Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by argentum lumen

Insanity is getting to me. There’s no way out of here, no end in sight.  I can’t take it anymore. I know I’m not the guilty one but no one believes me. I’m simply the victim of my own gift. The people here believe I have paranoid schitzophrenia, but they are wrong.  But I’m getting ahead of myself so let me backtrack a little bit.

            My friend and me had a fight over some guy. We knew it was a stupid fight, but we were both too stubborn to admit we were wrong and apologize. I’d finally decided to give in and went back to my old friends apartment, only to find her dead. Blood stained the carpet and the transparent murderer stood before me with a malicious smile on his face.

            It was the same man we’d had an argument over several months ago. I suppose he died soon after or else the moonlight coming through the window would not shine through him as if he were a cloud of dust. When he saw me he smiled maliciously as if he were about to attack me, but instead of killing me, he framed me.

            I wasn’t in control of myself as I walked to the phone and called the police. I told them I was the murderer and where to come find me. Then I went over to my friends dead body and took the knife from her throat. “He made her commit suicide.” I thought in disgust, and wondered how we ever saw something in this awful man.

            The blood on my hands stung my palms as the sound of the police sirens grew closer and  police lights began to spill their light through the uncovered window and burnt my eyes. I stayed frozen to the spot, controlled from the inside. I couldn‘t scream. I couldn‘t move.  The malicious ghost laughed at me. He knew I’d be punished for what he did. I was caught and framed, and there was nothing I could do about it. Who would believe me if I said a ghost was a killer?



© 2011 argentum lumen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ray
That is an interesting prologue. You do capture the intensity of the moment ! Great Job ! Try to continue on the same track !

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ooh... Spooksy.
I like it! Good job!
Keep writing!
**Review**

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, tis was an amazing suspensefil start! i automatically hooked!
Maybe add some commas after your buts, and you tended to use that word alot in the 1st paragraph, but i guess there's nothing wrong with that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 14, 2011


Author

argentum lumen
argentum lumen

FL



About
I'm 26 and love to read and write. I heard of this site from one of my friends so I figured i'd give it a shot.Since my hiatus from writerscafe I've done a few trips to far off places, and I spent 1.. more..

Writing