Visceral Tranquility

Visceral Tranquility

A Poem by Steve L.
"

A raging storm from within...

"
I want to fade...explode...cry...orgasm...experience every human emotion to its most piercing...

Melt into another's arms...roar at the top of my lungs on the precipice of something magical and unknown...

Within me...intertwined in my fabric...a stormy, foreboding sea...a stunning and brilliant starry night...a tempestuous desert summoning only the brave...an oxygen-stealing mountain peak... a steamy and pulsating tropical forest...

I can absorb and feel all of the blood coursing through my body...giving me life...feeding my mind...

Flowing like a godlike tide after a Category 5 Hurricane...the electricity...the singular purpose...time itself is taking a break out of amazement and respect...

Swollen...stretched...sliding in and out of the warm, sensual treasure...each thrust brings us to a different place...a different experience...

In...on a remote beach in the Pacific...out...in a rolling meadow in the Midwest...in...floating on a cloud...out...in a natural hot spring in Iceland...

Eyes meet...connect...search...find...skin slides together...pulsating...perfect...

Mind is in an exotic fog...my vehicle is reaching its peak...glistening...hungry...raw...omnipotent...

I want to permit existence...embrace the limitless...conquer the dark...bask in the stillness.

© 2014 Steve L.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very natural, flow of thought piece, that unlike some, is not choppy, it is well done, and beautifully expresses a wide range of emotions -- a stream of consciousness that is coherent and well put together. Bravo.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Wow!!! Thank you for the positive review!
"I want to permit existence...embrace the limitless...conquer the dark...bask in the stillness" ! powerfully written... I loved it:))

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
You have taken us through the erotic build up and the urgent desire all the way to the afterglow. The images that flash before one's eyes, the feelings, the tastes and sounds! This one sizzles, Steve....good work. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Lydia!!
Its beautiful. I love your penning style. Well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you again!!
This is quite exhilarating! They way you expressed your need to experience all of life's adventures, emotions and feelings was invigorating and fresh. I never seen a poem on a sprint like this one. I had to catch my breath as I read this at the speed of light as I felt like you were running and I wanted to run with you! This was very well expressed. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

I am so glad that you enjoyed it! Thank you!
Ahh! Let me catch my breath! Your poem was "all that and a bag of chips"! I loved the gliding and rolling of the words that take you to the places you desire. Very successfully I might add. Beautiful!


Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Donna, thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate it.
I love the way you write... it is so damn moving... it is so ebbing and flowing like the tide.. moving me within is flow, getting lost in the emotions, the images... the feelings strong, yet teasing... this one is powerful and sensual and awesome.... I FEEL the words caressing my mind and making parts react deliciously... your use of carefully placed words and ideas fit together so wickedly to produce this massive onslaught of emotions... exotic fog is right.. wheeeew.. one I want to get "caught up" in... yummy indeed.. love this one.. I am a fan sir.. well done.. think we did come from the same "passion school"... hell yes...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Hell, even your review got me going!!! You truly have a unique gift :)
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

I would be inclined to agree sir... you are more than welcome, it is a pleasure.. and thank you:)
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

haha!!... wasn't my intention, but hey... like the sound of that.. just wrote what you "inspired"..... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2014
Last Updated on August 20, 2014
Tags: Love, passion, existential, exotic, feeling, power

Author

Steve L.
Steve L.

NJ



About
Life's trials and tribulations provide limitless material for writing... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SHADOW SHADOW

A Poem by Lola_Bee