I had promised you. I'm sorry.

I had promised you. I'm sorry.

A Story by Abbie
"

No idea where this idea came from.........

"
     My name was Jason. I was 31. I had dark brown hair, and deep blue eyes. I had was a strong soldier fighting for my country in the army. I was also engaged to the most beautiful girl in the world, my little Lauren. I loved her more than anything. She had the sweetest smile, and the prettiest laugh, and the best personality. Now,  She was bawling her eyes out screaming at my non-existent self. And I say non-existent, because that's right, I died. I had died for my country though, so It was a good way to die, a proud one.

     So right now I was a ghost, standing, well floating actually, behind my wife that will never be. It was the day we were supposed to have the wedding, the day I got back from the war. She was in our room, wearing her wedding dress, crying in a pile on the floor.

     "I-I-I can't believe you. Y-y-you promised! You p-promised me forever!" she screamed at me, as tears rolled down her beautiful face. It was always beautiful, no matter what.

     I remember the promise I made her. I promised her that I would come back, and we would be together forever and  always. It tried so hard to be safe, yet keep my country safe as well. I just couldn't do it. Sometimes, things happen.

     I floated right in front of her and sat down as well, looking into her beautiful, yet blotchy, brown eyes. They had turned red from all of her crying.  I knew that I had to take the pain away, but how? I can't come back to life! Then it hit me, I can allow her to hear me, but only for a little bit. Then I must go on.

     "Lauren, can you hear me?" I asked quietly.

     I don't exactly know how I did it. Maybe by willing it to happen? I don't know, but I obviously did, because a second later, I heard a sharp gasp. Laurens eyes flickered around the room.

     "J-J-Jason? Your alive?" she asked,still searching the room after hearing my voice.

     "No, Lauren, I'm dead. I'm a ghost, and I only have a short time to talk to you. So let's make it count hon." I replied.

     "O-okay.... Jason I love you. I always will. I will never love another! I promise." she said crying some more.

    "Lauren, I love you too. I will see you again when your time comes, but no sooner. Don't you even think of suicide. Please don't." I said sincerely. I could think of nothing worse than my little Lauren killing herself. I just, I don't know what i would do.

     "I won't. Even to be with you I won't because your life ended before it begun, so I will live life to the fullest, for me and you!" she said smiling a bit, her tears fading.

     I was about to reply, when I started to feel a lifting feeling in my body, which meant it was time to say goodbye. I knew I only had a short time, but I didn't think this short! I had to get in one last thing.

     "Lauren I know our time was short, but the time is up. I need to go. I just want you to know one last thing. Lauren, I promised you I would come back, but I didn't. I had promised you. I'm sorry. I love you, forever and always!" I said, kissed her on the lips, not that she could feel it, but because I knew I would never kiss her again.

     I then let the lifting take over my body. I had completed my last wish. my life...and death...was complete. I was being taken out of our...now her...house and brought to the sky by the lifting feeling, when I could have sworn I heard her whisper "I forgive you, and I will love you, forever and always."

© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
well, what do you think? my first short story. I think it really stinks, but please let me know what you think (yes, I'm talking about reviews ;D) !!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I liked it. it was kinda fast pace but it was good and I think it could have used a little more emotion but other than that it was kool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it, it's good. It kind of reminds me of a TV show I watch. You should keep writing short stories, you're an amazing author

Posted 11 Years Ago


It must be terrible for people who loose their love to duty. The story was cute and bittersweet. I like the use of first person perspective and how personal and emotional it was. I feel that you could have slowed it down, added more details and imagery to it. It is a great first! Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's so cute :D Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i loved this it was soo soo soo sweet! great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Adorable! Loved it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aww this is sooo sweet. :DDD
Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012

Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


What to write? What to write?

A Poem by Abbie