Casey: Chp. 1 Dreamers

Casey: Chp. 1 Dreamers

A Chapter by snapjack

“Casey, listen to me!” I yelled out, but she refused to listen.

“How could you?” Casey said in her soft, calm voice.

“I-” I stated, but she cut me off with three words.

“I hate you,” She replied. Her brown, doe eyes looking back at me with such hurt that it made my organs grind together. My heart almost busted into a million pieces.

“Casey, please don’t-” I stated again, but she looked down at the ground.

“Why should I stop, hm?” Casey said, looking back up at me. She tilted her head slightly like she always did when she was upset. “Why should I stop telling the truth? Maybe I should lie like you did. Or maybe you should have stopped humping her leg!” Casey screamed with her finger pointed at me. Tears started forming in her eyes as she swung around and grabbed her purse.

 

 “Casey,” I said and my eyes opened. I took a deep breath and exhaled, putting my hand over my face as if rubbing away my thoughts. The feeling of a hangover crept into my head, but I wasn’t drunk and haven’t been for a long time.

“Did you say something?”

I rolled over and looked at the bed a few feet from mine. Dumasani was looking at me with his arm propping himself up.

 “No, man, I didn’t say anything,” I replied.

When Dumasani’s father, Dante was stationed in Lothala army base in South Africa, he met Uheri, Dumasani’s mother who then married Dante on the military base and moved back with to the United States. There Uheri and Dante had two children, Dumasani and Hada. Dumasani was the only son of the two to inherit his mother’s light grey eyes which were staring back at me. He was from my hometown and was one of my best friends.

“Bad dreams again?” Dumasani asked and I nodded my head. I rubbed my hands against my face and breathed in the dusty air.

“It’s the meds that are doing it,” Dumasani replied. I heard his bed squeak as he plopped back down on the twin sized mattress that he was too tall for.

“Yeah,” I murmured. “That must be it.”

 

                           ----------------------------------------------

 

I heard a rock hit my window and I quickly got up from bed. I had been waiting for this night since I was young. I grinned as I opened the curtains.

Aiden’s face smiled back up at me and he held up his pointer finger. In seconds his clothes fell to the ground and a snow white owl raised its wings. It flew up to meet my smiling face at the window and I could almost see a smile on its beak.

“Jeez, Aiden,” I muttered to myself and slid my window open ever so slowly to avoid any noise. The owl fluttered down on the window sill and silently walked closer inside my room. His bright eyes were shining up at me. He flopped down onto the cream carpet and formed into the Aiden I knew so well. I went over to the drawer that held his clothes and handed him a tee-shirt and boxers.

Aiden smiled and looked at me. I opened my mouth, but he pulled me to him and I was suddenly kissing his lips. They tasted like the night air. I caught my breath and looked into his eyes. They were the color of a green apple and so bright against his tanned complexion.

Aiden cupped his hands around my cheeks and grinned.

“Are you ready?” He asked, quietly, and I nodded enthusiastically. He smiled and looked at the floor. When he met my gaze my heart sang.

“Don’t be too depressed, though. I don’t have much, but just enough to get us through,” Aiden whispered, his breath sending chills up my arms. It felt like the summer night breeze.

“As long as I’m with you,” I muttered. Aiden smiled harder and put one hand on the back of my head. I wrapped my arms around his hard torso and breathed in the scent. I could almost feel him running through the woods that night, as if I were on the adventure too.

“I love you, Casey,” Aiden muttered into my ear.

“I love you, too.”

 

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around.

I only dreamt of him when he was dreaming of me. Or was it that I was dreaming of him and he would be dreaming of me?

“Either way it was a dream, Casey,” I whispered to myself while rubbing my temples. I sat upward and looked around the dark room.

It had been a year and four months since I had seen Aiden up close and I still wasn’t used to the idea of not having him next to me when I woke up. I heard the soft snores of my father sleeping in the bedroom down the hallway and I let out a sigh.

We had been so successful to not wake my parents up. Everything had gone as planned and then when it went wrong, it went very wrong. It wasn’t long after they took Aiden, putting me back with my parents and sending him where he belonged.

I tried not to think about him like that, but it seemed to feel so good thinking about him like that.

I pulled the hidden drawer out on my nightstand and felt around for the small round pill. A glass of my just-in-case water was waiting for me on the top of the nightstand. I put the pill in my mouth and gulped it down my throat with the water.

I put the glass back on the nightstand, pushed the drawer in and my head hit the pillow.



© 2010 snapjack


Author's Note

snapjack
Only 1 chapter so the rest are going to be longer. Any comments are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The start raises many questions. There's great imagery in this chapter. I look forward to the next.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2010
Last Updated on December 18, 2010


Author

snapjack
snapjack

NC



About
All original photos that I have used can be located in my blog on here, named: ALL USED PHOTOS.... http://www.writerscafe.org/snapjack/blogs/All-used-photos-can-be-found-here:/10939/ Any const.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by snapjack