The opaque darkness is nothing but void

The opaque darkness is nothing but void

A Poem by C.B.
"

English Sonnet

"

The opaque darkness is nothing but void.

This space in my heart is where you belong.

I used ev’ry weapon; I lay destroyed,

Distraught, in this nothingness—I was wrong.

 

I’ve evaded saying this directly

I know it is one way to convince you.

I’ve evaded hearing that you agree

That we’re so over, so completely through.

 

The single rose has been hacked, torn to shred,

A tragedy—travesty, trashed and gone.

How could one dispose of true love, what dread

Awaits she who dismissed twilight for dawn?

 

What hell awaits she, so unsatisfied,

But that of lonely punishment for pride?

© 2009 C.B.


Author's Note

C.B.
It's not meant to be in iambic pentameter. It's a sonnet for its rhyme scheme and format/syllables.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


This is one of most daring & stylish piece of writing, i have to come back to read more of your work...thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Girl, if I didn't already know we were related, this would convince me that we have twin souls. Not identical, but fraternal. Sometimes I wish I had this ability of yours to stick to a format or rhyming scheme. In any case, this is a powerful write you've got here. The sentiments expressed in this piece I think are something many of us can relate to. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful, the rhymes, the scheme, everything. I found in particular the ending as the best part of this poem. Great writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2009

Author

C.B.
C.B.

MA



About
My name is Caroline, and I've been writing for about 10 years. I mainly focus on horror, but when I write it really depends on my mood. I'm not an angry or dark person, but I have thoughts which need .. more..

Writing
I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by C.B.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..