ADOLESCENT MIND"S VIRTUAL LOVE

ADOLESCENT MIND"S VIRTUAL LOVE

A Story by JENY
"

Its.. how an immature adolescent mind works....

"

        ADOLESCENT MIND’S    VIRTUAL LOVE

                  I quit socializing in the real world. Because, socializing in the real world is little bit difficult nowadays. One can distinguish the real friend from original at the spot itself. And most often, by my criteria for real ones, I do not meet many real ones. It is as if I am destined by providence to meet sham faces only. I retreat before I go deep into relationships and avoid floundering. So, networking in my real world ends up shallow and superficial. They never take root in my mind.

                     In the cyber world you do not approach with prejudices as what your friend writes and uploads about him/her determines what he or she is for you. Of course, there is no guarantee that a man is wholly what he writes.

                 But I am comfortable with what my friend says about himself. As long as he want to be my virtual friend, he will appear at least, virtually good, I believe.

                      In this play of intellectual connectivity day by day my mind is being conditioned to the norm that friendship in the real world is a myth. Real world relationships are more virtual and unreal to my mind now. After my classes I hurry to internet café to connect to my friends. There I sit chatting with persons from the other parts of world till I am convinced that I am not alone in this world. Filling my feeling of emptiness with thoughts from virtual world I go home satisfied. I chat less and less with my siblings. As chatting with fingers has left my mind tired that I find chatting with my tongue something fabricated and worthless. It lacked openness and always had traces of doubt regarding sincerity behind the purpose of chatting.

                            You know social networking gives me a feeling that I am not a finite being. My mind can travel into the minds of those at the far end of universe. Look, how broad minded I am. Do you think that in the real world you can make a private space with your friend except in the bedroom?

                      My liaison with my cyber friend is locked with a pass word. What we share between us is exclusive to our world till some possible Chinese cyber criminals hack into our account. Topics from sex to terrorism, from love to boredom, from misgivings to depressions almost everything in the area of mutual interest is shared between us with such openness that even our differences between cultures, religions, sexes, beliefs languages are often transcended. While chatting about a topic of mutual interest for example; music, we forget our areas of differences and enjoy being in a oneness of minds that is alien to the mortals of real world.

                      In the real world where, conflict over differences is ruling the roost, competitions give way to tolerance and forbearance. Relationships often stoke my feeling of insecurity and inferiority. I feel more and more insecure about forming relationships in the real world. My cyber friends do not leave such an impression in my mind. I am satisfied with what they can give me and they never expect from me more than I can give.

                     Never think that I am a case of social failure. Rather consider me a failure in forming truthful, trustful friendships. I will agree with that. I do not feel any thing wrong if you call me so. Because true friendship is a thing existed in past. Commercialization of all aspects of life debilitated human minds capacity to give and take unconditional love. He is alien to unconditional love. He cant give such a love to his own children because his cognitive system is programmed to expect something in return, for whatever he gives. He is conditioned to think in that terms even while it is love that he is offering. Nor can he receive unconditional love as his mind is paranoiac. A mind who functions commercially, can never receive anything without doubting the purpose of giver. He is alien to unconditional transactions of life.

                                         

          So, in this modern world I am satisfied with my virtual friends. I can never touch my friends. So what? I can have myriad opportunities to travel through minds which will appear in my computer screen in such a way that is more reliable than the minds of friends, I can have in the real world. Which are literally masks…..beautifully designed built masks.

© 2010 JENY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some people were born with the ability to make friends easily, but I was never one of those, and you don't seem to be one, either. It is easier for people like us to portray ourselves confidently over the internet, probably for a number of reasons that only a psychologist could name. In time, though, I've found that my internet socializing skills have crossed over into my real life. Perhaps this will be the case for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Judging from your introduction (the one in small print), some part of you sees the larger truth of it...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is partially true. My friends here are not interested in so many things i am.. this was so interesting.. virtual friends are nice to have but when we stop communicating with our family and friends in this world , then it is a bit crazy..
I enjoyed this.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2010
Tags: Psychology

Author

JENY
JENY

Kerala, Thrissur, India



About
friends I am back... more..

Writing
Listen Listen

A Poem by JENY


RESEARCH RESEARCH

A Poem by JENY


IF YOU LEAVE ME IF YOU LEAVE ME

A Poem by JENY



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Counting Steps Counting Steps

A Poem by ice