Early Morning Blues

Early Morning Blues

A Story by Sarah
"

Another scene - once again I would love to incorporate this into a larger story

"

            Six-thirty in the morning always comes too early. I peel myself out of bed, even though my eyelids are protesting.  Fumbling for my phone, I pressed snooze on the alarm and fell back in bed. I’m not going to fall back asleep, I told myself, I’m just going to shut my eyes and count to thirty. My eyes were appreciative and my body began to sink back into the sheets. I made it to nine. Thank God I set an alarm, because the next thing I knew, I was fighting my eyelids were once again cursing me as I set the alarm off again at six forty-five. With a sigh I pushed myself out of the bed and stood in front of the mirror.

            It’s Thursday. Thursdays are the worst because it’s already been a long week, but it’s not the weekend yet. So you’re tired with nothing to look forward to.

I started to rummage through the clothes that were strewn across my desk chair for a blouse to wear for the day.  

Not that I ever really have anything to look forward to. Every week is the same, school and work during the week; Homework and parties during the weekend. It’s always the same. It’s not a bad life. There are so many people that would kill for an opportunity to go to school. Heck, there are millions of people who just want a chance to work. I get the chance to live a college lifestyle, where I can stuff my brain with as much useless information as I desire, that so many people aspire for. I’m so damn lucky.

The yellow sleeve of my blouse peeked out from under the pile; I pulled it out and grimaced when the rest of the pile slid onto the floor. I need to clean my room this weekend. I let the thought pass quickly, because I knew that I wasn’t actually going to clean my room this weekend. It was nowhere near the top of my priorities.

The blouse had a mysterious red stain on it. I dropped it to accompany the rest of my wardrobe on the floor.

If I am so damn lucky, then why am I so damn unhappy?

© 2012 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
I'm a new writer and would LOVE some honest feedback, no matter what direction, I'm just looking to grow! Thanks in advance :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can see this becoming something bigger. This seems to be just the intro.

I want to know what happens next. :0)

And...i can totally relate to the alarm thing....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012
Tags: morning, cynicism

Author

Sarah
Sarah

Writing
Locked in Pages Locked in Pages

A Story by Sarah


Waves of Thought Waves of Thought

A Story by Sarah


Life is a Game Life is a Game

A Poem by Sarah