Forlorn

Forlorn

A Poem by Einstein Noodle

Image result for forlorn art | Winters, Art, The collector

Forlorn
No Good Answer
She turned towards him


long soft Blood Hound ears
on his fallen dog face


He knew it instantly
the animal instinct to run 


(what are you thinking right now)



She said



high beam headlights struck 
his face a hard portrait
  

glow-light eyes            amber in                                        
green mossy ferns

                                       
recklessness weightless waving         
in touch along pink washboard tides


rippling furrowed, plowed brows
as deep brown forest fragrances go to musk


witching hour owl tunes up 
like Celtic chanting
for broken sparrows               and              



he runs.                        


11/8/2020
E.

© 2020 Einstein Noodle


Author's Note

Einstein Noodle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"long soft Blood Hound ears
on his fallen dog face"....perfect imagery...
And perfect title, pauses, ao much to read and understand between the written lines. Deer caught in the highbeams becomes hang dog running. He cannot answer her without repercussions which he cannot face. Been there (on the other side:)).... Doghouse imminent-ha! Well-penned my friend!


Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

Dear Annette! thank you for such a sensitive read on this one ... yeah .. easy to end up in the dog .. read more



Reviews

Kind of real...most males have so much trouble communicating feelings.
He can't find the words, gets so uncomfortable, he finally just runs.
And she is left, stunned, perplexed...
wondering what happened---
I am probably opposite of this...I have to gush.
you capture this moment in a capsule that we are engaged to swallow...
and feel a sense of understanding about ourselves, or those we know who
just "run"!

so well done here.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

thank you so much jacob ... yep .. well ... i ran ..more than once ;} but i still wonder if i am gro.. read more
Firstly - oh my goodness :) Wow...E, this is so damn emotionally intense, the execution (as always) is of sheer brilliant conveyance. I read your poetry and can guarantee there will be several pauses along the way. I too paused at the line "what are you thinking right now"...wondering what the reply would be as I ventured further into will they stay or won't they and the finale in this...what can I say...gave me goosebumps! Excellent E, truly so :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

awwwwwwwwww Ruth! you are so kind and generous with this review .. it almost makes me think i'm sump.. read more
this is a very deep thing poetically presented!!!
It often takes a 'man' not to turn and run but that isn't always the 'right' thing
At least that is what I consistently tell myself as I usually turn and run.
The 'high beams' and 'fallen dog face' is real good.
I've had lots of my little lovey things give me that super cute look.
Very enjoyable

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

thanks Dave ... love your honesty .. i'm a runner too ... sad to say ... it lends to too many what i.. read more
So much feeling injected in this. The tension is palpable. Most of us have experienced a similar scenario and you describe it so well. That feeling of fight or flight!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

yes! fight or flight ... the face of commitment can be a scary thing to behold :)))))))))))))))))))).. read more
There are times in life walking away is easier than discussing a difficult subject. That's unfortunate, but true. The photo you chose to accompany your words is so fitting. The heavy darkness falls on the scene and just when it seems there might be a resolution, he decides to take the easy way out and run. The staccato lines, the spacing, it all brings me to the scene. I wanted to reach out and pull him back into the room! Powerful poetry here, E. Excellent. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

Thank you Lydi! you joined me in this experience and felt it .. what more can we ask for as creative.. read more
why I'm left in a dark cold place? and why my heart feels so gloomy like winter winds... I can't but remember "Edward Scissor Hands" a ghost, someone different, someone fragile and has been carrying a big burden inside his heart. when someone like this, and when a day comes when he knows he will hear the unpleasant news from his love, his source of light, and that he must say goodbye... he will run, but run "lost", maybe for him it's much better than hearing a truth he can't accept, an rejection, or maybe on the other hand of the story it's much better to run away from everyone than facing their questions as they wait for answers from him, depression does that, it kills every cell of peace and will. it consumes Your power and leave You with nothing but fear and anxiety and lost. You've done a brilliant job painting the profound loneliness and lonesome, that's why it leaves the same powerful impact inside our hearts. well done dear Gene.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

thank you Light ..for all your insights .. there is loneliness there to be sure ;)
E.
One of my favs of yours, lovely poetic style that resonates even though laced with sadness.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

thank you so much Andrew .. i am so gratified this touched you .. you have such a strong sense of hu.. read more
I looked for a new poem Mr E and was delighted to find your pen had been busy. The title is strong. It hit me, but not as much as the posted image of that despairing soul sat on the edge of the bed with his head bowed low. There is wonderful poetic expression here of the look on his face. Clearly a most uncomfortable situation has arisen and a discussion is taking place. It appears to be heavy. I felt the weight of it but the he isn't much of a talker. I have often found that to be the case with men. They say little, but think much. With women it can be the other way round. The yin and yang at play. So what does this man do? He chooses to run rather than talk. If only there was better communication, it might solve a problem or two. I felt this one Mr E. Lovely to read you. You go deep and yet your words here are quite sparing. Forgive me if I am way off the mark, but that is how I interpetated your lines. How your lines made me feel. Have a wonderful day.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

how can you be wrong if it is how reading brought those feelings and thoughts to the forefront?! ;) .. read more
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

Love your poetry. Always a delight to read you :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2020
Last Updated on November 17, 2020

Author

Einstein Noodle
Einstein Noodle

Pork Rind, AK



About
This morning as I began to log in to WC, it occurred to me what an inspiring and comfortable place this has become for me. There are so many talented people sharing, encouraging, teaching and learni.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..