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

thank you Moon Daughter .. i am so happy and humbled to be read here and especially by those who vis.. read more
We all have our own ideas about God, and there are so many different faiths throughout the world who worship idols; not for me to disagree but ....
for myself God is the universal energy that supports everything on this lovely planet of ours, we are a part of the greater miracle and should feel humbled as such in that we draw strength and have the abilty if we wish to use it to help maintain the balance of all natural things.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

i don't think any of the great religions have argument with you about that Stella ... omnipresent, o.. read more
and - icy fingers probing the most difficult; - forcing open brittle parchment - peering - loving parts i will not admit.. .. God is a metaphor = With all due respect'

What a superb prolonged thought! Was more than doubtful when i began to read.. was prepared to feel upset, confused, offended. But, dear you, you' ve set your thoughts in front of you, not dissected them but, faced them and seen what is or.. more like, what i think you think it is. Thus: God in His unfathomable state is at the helm of everything good, gentle, kind, respectful, tolerant, realistic, patient, hopeful.. and more, so much more. if we believe the whole. even if we're not aware of its incredible complexity, we are what we were intended to be when we came from nowhere and faced Life. Perhaps?? How I respect your words, how i thank you for posting them.

Hope this isn't tainted by the mess left behind previously, not, NOT my doing. So sorry. Please delete the mess.

Posted 4 Years Ago


emmajoy

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your patience and am so sorry for the German problem you had to deal with. No.. read more
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

(((((((((((((((((((((Emma))))))))))))))))))))))) ;)
emmajoy

4 Years Ago

Waving, smiling
'God is a Metaphor...With All Due Respect'
Einstein Noodle,
Within the design of design of design..is how I felt when reading here. Your description is the reality of how we feel and why do we care. I think that the Spirit of of God speaks in, with, through in myriads of ways. Greatness and grandeur in life and nature and family, friends. How do we describe God? Really good question. Super poem which left identifying with your words. Bless you much.
Kathy

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

thank you Kathy! ... and God bless you too!
This makes God real, E! He’s not the white-haired, bearded old man we might’ve imagined in Sunday school. He’s everywhere and everything. Even when I see contradictions in nature (one animal killing another), I see not an evil or conflicted deity, but the blessing of a continued species and nature at work. Even when I’ve felt my faith has left me, I see evidence of Him in every living thing around me. An exceptional write, E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

R.E. .... yes yes and yes ... you have made me day with your words ... so happy and gratified this s.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
How appropriate I was
just praying to him and
I'm doing daily devotional
on forgiveness.


Beautiful God is
everywhere I loved
this 🙏💗👍

newly fallen snow, fresh kill
heat steams wavering over
shaded rooms like a poet's quill
enlighten corners like no other


Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

oh Benita .. i am so thrilled that this caught you at such an opportune time ... yes! i agree! God i.. read more
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend
I always appreciate your
input on things and enjoy
readin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1259 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 8, 2020
Last Updated on January 9, 2020

Author

Einstein Noodle
Einstein Noodle

Pork Rind, AK



About
This morning as I began to log in to WC, it occurred to me what an inspiring and comfortable place this has become for me. There are so many talented people sharing, encouraging, teaching and learni.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


BELIEVE BELIEVE

A Poem by Chris Shaw


Moon Beams Moon Beams

A Poem by wordman