Media Musings

Media Musings

A Story by oneZtwoLLs

Modern-day technology is slowly absorbing humanity's identity through exploiting the present and idolizing what is planned for the future. History is left in textbooks as children learn from television and pop icons. People identify with what they know and fear or pity the unknown. It is the duty of people in the public's eye to dig beneath the highly cultivated landscape of today's media and expose the truth of the raw earth beneath.

From print media to radio; from television to the Internet; modern-day technology has become the source of American's reality. The media highlight the day's significant occurrences and expose plans for upcoming events. The public opens their minds just enough to soak up the information uncovered and stows it away to relay to others in casual chit-chat, never questioning the reality of what's seen and doing nothing more with the information than holing it away in their muddled, modest minds.

Learning from the actions (or lack-of-action) of their parents, children emulate the same behavior, casting aside the boring stories of old and etching their memory banks with media's vague and entertaining offerings. Left with empty calories offered through media, children's minds become fat with useless nonsense, and children grow into adulthood without questioning the sights and sounds offered through media's smorgasbord. This new generation of media-heads can wrap their minds only around what they see and this becomes their reality.

Today's media shows what is accepted in today's society. Relating to the normalcy of easy-going and highly predictable sitcoms or action-packed movies with happy endings, the population of America's media-induced cookie-cutter society becomes angered when exposed to the truth. Unable to accept other's differences, pity is the only feeling forthcoming when faced with true diversity, and the media leaves only a glittering laser-coated exterior.

Wearing down to the tarnishing truth beneath the glitter is the duty of informed Americans. They must work to expose the truth and unseen information that lies beneath media-induced realities, though exposing the truth isn't the end result. Knowledgeable Americans must hack into the drone-like covering of American society and reach through to the God-given compassion underlying all humankind.

Through corrupted, sugarcoated media, Americans have become ignorant to the truth. Accepting everything for face value and questioning nothing has become a burden to society. Reaching through to the core of American's humanism is necessary to release benevolence.

             

© 2008 oneZtwoLLs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Truth in advertising...your comments made me think of that. Absolutely and area of critical concern for everyone.

We must remain skeptical of the media always.

Thank you for your work.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a really well-written and thought-provoking article you've written here and I agree with you 100%. Just looking at how the media has handled the whole Britney Spears fiasco is proof of so much of what you say. I especially loved your points about young people and how they basically believe that they are the center of the universe and what they know comes from media and entertainment more than books. Its almost odd to think that letter writing used to be considered an art. Now barely anyone writes them anymore. My penmanship has gone the drain.

Great job with this...so are you planning on submitting anywhere? I think you should. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

oneZtwoLLs
oneZtwoLLs

MO



About
I write. Not so often here, but elsewhere. more..

Writing
Rambling Rambling

A Story by oneZtwoLLs