THE KEEPER

THE KEEPER

A Story by JENY
"

The psychology of "keeping". If you are a keeper of something or somebody, read. This is a humble creation of my wandering unstructured thoughts.

"

          THE KEEPER

      

 

       In the beginning mother was my keeper. She told me your father is also your keeper. I enjoyed my state of my being kept by them. In the adolescence I began to feel that I will be happy if there weren’t anybody to keep me. I thought that I can taste full freedom without any keepers around me. The result was an unsteady mind, swaying between loneliness and regressive tendencies and traits of childhood.

                In the adulthood I disentangled all the confusion by sculpting out a philosophy that “nobody can keep anybody, you are the keeper of yourself”. In that knowledge I learned to compromise myself with the mounting loneliness around me. Now I am a lover of silence and loneliness.

 

       Parents keep children. Destitute keep poverty. Wealthy keep luxury. Prodigy keeps knowledge. Moral rules and values keep conscience. Teachers keep students. Police keep law and order.  Prisoner keeps culprit. . And justice is in the hands of lawyers. Everybody on the surface of earth keeps something or somebody. Why? Being a keeper gives him a feeling of being needed. The keeper gets the feeling that I am in need. This feeling feeds his ego.

 

                     In the role of a keeper there is this subtle mental satisfaction. Whenever it is thwarted the keeper trespasses into the freedom of the kept and his role changes into that of a possessor. Possessiveness in any relationship is a state of mind emerged from the feeling of insecurity of the keeper. Fear of loss of the object he kept. It hurts the freedom of kept.

 

                 Only the wise knows that nobody can keep anybody. He does not keep even himself. Those who are the keepers of wisdom keep nothing. He knows one and only one keeper. The keeper of universe.

 

© 2010 JENY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was indeed a very intense and thoughtful piece of writing. I can easily imagine it in a column of any local English newspaper.
Very beautifully written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


love this-very thought provoking!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2010

Author

JENY
JENY

Kerala, Thrissur, India



About
friends I am back... more..

Writing
Listen Listen

A Poem by JENY


RESEARCH RESEARCH

A Poem by JENY


IF YOU LEAVE ME IF YOU LEAVE ME

A Poem by JENY