Prolouge of the second story

Prolouge of the second story

A Chapter by SlightlyOdd

Rian woke in a very cold room. he felt dry, his regular brown hair falling into his eyes he slowly moved his stiff body at he same time he moved his sandpaper tongue over his dry cracking lips.he recognized the groggy sloth like feeling of being drugged. he felt a tiny spark of anger rising in her mind. he quickly smothered it. he saw he had been searched as he was only in hose and his under tunic. Noting the manacles around his wrists that had chains surprisingly lose and hazily trailing upward and the same with his ankles only the chains did not rise but sunk somewhere into the floor. Rian quickly scanned the room, It was no good it was a circular stone room about two horse-lengths in diameter. There was a small window about two handspans wide and pinky length in height and a door with no handle on one the end of the room, no chance for escape. He also noted the number of levers in perfect view of his positions right now. Bards were welcome in any town or country generally even in times of war. Which made them good spies and governments very wary of them. They had caught him spying on the kings war meeting in which they had discussed undisclosed information of going over weak points and strategies. He was obviously not going to be leaving here not with the information he had obtained it was all going so well but a servant had walked around he corner he hadn't seen him but he had tripped the commotion had drawn a guard and well that was that. but he still had a trick or two up his sleeve. Because he was a true bard not just a talented minstrel. At that moment a man swept into the room.
"We found nothing of your employer in your bags, nothing of your origin either" he said he spoke back completely fluently in the most formal of their language
"And why would you need to know that?" he said with a infuriating smirk on his face.
The man who entered found himself geting angry at this spy. He Serentrth Ereminus was rarely angry. After all anger clouds the mind as well as clears it.His cold brown eyes became heated as Rian looksed at him green of his eyes screaming out mockery as the light reflected off the sliver flecks giving the impression of mockery without speaking a word.
Serentrth found a lie and it took all he had not to spit venom out wit his words.
"Listen well, we can give you all you desire if you tell what you know and who you work for."
Rian smiled "No you won't, You'll have no use for me so you will kill me" he said simply
"If you won't cooperate we will have to make you won't we" Serentrth smiled coldly he had no idea what about this skinny stupid man infuriated him so much. Well let the man smile now he would after all have little to smile about later.
"Acarin, He won't cooperate"
"So soon" said a high female voice from beyond the door
"Yes my dear he has proved to be, uncooperative" 
A woman in loose black clothing walked in a cruel smile on her plump lips
"We can't have that now can we"
So began his own personal hell.



© 2012 SlightlyOdd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on March 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012


Author

SlightlyOdd
SlightlyOdd

Mysteries Mysteries oh what fun



About
Here's the thing why not guess Give it your best: Cats are a no but the symbol a yes Green is good by my color is gold I am a mule but when facts are told I relinquish my throne with crusts of .. more..

Writing
wind wind

A Poem by SlightlyOdd