1 ~ A New Life

1 ~ A New Life

A Chapter by Felicity's Eve
"

For this girl, leaving home is the moment she's been anxiously waiting for. Although, it's not like anyone cares she's gone...

"
     I stand my ground as three guards walk towards me with a collar. This is normal for any Estius, except I'm just a little different.

     "Double the power needed for a teenager that's double the trouble."

     "I wonder why they're sending her out. Don't we need her skills here?"

     "Don't ask me. I'm sure that the counsel decreased the power of her Athvor, right? It'd be a shame if she transformed it in an unfamiliar environment and she couldn't handle the gun or whatever weapon she made it into," they sneer.

     No one is afraid to talk trash about me to my face. They should be, though, in my opinion.

     "You three know very well that I can handle any gun, any weapon, anytime," I growl.

     "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I can't believe we got the job of sending this brat off. Anyway, you ready, 5617?" one guard asks me as he hands me the thin leather collar.

     The tag reads, 'Ethan Cardwell' and has my name, in my case my number, underneath the letters.

     "Again with the number," I sigh halfheartedly. I have waited a long time for this moment. A long time to leave this place, this abuse, this reputation that I didn't earn myself.

     I put the collar around my neck and turn towards the massive door, which is already in the process of being unlocked. The door that leads to the other world; a human world. Some humans can see it, others can't. And some just need it to be shown to them.

     As I step through the doorway, I take one last look at my world. At the other Estiuses going about their daily lives, playing their instruments, cleaning their weapons. So peaceful and quaint. And I couldn't be happier to leave it.

     "Goodbye. As if any of you will care that I'm gone," I whisper as I step into the portal, closing my eyes to block out the white light.

                           ***                       
                             
     When I come to, I am in a meadow. A sodden one. Lightning flashes and rain pelts me relentlessly.


     And I had to come to Earth in this weather because...? I think in annoyance as I get to my hooves. Yes, my hooves.


     Ethan lives on a horse ranch. No wonder horse is my day form.


     Although I was hoping that I would be a barn cat or something. Something smaller so that I could complete my day work without a human having to lead me everywhere so that it's not suspicious.


     I shake out my soaked white mane and give a shrill whinny. On cue, a still-human Estius appears with a halter and lead rope in hand.


     I am about to open my mouth to speak but then I remember that in a day form, an Estius communicates a little differently.


     As soon as the man places a hand on my back, I send the 'mind message.'


     So, where am I staying until tomorrow?


     "I have a small stall you can use," he replies, fitting me with the halter and attaching the lead rope to it.


     "Were you fitted with the collar?" the man inquires as he begins to lead me away with an anti-demon pistol in hand. For safety precautions.


     Yes.


     "Very good. Now, remember. Your partner won't be able to see the collar until you reveal your night form to them and you won't be able to take a night form until your partner is ready for it. You will know when the time comes. Good luck and make sure you put on a good show. We're still rubbing it in the Elcoses faces that we have your power," the man smirks.


     Unless I join them, of course. They might treat me a little better, I counter, not caring that he looks a little shocked. One Elcos treated me better. But I can't think about that traitor now. I have a new life to begin. And it apparently starts tomorrow.



© 2013 Felicity's Eve


Author's Note

Felicity's Eve
Chapter 1...
Well, I hope that you enjoy this! And check out my other book, Casonia Book #1: The Heart of the She-Wolf if you'd like.
Starshine is set in modern day and I am having a ton of fun with it.
By the way, in the Casonia series, the romance is a bit more 'romance-y' (hehe, new word). But in the Starshine books, expect a lot of 'I hate you, I love you' stuff. ;)
Rate & Review, please! Your comments are much appreciated. And feel free to check out my bio and message me anytime. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ohh, I love it ! The attitude of dejection, bitterness, and pride. She is so different from anyone in Casonia! I have no idea what these forms are or who these guys are or thier objectives yet, but the way this is written, I want badly to know... And who is this one Elcos? Really fantastic intro chapter. Even if I was not already your friend Nora, I would be so drawn in by this!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much :)



Reviews

Nora I love your writing...has a charm and fun spirit to it. I will be reading more

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shaun Payton

10 Years Ago

Cool...oh werewolves and vampires have been so so overdone. I look forward to reading. :)
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Shaun Payton

10 Years Ago

Welcomey:)
Good writing and char development. Thoughtful of you to use fair line spacing and a credible font.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Chris

10 Years Ago

I don't compliment or blow smoke.
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

Ah.
A wonderful start and I love thew character's chemistry. I look forward to reading more. ^-^

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

:D thanks!
I think it is a good book so far I like it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

I'm not sure about the chapters... around 30. Casoina will be five-six books, I know that for sure. .. read more
Obscured by the Shadows

10 Years Ago

Thats awesome.... haha I must read all your books now
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

Lol
Hm... intriguing! I like the idea and the detail put into the characters. I'll most certainly be reading more :)
Snowbunny

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

I'm very grateful for your comment. Thanks so much and, only if you want to, please check out my oth.. read more
Madeline

11 Years Ago

Alright :) I'll check it out.
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
I love this! I love your main characters attitude and I can't wait to see what happens next!!! And I'm super excited for some "I hate you, I love you" business haha

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
Ohh, I love it ! The attitude of dejection, bitterness, and pride. She is so different from anyone in Casonia! I have no idea what these forms are or who these guys are or thier objectives yet, but the way this is written, I want badly to know... And who is this one Elcos? Really fantastic intro chapter. Even if I was not already your friend Nora, I would be so drawn in by this!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much :)
Very interesting, and very well written! Great job. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :)
I'd really appreciate it if you checked out Casonia as well. I've been work.. read more
Very intriguing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. :)
That's kinda what I was goin' for ;)
Eliott

11 Years Ago

I'm a little confused, but I'm sure I will catch on. :)
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

I wrote this chapter with the intention of being vague so that it will hopefully press the reader to.. read more
Great chapter.
I enjoyed reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Thank you. Do you think you'll continue? :)

I also have another book on here called Cas.. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

I think I will continue.
I will read Casonia too.
Would you mind if I take a couple of d.. read more
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Oh, there's no rush at all. ^^

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

868 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2013


Author

Felicity's Eve
Felicity's Eve

About
Note: I know that lately I haven't been posting a lot of writings that I feel comfortable sharing, but I'm trying to let more lighthearted subjects make poems and stories of themselves. It's just a ma.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..