Be My Puppet Master.

Be My Puppet Master.

A Poem by T. Wes Smith

You could tell my heart to dance, and it would add a tune, spell out your name so that it may have it tattooed on itself, you’ve inspired me, you attached these strings to my heart, do you dare tug, at every moment as I yearn and my eyes begin to flood, to think of you without me, forever my heart with follow thee, id blister these hands, down off my feet, crawling back to you, if it means you’d love me, let it be known, your words so lovely they’ve been carried with me, this past year, the last words you said still ringing in my ears, hold out your hand, press the palm to my chest, because no matter the words my heart says it best, pleading with each beat, and each skip of rhythm, listen let it speak, hear the words I am unable to reach, feel my pulse, read my eyes, understand with you is where my heart lies, what keeps it beating, in you is defined, those eyes, screaming to me, interpreting the love that wishes you’d be mine, deep within I have fallen for your mind.

You could tell my heart to dance and it would add a tune, but if you give us a chance, a reward much sweeter, to sit back, release the strings, and see it perform on its own for you.

© 2011 T. Wes Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on December 17, 2011

Author

T. Wes Smith
T. Wes Smith

Columbus, OH



About
I am from Ohio, i love to write, tell me what you think, I am closing my read request because they are hard to keep up with while being stuck out here working my a*s off, plus I refuse to answer to re.. more..

Writing