HERE'S A THOUGHT

HERE'S A THOUGHT

A Story by donothavespecsbutstillanerd
"

this article is a cliche and may sound a bit over the top, but i wrote this for people like those in my school in mind...ugh... to much insecurity in the air...people need to think they are awesome!

"

HERE’S A THOUGHT!


“Beauty is variable.

It is a thing of perception.”

                                    ― Anonymous (Pssstt…it’s me)


I maybe what you call fat, or I maybe what you consider as thin. You can call me obese and you can call me anorexic, but I am who I am and I wouldn’t change that for anything in the world. If I’m overweight and want to be thin, I will work for it. If I’m thin and want to be heavier, I will work for it. You can label me, categorize me, try to belittle me. But you can never define me. These labels we use are describing words, not defining words. If I choose to be a certain way, then let me because it doesn’t concern you. You can call me names, insult me but the fact remains, I am who I am. I choose me. And I advice you to choose yourself as well. Let the comments from the crowd enter from one ear and chuck them through the other.

The fact is: people judge. I judge, you judge, they judge, we all judge. Period. Deal with it. Life won’t be and shouldn’t always be all flowers and sunshine. We will grow up and we will have to face reality. Your reality maybe good or bad, but remember your emotional state is not perpetual. Time changes all. We will grow as people. Our feelings, our emotions, our thoughts, our mindset: they all change. Or evolve at least. What will remain is our hard work. In the gamble of life, hard work gives you the maximum winning probability. So work hard, because now is the right time to show your true self, in all your glory. We all need work. We are but, just canvases yet to be painted. Always be yourself. Remember, originals standout. Break free from the chains and shackles that we have bound ourselves with. Break through that glass ceiling that taunts you, and fly! The sky is the limit.

 Stop feeling? No, that’s not what I’m saying. Just know what to take into consideration and what to ignore.

We don’t need to be perfect. Something about perfection is deeply flawed. The beauty of things comes through imperfections. Our imperfections make us unique. Embrace them.

Now most of you are probably thinking that this entire article is a cliché. Well, it is. But it is a topic that I believe is important and it cannot be discussed enough. The truth is most of us are very insecure. And this deep rooted insecurity will impact our young minds and may leave some deeply harmed and shaken. It needs to be cured. We are all different and we are all special. Know that and you’re golden for your journey in life!


#MyBestSelf #BreakFree #IChooseMe #MyPerpetualMetamorphosis  

 

SIYA SINGH

IX - B

 

© 2017 donothavespecsbutstillanerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017
Tags: insecure, popular, fat, thin, cool, awesome, fly, free, labels, tags, loveyourslef

Author

donothavespecsbutstillanerd
donothavespecsbutstillanerd

India



About
I am a fourteen year old girl. I absolutely love reading. I am not really good at writing but that's why i'm here. hopefully with a little practice and advice, i will become better.um...what else...i .. more..

Writing