Character Sheet -- Nathanial Tudor

Character Sheet -- Nathanial Tudor

A Story by William
"

Just somthing I rustled up for a contest

"

What is this character’s greatest flaw?

Flaws? Nathanial? Never. (Probably his arrogance.)

 

What do you know about this character that s/he would never admit?

He cried a lot, as a child. A lot. His nickname used to be “Whiner” for a reason.

 

What is this character’s greatest asset?

His slayer training. And his recklessness. You can’t hunt demons and dragons and the sort without some sort of insane streak.

 

Describe this character’s most embarrassing moment.

He would not and will not deign to remember it in detail, but it involved several consternated, bathing maidens, a bowl of stew, a gimpy leg and a very grumpy cat.

 

If this character could choose a different identity, who would s/he be?

He would probably be a starving artist who sells flowers on street corners to pretty women. (Pffft. Of course not. Why would he want to have a different identity when he loves himself so much?)

 

Does this character have a vice? Name it.

Himself. The fact that he can’t walk past a pool of water without checking his reflection.

 

What music does this character sing to himself when no one else is around?

Nathanial? Sing? Probably the Doom Song. “Doom doom doom doom doom, doom doom do DOOM, DOOOM doom do-doom…”

 

In what or whom does this character have the greatest faith?

His own ability.

 

Does this character have a favorite article of clothing? Favorite shoes?

He loves his sword, but that probably doesn’t count as an article of clothing. So, no.

 

What is this character’s secret wish?

To retire. Which won’t happen, since dragons and demons and drow (oh my!) don’t take any time off.

 

What is this character’s proudest achievement?

Surviving an unfortunate run-in with the Orc-King Grogarack. His left ear, however, has never recovered from nearly being parted with his head.

 

What is this character’s deepest regret?

Unbelievably gaudy as it is, the fact that he never settled down with the simple but lovely Scarlett, the only woman who he has ever truly liked (you heard me, liked) weighs heavily on his mind.

 

What is this character’s greatest fear?

Being forgotten.

 

Describe this character’s most devastating moment.

It happened in the dragon Yamask’s cave, when Nathanial was just a boy. He watched his best friend die a slow, fiery death, tortured by the dread beast. After witnessing this, he accepted his birthright as a slayer, and subsequently threw himself into the gory work.

 

What is this character’s greatest achievement?

The eventual avenging his best friend’s death through the slaying of the Dread Dragon Yamask.

 

Does this character have an obsession? Name it.

Yes. Duh. His appearance.

 

What is this character’s worst nightmare?

That he will die, and there will be no one to remember him, or his accomplishments.

 

Whom does this character most wish to please? Why?

His father. Because he didn’t please him at all while he was alive, and Nathanial can only hope now that his ghost isn’t too disappointed.

 

Describe this character’s mother.

An elfin wench of no consequence. She died soon after he was born.

 

Describe this character’s father.

The late ruler of the Slayers. In Nathanial’s own succinct (if unfeeling) words, “It was like he had that sword jammed down his spine before it ever actually happened.”

 

Describe this character’s bedroom. Include three cherished items.

His bedroom resides aboveground from the Slayer headquarters, in the city of Terim, in a snug little cottage that he has little time or thought for. His cherished items would be, in order of importance: his sword, his looking glass, and the claws of his greatest kill: the Dead--pardon me, Dread Dragon Yamask. Blah.

 

If this character had to live in seclusion for six months, what six items would s/he bring?

His sword, and five unruly demons. (For fun.)

 

Why is this character angry?

Why not?

 

What calms this character?

He likes to meditate quite a bit, but that’s hardly a good idea, since he already spends so much time in his own head.

 

Describe a recurring dream or nightmare this character might have.

Everyone forgets him. He rots in the ground. End of story.

 

List the circumstances over which this character has no control.

In his own mind, whether or not the wind will muss up his hair again. Beyond that, there’s not much.

 

What wakes this character in the middle of the night?

Nightmares. Of being forgotten. And rotting in the ground. Blah. Blah. Blah.

 

How would a stranger describe this character?

Since he doesn’t socialize much beyond the rare faerie, and spends most his time tracking down dangerous beasts, most “strangers” would only have an accurate description of how his sword feels in their gut. The rare bar wench, however, would probably gab on and on about his thick eyelashes, his pale skin, his lean and wiry physique. And, of course, he would encourage her to go on to explain his clever blue eyes and the perfectly cunning smirk to his finely shaped lips. (But that would all be hogwash.)

 

What does this character resolve to do differently every morning?

His hair.

 

Who depends on this character? Why?

He’d like to believe that most of the citizens of Armal and the surrounding territories rely on him for their safety, but he’d probably be fooling himself.

 

If this character knew s/he had exactly one month to live, what would s/he do?

Hint: it would involve a barmaid and several bales of hay.

 

How would a dear friend or relative describe this character?

Ridiculously rash, but unerringly loyal--once you got past the prickly exterior. But he has no dear friends, so this point is moot.

 

What is this character’s most noticeable physical attribute?

His stunningly good looks, of course. (Bah-ha-ha…)

 

What is this character hiding from him/herself?

His ivory comb. (Because he knows he spends too much time on his appearance as it is.)

 

Write one additional thing about your character.
This list is just the sort of thing he’d never approve of, but secretly enjoy reading.

 

 

Official Character Description
Boo-yah.

 

"Born into an ebon legacy--into a birthright that promises violent death and bloody-soaked horror and fulfills it with a gleeful pleasure--a near-death experience or two is a normal day in the job for Nathanial. It may be enjoyed--thanked, even, for the welcome break in the monotony.

 

Even for Slayers, this thinking is considered rash, even over-confident. As Nathanial is both, the collective “they” would be correct on each count. He might even agree, as he has had his fair share of problems from this mindset. Still, he can always be counted on for steady thinking and rational decisions when these situations arise.

 

The Slayers--not much can be said about them. Founded by Razan Tudor--Nathanial’s many times great-grandfather--and shrouded in mist, the entire group has always teetered between good and evil, treading on either side on very few occasions.

 

The headquarters are established in the small elfin town of Terim. Because all of the citizens are either Slayers or allies secrecy, a much-valued companion, is always near. The headquarters itself is a complex and convoluted combination of chasms and corridors, with clever tricks and complicated traps. The average attacker, the insiduous infiltrater could stand no chance of breaking into this bulwarked base.

 

The main purpose of the group is slaying. Appetizers are served up as dragons or giants, garnished with the occasional demon. Vermin, monsters and undead make up the main course and outsiders are for dessert.

 

Mostly classing as druids and sorcerers, with an assassin, rogue or fighter thrown in here or there, spell craft is a must. On the other hand, war craft is also a necessity, and cannot be overlooked. Nathanial, devotedly trained in both arts from a young age, possesses the intelligence and agility respectively to excel at both of these.

 

The task of ruling the Slayers is kept inside the line of the Tudors. Accepting no outside members, the Slayer legacy is passed through the family line, which is how this rash, arrogant elfin princeling became first-in-line to the metaphorical throne.

 

Nathanial: paranoid and shrewd, arrogant and self-assured--shockingly, this man is one of the Slayer's treasured elite. But though he is relatively young for an elfin man, he lacks no experience. What he cannot own in maturity, he makes up for in wit. Though he cannot claim humility, he proves himself worthy through pure cunning. Canny, wily, and sly, there can be no doubt that this man is indeed worthy of the title of Slayer."

© 2011 William


Author's Note

William
I never usually do these things, but it's for a contest, so blah. :D
Anyway, yeah. He's one of my "funner" characters to write...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like Alistair from Dragon Age with +7 Arrogance and -15 Charisma and a bit of a scale tip towards the dark side :O

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

817 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011

Author

William
William

Atco, NJ



About
Hello, my name is William and I'm a write-aholic. My first poem ever was written in January 2009, so I'm still pretty rough. Nothing is perfect, but I'm addicted to writing, and I do enjoy doing it.. more..

Writing
Lust Lust

A Poem by William


Asphyxia Asphyxia

A Poem by William