Yet another life taken

Yet another life taken

A Story by sketch_monster
"

Anastasia's long story short.

"

Yet another life taken

 

She stood still, frozen. She watched as her whole life flashed before her. She remembered all the good things that have happened in her life. “Don’t do it!” she kept telling herself, “Do you really want to end it this way?”. Tears streamed down her face, in pain she could not express in any other form. Her parents were shouting and started knocking the door with great strength. Her mind, stirred up with life changing decisions, confusion, curiosity. “Why are people like this?” She often asks herself, “Why me?”. She held the cold blade in her small wrists and aimed towards her stomach.

Anastasia was just an average young 15-year-old girl. She loved reading and playing guitar. Anastasia was shy around boys, especially the popular ones. She was usually mute around the girls, teachers, neighbours…anyone. She always sat in the same corner during lunch break, reading. She seems nice doesn’t she?

Well that’s not what everyone else thought. They laughed at her. Teased her. They all picked on her like she was nobody. She often ignores what they say to her. But sometimes, it’s just too much.

“Why are you so quiet Ana? Too afraid to speak back? Huh?”

“You’re such a nerd!”

“Ewww, everyone, stay away from her, she ugly!!”

Anastasia walked home. She lived just about three minutes away from the school. Whenever students walked past, they would frequently throw things at her window. They would laugh and make fun of her.

“Honey, don’t you worry about them! Everyone goes through this stage where…” Her mother’s voice faded. She’s heard the same thing, over and over again. She ran upstairs into her tiny bedroom, trying her best to hold back millions of tears that were ready to escape. She lay on her bed and stared at the ceiling. For about an hour she was thinking.

“What if I just change myself,” She thought.

Couple days later, after more and more bullying, she decided to change. She wore makeup to cover blemishes and scars. She wore fancy clothes that revealed a large portion of bare skin. She wore piercings. She created a Facebook profile, hoping to make new friends. She talked differently. She threw away her novels. She became a completely different person.

The first time Anastasia walked into the school gates, with her new self, everyone stopped and stared. She didn’t know what they were staring at. She believed that she could fit in now. No. Anastasia was wrong. They laughed even harder. They caught her into a circle. All those girls kicked her around, punched her and laughed. How could they just laugh at her? How could anyone just not care one single bit about a young girl? She walked home that day, limping and taking quick, short breaths as she sobbed.

Ana was severely beat up that afternoon. She ran upstairs right after her mother and father noticed all the bruising and injury that had happened to their beautiful Anastasia. Ana locked her bedroom door and she just sat on the floor, crying. She suddenly stopped as she heard her phone beeped. Suddenly hundreds of messages flooded her inbox on Facebook. She couldn’t bear to read the rest after one person started pointing out all her flaws. She threw her phone across the room. Anastasia walked to her desk and picked up the knife she kept in the bottom drawer. 

© 2013 sketch_monster


Author's Note

sketch_monster
apologies for any grammar mistakes..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013
Tags: stop, bullying, bully, suicide, tragedy